Pregnancy And Parenting

Working and looking after a baby is starting to take its toll. My wife is on an early shift today so I've been on baby duty since she woke up at 6. She will get back around 2 when I'll head off to work and get home around midnight. First couple of days were great but I'm feeling like a zombie today. Bea is at an age where she has an ability to entertain herself but not for very long so I'm trying to nap when she naps but after a twenty minute snooze I've woken up feeling worse than I did before!

I guess it's just something you have to do, but I've definitely got a healthy new respect for stay at home parents. Nae easy.

My princess Ava :wub: starting to get her smile back again after another shitty winter of colds and viruses.  Back into the sick kids on Sunday for 72 hrs observation, then Botox and probably tonsils out 

IMG_1904.JPG

2 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

My princess Ava :wub: starting to get her smile back again after another shitty winter of colds and viruses.  Back into the sick kids on Sunday for 72 hrs observation, then Botox and probably tonsils out 

IMG_1904.JPG

What do they use the Botox for Heed? :huh:

She's been on hyoscine patches since birth bud, to control her saliva, but now has Botox injected into the saliva glands

Is that to reduce how much saliva she produces or something? Sorry with the questions! Just curious. Only ever heard of Botox being used cosmetically.

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Is that to reduce how much saliva she produces or something? Sorry with the questions! Just curious. Only ever heard of Botox being used cosmetically.

She has a poor swallow reflex, she can't cope with any type of liquid orally mate

Due to a mix up today whilst putting the grandkids and their pram in the motor today we accidentally drove away and left their change bag on the ground. We didn't realise until we got home about 20 miles away. The wife drove back in the hope that it might still be there. It wasn't where we had left it. Some kind soul had found it and handed it into the Mothercare shop that was there. Wonder if they would have handed it in if they had found the £120 that was tucked into the bottom of a side pocket? Would have served us right if it was gone but we were lucky. Need to be more careful in the future.

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 18:51, dave.j said:

Well, rebecca's recovering fine. Back to being a giggling head case. Think theres maybe 1 day left of penicilin.

Emma drew this the other day, without any prompting... I asked her what it was... grass blowing in the wind, she told me.

cf2cfc6a6c78ccf652d76dc2a70e9714.jpg

That's very good, to my untrained idea.*

* "eye", not "idea"! :lol:

Edited by Jacksgranda

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 19:47, supermik said:

Due to a mix up today whilst putting the grandkids and their pram in the motor today we accidentally drove away and left their change bag on the ground. We didn't realise until we got home about 20 miles away. The wife drove back in the hope that it might still be there. It wasn't where we had left it. Some kind soul had found it and handed it into the Mothercare shop that was there. Wonder if they would have handed it in if they had found the £120 that was tucked into the bottom of a side pocket? Would have served us right if it was gone but we were lucky. Need to be more careful in the future.

I once drove away with a changing bag on the roof,never got it back :1eye

My sister and brother in law had a few 'did you pick up the change bag?' routines for my niece(1st), gratefully they seemed to have learned their lesson for my nephew(2nd)・

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 22:07, Rowan said:

By time you get to third you're just happy you haven't left it behind!

I've 14 (step) grandchildren. By the time there are that many you're just glad to remember how many there are, never mind their names, ages, where they live, what they do etc.

Edited by Jacksgranda

Ruaridh was being sickeningly cute last night. He wasn't for sleeping at all so i thought I'll lie him down on the bed with a couple of teddies and he'll drift off.

Naw. 61b59e21802827399784b4972c1aa1f1.jpg

Then I went out the room for a moment only to catch him attempting the great escape
aff3d7fe1c1f5d0a76c979855cf5c05f.jpg