The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Hoping someone can help - touching on the invasion storyline.

I remember when the wcw/ecw first started coming into wwf matches and interfering etc and the maybe a couple of shows later there was either 1 or 2 wcw/ecw guys that interfered in a match but about 20 wwf guys came to the ring and totally kicked their ass :lol:

Can't remember who it was or when but would love to see it again

Edit: just watched the vid and seen this was on the build up to S.S. still a crazy storyline, seeing big show surfin on the coffin is laughable laugh.gif who came up with that script "then paul, you jump on your dads coffin and surf it out into the sunset"

:lol:

The best part was the pure fun Bossman seemed to be having with the whole thing. The best segment of the fued was the one when Bossman visited Show's mother, and sparked the absolute gem. "Big Show, you're a b*****d, and you're momma says so !". Legendary.

Was just talking to a mate about wrestling and we were talking about the good old days when we had just started watching wrestling during the 'boom' period. Got me thinking, when did you lot all see your first wrestling show on tv? and when did you start watching it all the time?

For me, I had seen WWF stuff on channel 4 etc and at mates house but never had any way of watching it properly until getting Sky. So the first full show I seen was the Raw before Summerslam 2001 on the friday night when I had just got Sky. Good times :D

Edited by KilliePie

As a young kid my only exposure to wrestling would be the early Wrestlemania VHS tapes my nan would bring home from her charity shop - I've still got Mania IV on tape somewhere.

As for TV ... that would have been in 1997 when we got Sky. The first event I saw was Badd Blood: In Your House - not a bad one.

Bizarrely I missed the Survivor Series the following month so the whole Montreal incident, initally, went over my head. Watched WWF/E regularly from then on, as well as WCW Nitro on the old TNT channel.

Edited by The Naitch

Was just talking to a mate about wrestling and we were talking about the good old days when we had just started watching wrestling during the 'boom' period. Got me thinking, when did you lot all see your first wrestling show on tv? and when did you start watching it all the time?

For me, I had seen WWF stuff on channel 4 etc and at mates house but never had any way of watching it properly until getting Sky. So the first full show I seen was the Raw before Summerslam 2001 on the friday night when I had just got Sky. Good times :D

Back in the late 80's is when I started up to about 92/93 and it was just a case of watching the main events on video. You either had videos or you would go round a friends who had a video etc and you didn't necessarily 'keep up' with everything in order - you just used to watch stuff as you came across it

Stopped watching it from 92/93 to around 98/99 when I started watching it again and then it was mainly just the TV stuff - Raw mostly along with any main events that were on Sky. Watched it till about 2002/03 and then I moved out and didnt have Sky anymore so didn't really follow it at all.

And now I only watch the odd bit here and there on the net when I'm bored Now a days I am more intrigued when the older generation wrestlers pop up as reminds me of when I did enjoy it :D

As a young kid my only exposure to wrestling would be the early Wrestlemania VHS tapes my nan would bring home from her charity shop - I've still got Mania IV on tape somewhere.

As for TV ... that would have been in 1997 when we got Sky. The first event I saw was Badd Blood: In Your House - not a bad one.

Bizarrely I missed the Survivor Series the following month so the whole Montreal incident, initally, went over my head. Watched WWF/E regularly from then on, as well as WCW Nitro on the old TNT channel.

I've got Mania IV on VHS as well somewhere. Found it in a charity shop few years back.

Didn't know TNT was on Sky before. I just assumed Nitro was shown on another channel like Bravo etc.

I've got Mania IV on VHS as well somewhere. Found it in a charity shop few years back.

Didn't know TNT was on Sky before. I just assumed Nitro was shown on another channel like Bravo etc.

Yeah, TNT (now known as TCM) would show black and white films most of the week except Friday nights when they'd show Nitro, which meant going head-to-head with the first showing of that week's RAW over on Sky Sports. They also showed Thunder for a while.

EDIT: Nitro started at 9pm on Fridays, with RAW at 10pm - ahh, it's all coming back to me now.

Edited by The Naitch

Yeah, TNT (now known as TCM) would show black and white films most of the week except Friday nights when they'd show Nitro, which meant going head-to-head with the first showing of that week's RAW over on Sky Sports. They also showed Thunder for a while.

EDIT: Nitro started at 9pm on Fridays, with RAW at 10pm - ahh, it's all coming back to me now.

And ECW was on Bravo

Aye, ECW Hardcore TV was good fun back in 1999 on there. Did they have the TNN show at any point ? I can't remember. I do know they had the old weekly though as I watched Tajiri vs. Tony DeVito on there.

It was the very early 90s for me at my uncle's house and it involved The Rockers. Buggered if I can remember much more than that.

This was before the days of Sky +, Youtube and torrents etc. Dunno what I woulda done to get to see both :lol:

I think this is the main difference there will be between the original 'Monday Night War' and the new one about to start.

Were in the days of being able to watch both. But of course, the US TV execs dont care about that, they care what one you watch first.

TNA are wanting us to watch the first five minutes of Impact on Monday. Fair enough. I'll do that.

Can't guarantee I'll watch the rest though.

They're wanting us to watch it? If their showing it live over here then no problem.

Whats the bet they go on a few minutes early and reveal spoilers for Raw? No doubt they'll spend the first 5 minutes doing a promo involving everyone that any WWE fan will recognise.

I started watching WCW on TNT in 1998, around the time of the NWO Hollywood and Wolfpac! First time watching WWE was when I was at a friends house and we watched Royal Rumble 1999 he had recorded the night before.

I just remembered, I remember seeing a WCW show on Channel 5 back in the day. Was probably 98/99. Anyone remember that?

Also, anyone think WWE or TNA should try get some sort of TV show on our (currently) terrestrial TV like ITV, Channer 4 or 5?