The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

He is just the type of guy they need in the midcard I think. He's someone who is decent enough in the ring but will never be a true top guy, but was established enough to help get folk over and to give some meaning to matches in the middle of a Raw or Smackdown. Instead of throwaway shitey squash matches that utterly bury current talent (like Gallows/Anderson over the last few weeks), you could have someone face Swagger in what would be a decent match that would give them a credible win.

3 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I'd urge everyone to seek out the street fight between the Hardys, Bucks and Roppongi Vice from the ROH PPV last night. Fucking tremendous and bonkers.

Looking forward to catching this show, probably get round to it next week sometime.

From the NJPW anniversary shows this week Okada vs Tiger Mask W (Ibushi) is absolutely sensational. Match of the year outside the Dome show

On 3/2/2017 at 03:29, Randy Giles said:

Yet another heel where they had his act right before he won the title and then fucked it when he had it. Was never a bad wrestler by any stretch so I'm looking forward to seeing how he does away from WWE.

Did he not violate the wellness policy for being high and then demoted to feck?  Always liked Swagger tbh. 

25 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Regal in the HOF then?

That's been rumoured. Usually 8 or 9 get inducted on the night. We've already had 7 announced and are waiting on a celebrity induction too. 

They'll add a few very very old ones into the Legacy Wing as well I think. 

I see that's Swagger gone officially then.

The writing was on the wall for me last year when he was sitting in the row in front of me flying from Glasgow to Newark the morning after the RAW show at the Hydro. I didn't think it would be normal practice for a WWE wrestler fly on his own in with the plebs using United airlines to be honest. He fair put the vodka away as well, he was well pished by the time we off the other end.