The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Possible spoilers about the Rumble onwards, just a rumour I read:

The title match at the Rumble will be a Fatal 4 way match between Miz-Morrison-Orton-Lawler. The title will be put on the King. King will then lose the title at Elimination Chamber to CM Punk. That would give us the following matches at Mania:

Punk-Cena for the title

Barrett-Taker

Miz-Lawler

It would also presumably mean Cena wins the Rumble or it will be someone from Smackdown, possibly Del Rio.

I thought Lawler couldn't due to a staph infection?

Possible spoilers about the Rumble onwards, just a rumour I read:

The title match at the Rumble will be a Fatal 4 way match between Miz-Morrison-Orton-Lawler. The title will be put on the King. King will then lose the title at Elimination Chamber to CM Punk. That would give us the following matches at Mania:

Punk-Cena for the title

Barrett-Taker

Miz-Lawler

It would also presumably mean Cena wins the Rumble or it will be someone from Smackdown, possibly Del Rio.

That has the potential to be one of the worst title matches in fucking ages!

I don't see why Lawler is getting so much tv time, I see that the crowd love him, so just have the Miz slap him about ever now and then, to give him heat, but there is no need to have him wrestle, not least in the main event. Since it'll stunt the growth of other people. Also don't see why they'd have one heel, two faces and a tweener(leaning face) in the main event.

When is the Rumble?

For me Barrett has to win this to get back some credibility after being teabagged by John Cena at TLC. Also he's a surprisingly good at being a heel on the mic for being British, I don't know why but I've never been able to take British wrestlers seriously on the mic as heels, or faces for that matter, (see Drew McIntyre as point and case). I still think a Punk/Barrett fued could work though.

Punk is now the only good thing about Nexus with Barrett seemingly out of it. What's the point?

It made no sense for Punk to let Barrett go into that match considering he could've had a shot at the title but aye ...

Overall a pretty good RAW this week though. :)

Punk is now the only good thing about Nexus with Barrett seemingly out of it. What's the point?

It made no sense for Punk to let Barrett go into that match considering he could've had a shot at the title but aye ...

Overall a pretty good RAW this week though. :)

Good start and alright end but the middle was absolute guff. Was there only the divas and the tag match as well? I supose it's 2 out of 4 which were good.

edit: Del Rio match was pish, don't see the point in him even coming over.

Edited by forehead7

That opening match was great fun, and I'm glad they got JoMo's title shot out of the way. Crowd reactions probably dictate that we'll see more of him in the main event scene though. Fine by me, because he seems to be getting over. My main problem with him being in the main event was that he wasn't over, but this latest push seems to have done him good.

Quite blatantly ripping Ken Anderson now.

What are they doing?

Look at this compared to the pish promos we get from Orton and the likes every week...nobody can even come remotely close to this man. It makes me sadsad.gif

What?

I hate the "what?"s, worst thing about Stone Cold.

What?