The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I was being serious, I did know. In fact, if you search google (I hope :unsure: ) you'll probably find plenty of articles that pre-dated him joining TNA that show he was going to join TNA.

Well the Sun has a podcast and they've had interviews with both Angle and Jarrett and both said that only them and Dixie Carter(the tna president) knew that he was debuting at No Surrender.

Everything on impact this week was pretty boring up until the AJ/ Bischoff segment. Bischoff really is the best non wrestling on screen character there currently is.

Joe's promo was excellent as well, very confidently executed he's probably one of the most underated on the mic in TNA i think. He seems like a bit of a tweener at the moment.

I haven't watched the last couple of Impacts but I've just read the Genesis results. I'll put them in spoiler tags for anyone interested:

- Kazarian defeated Jay Lethal to become the new X Division Champion

- Madison Rayne defeated Mickie James to retain the Knockouts Championship, after interference by Tara

- Beer Money defeated The Motor City Machine Guns to become the new Tag Team Champions

- Bully Ray won the Street Fight vs. Brother Devon after the referee disqualified Brother Devon for beating Bully Ray with a chain

- Abyss (subbing for an injured AJ Styles) defeated Douglas Williams to become the new TV Champion. An injured AJ interfered in the bout, hitting Williams with the title and costing him the bout.

- Immortal's Mystery Opponent for Rob Van Dam was none other than Matt Hardy, who made his TNA debut and defeated RVD, thanks to a controversial decision by referee Jackson James

- The MMA Exhibition between Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle was thrown out after Jarrett got disqualified. After the bout, Jarrett bloodied Angle and injured him

- Mr. Anderson defeated Matt Morgan to become the #1 contender to the World Championship

- After the bout, Eric Bischoff announced an exhausted Anderson would get his title shot immediately against Jeff Hardy! The bout saw interference by Matt Morgan, Mick Foley, Ric Flair, Matt Hardy and RVD! HOWEVER, in a shocking upset, Anderson beat Hardy to win the TNA World Heavyweight Championship!

Thoughts:

Kazarian will be a good X Division champion, hopefully his rematch with Lethal is on Impact so there isn't a long feud between the two.

Another Tara Mickie feud, yay! Bit of variation would be nice.

The Guns were great champions but makes sense with the Immortal stuff to take the belts off them. Makes that 8 man match for the tag titles look even stupider now.

How can you be disqualified from a street fight?

Abyss, fucking Abyss. He is dreadful, truly dreadful.

Matt Hardy is an arsehole. He better not be wrestling at Maximum Impact and he better not be the next challenger for the world title.

The MMA thing sounds like it could've been done on an episode of Impact, just building the feud.

Anderson will be a top notch world champion IMO and they had to take the title of Hardy. If this was the plan though, surely they could've had the number one contenders match on Impact and had the PPV match without making Hardy look like shite (I'm guessing, I haven't watched it).

Apparently AJ's injury is legitimate and he will be out of action for around 8 weeks, meaning he won't be on the Maximum Impct tour :(

Edited by Marshmallo

The Good Looking Stuff From TNA Genesis

So far, only Miz and Morrison have broken the 4* with that very rating on RAW, but with there only being a couple of TV shows before this PPV in 2011, that wasn't a bad effort at all! So we're looking for more from this PPV.

Oh, and I don't mind spoiling the fact that AJ Styles didn't make the PPV for his match with Douglas Williams. I won't say who Williams faced instead, but suffice to say it was a fucking terrible replacement and the guy I voted as worst wrestler of 2010. Needless to say, I didn't watch it.

Jay Lethal © vs. Kazarian - TNA X Division Championship ( *** )

Motor City Machine Guns © vs. Beer Money Inc. - TNA Tag Team Championships ( ****1/4 )

Rob Van Dam vs. Mystery Opponent ( ** )

Jay Lethal © vs. Kazarian - TNA X Division Championship

Kaz into the ropes and he runs into the Rana from Lethal. Kaz backs into the ropes but Lethal continues with the right hands and chops. Hiptoss and then goes for the Dropkick but Kaz moves. SUICIDE DIVE FROM LETHAL !!! Big chops from Lethal. MOONSAULT PRESS OFF THE APRON FROM LETHAL !!! Back into the ring and that gets a two count. THIS time he hits the Cartwheel and a Dropkick. Lethal now with some chopping. Kaz then sends Lethal face first into the middle buckle. Lethal comes back with chops again. Lethal sweeps down Kaz and then hits the Catapult and then the Leaping Kick gets a two count. Back Drop Suplex from Lethal and that gets two again. Kaz hits the breaks and lands a back elbow. HUGE Spinebuster from Kaz and that will sure change the momentum of this one and now he lands a series of right hands. Gutwrench Suplex from Kaz and then he chokes with the boot. Kaz now chokes Lethal over the middle rope. Body Slam and then the Springboard Leg Drop and that gets a two count as well. The audience gets behind Jay Lethal here. Right hands from Kaz and then Lethal lands the Handspring Back Elbow. We now have right hands from both men. Kaz rakes the eyes and hits the ropes but runs into a big chop. Macho Neck Snap from Lethal and then he gets to the apron. KAZ BRINGS HIM INTO THE ACE CRUSHER !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Lethal is set on the top rope. FLUX CAPACITOR ... Lethal then stops him. SUNSET BOMB FROM LETHAL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Running Enziguri from Lethal. LETHAL COMBINATION !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Both men with reversals and Kaz to the apron. SLINGSHOT DDT FROM KAZ !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Kaz then slaps Lethal. Lethal comes back with chops and right hands. Suplex from Lethal and then he signals for the Flying Elbow Drop. Lethal heads for the top rope and gets caught with a kick to the face. SUPER REVERSE TOMBSTONE ... Lethal fights away from that. KAZ BRINGS LETHAL DOWN WITH THE REVERSE TOMBSTONE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

Kind of predictable when considering Immortal's aim for the night. Wasn't anything wrong with the match. Just didn't set the heather alight either. Lethal looks like a pure fud when he gets angry. ***

Motor City Machine Guns © vs. Beer Money Inc. - TNA Tag Team Championships

This should be a real belter right here. We open the match with Roode and Shelley. Lockup and Roode goes behind and then Shelley goes to the arm. Hammerlock from Shelley. Roode then takes down Shelley and twists on the leg. Shelley goes over and then goes to the Front Facelock which is quickly countered to a Headlock. Roode charges down Shelley and then hits the ropes. Spin Kick to the head from Shelley and that gets a one count. In comes Storm and then he takes down Shelley with the Hiptoss. The Guns work on Storm and in comes Sabin. THE DREAM SEQUENCE FROM THE GUNS !!! In comes Roode and he takes the double kicks. Snapmare from Sabin gets a two count. Arm Ringer from Sabin and then in comes Shelley. The AWA Special to the arm from the Guns, but then Storm with a thumb to the eye. Storm to the ropes and then to the apron. Assisted Dropkick sends Storm to the floor. STEREO SUICIDE DIVES FROM THE GUNS TO THE MONEY !!! Back in. Shelley goes for something and misses. Kick to the gut from Shelley. SLICED BREAD #2 ... countered and Roode with a Clothesline to the back of the head. Storm gets a two count from that. Knee 2 Face and a Running Neckbreaker and in comes Roode now. Double Charge from Money and then Roode back in and he lands a Knee Drop for a two count. Into the corner they go and Roode with chops. Right hands from Roode. Snapmare and Rolling Neck Snap from Roode gets a two count and back in comes Storm. Camel Clutch from Storm. Storm then spits at Sabin and Beer Money use the chance, but Shelley now comes back. SLICED BREAD #2 FROM SHELLEY !!! He's about to tag but Roode pulls Sabin off of the apron right at the last second. Roode now tagged into the match and he lands a Leg Drop for a two count. Chinlock from Roode now. Shelley fights out and runs into the Back Elbow and back in comes Storm. Front Facelock from Roode. The fans get right behind Shelley. I think there's a real sense that a title change is coming in this match. Double Suplex from Beer Money and you know what follows that. BEER... MONEY !!! Roode then spits at Sabin. Short Arm Clothesline from Roode. Swinging Neckbreaker and that gets the same result. Storm tagged in and then he chokes Shelley over the middle rope. Catapult but Shelley fights back and sends Storm to the floor. Downward Spiral sends Roode into the middle buckle. RUNNING PUNT TO STORM AND IN COMES SABIN !!! Tilt-a-Whirl Head Scissors from Sabin. BRUTAL KICK TO THE FACE FROM SABIN TO ROODE !!! Roode now set in the Tree of Woe. Hesistation Dropkick from Sabin! In comes Storm and that doesn't help. Storm Suplexed onto Roode and then sent to the floor. Leaping Rana from Sabin and then in comes Shelley. ASSISTED SWINGING DDT FROM SHELLEY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... STORM SAVES !!! Shelley set on the top rope now. DOUBLE STOMP FROM SHELLEY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Hot Shot from Storm. LUNGBLOWER FROM STORM !!! Running Enziguri from Shelley. Enziguri misses. Counters. Beer in the face. SPINEBUSTER FROM ROODE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Shelley comes back with chops. Baseball Slide from Shelley. PESCADO ONTO STORM !!! Roode is left with them. STEREO KICKS TO THE HEAD OF ROODE !!! SKULL AND BONES FROM THE GUNS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... REF PULLED TO THE FLOOR !!! PLANCHA OFF THE TOP ROPE FROM SHELLEY TO STORM !!! SPRINGBOARD SWINGING DDT ON ROODE ... COUNTERED TO THE NORTHERN LIGHTS SUPLEX FROM ROODE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Shelley gets over Roode. LAST CALL ON SHELLEY !!! DWI ON SABIN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! DWI ... countered. YAKUZA KICK TO THE FACE OF SHELLEY !!! SCHOOL BOY FROM ROODE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

You can't really expect anything less from these teams, can you? A great show of tag team wrestling and fluidity from all four men from two of the best tag teams in the world at the moment. ****1/4

Rob Van Dam vs. Mystery Opponent

My god. Matt Hardy is looking FAT. Matt is looking kinda weird here. Right hands from Matt. RVD sends Matt into the ropes and he hits the breaks. Sleeper Drop from Matt and then he does some mocking running, but RVD comes back with a Spin Kick. Into the corner and RVD with right hands and then Shoulder Blocks. Snapmare and then a Leaping Side Kick from RVD. Spin Kick in the corner from RVD in the corner. Into the corner and then Matt onto the apron and RVD sends him to the floor with the Side Kick. RVD then heads for the floor. Matt gets sent off of the apron. MOONSAULT PRESS OFF OF THE APRON FROM RVD !!! You'd think TNA would have told either him or Lethal not to do that move. Seeing it twice on the same night is kinda weird in a "big" promotion. Cross Body Block off the top gets a two count. Twist of Fate is blocked. We now have some reversals. MATT SENDS RVD INTO THE BOTTOM BUCKLE WITH THE WAISTLOCK TAKEDOWN !!! That was a nasty move there. RVD pulls himself to his feet and Matt with a Clothesline in there. Bulldog from Matt and that gets a two count. Full Nelson from Matt. RVD comes back and then Matt with knees. SKULL CRUSHING FINALE FROM MATT !!! AWESOME !!! :P ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Matt with more mocking of RVD. Neckbreaker from Matt and then he goes to the middle buckle. HE LEAPS RIGHT INTO THE SPIN KICK !!! Right hands from Matt and RVD. SIDE EFFECT FROM MATT !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Elbow Drop and that gets another two count. Matt drops his weight across the back of RVD and that gets a two count. Chinlock from Matt. RVD with a fight back. Into the corner and a kick to the face from RVD and then a Body Scissor Takedown gets a two count. Superkick from RVD. Spin Kick clocks Matt again. Manhattan Drop from RVD and then the Leaping Sidekick. ROLLING THUNDER FROM RVD !!! FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH FROM RVD !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... HAND AT THE ROPES !!! Was that even at the bottom rope? RVD seems to think the same thing. TWIST OF FATE FROM MATT !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

I hate when the referee is booked to look like a fud. Anyways this was at least an action packed wee match. **

I've watched Genesis

I know they had to do it by any means necessary but Immortal looked weak in this PPV.

The Kaz and Lethal match was alright. Some good wrestling. Makes Lethal look weak by making him lose the title so close after winning it, don't think Kaz looked bad from this despite Bischoff saying so.

Didn't watch either of the Knockout's match or the Dudley one all the way through. I don't think it was a street fight, they kept alluding to the fact that the ref was giving them room to go, they were in the crowd fighting and the ref was counting.

The tag match was good, lot of near falls for Beer Money, don't see why they couldn't have let them win clean with the DWI, instead a mix up with the Guns is capitalised on by Beer Money and they pick up the win.

Shite news with AJ, thought it might've been a work just so he didn't have to wrestle and risk getting booted out of Fortune. It was a shite match though, between Abyss's slowness and Williams' "injured" hand, it was really slow and it just lacked something cool to excite.

The MMA match was stupid. Obviously they're building the feud but they shoulda had Angle embarrass Jarrett so that Jarrett allows Kurt to wrestle again(like Cena and Barrett) Not sure how they're gonna bring Angle back. Nice of them to finally reference the Karen thing.

The RVD and Matt Hardy match was alright, a dirty finish was the only way Matt could beat RVD without it being unrealistic as f**k. Hardy didn't look that bad, he's still got a gut but it looks less than it was in WWE.

The No1 Contender match was decent, good bit of back and forth between the two. Glad they didn't really push the concussion thing, that could've ruined the match.

The title match was good. It just got ridiculous but funny at the end. Morgan hits Hardy. Foley takes the chair away from Hardy, Flair comes down and tries to face off with Foley and security separate them. Matt Hardy comes down and tries to interfere only for RVD to come down and beat him to the back. Bischoff tries to hit Anderson and he gets a mic-check for his troubles. My only regret is I went onto facebook and saw Anderson holding the title dry.gif

edit: Forgot to mention that both of the Hardys look stupid, Matt has dredds that look like the kind of dredds you see 11 year old girls get from markets in Spain. Jeff continually wears sand coloured jeans, megalolz.

Edited by forehead7

Gotta love TNA .. winning a street fight by disqualification. LOL.

I don't think it was one.

Raw/SD spoiler

Del Rio is moving to Raw

Aparently the guy who's suing The Rock and HHH was standing on a chair when the incident happened. Does he seriously think he's gonna win this?

edit:aparently it was a street fight, f**k sake. Can't defend them then. Bawbags.

Edited by forehead7

Ideally it would be Sting or Goldberg, leading to them embarking on a two/three month programme culminating in a match at Mania.

Ever since he appeared in that wwe figure convention video, i have been hoping that this would finally be the year that Savage would get in.

I agree though with Sting, not too fussy about goldberg. Arn Anderson is looking like a cert and so is Ron Simmons

Ever since he appeared in that wwe figure convention video, i have been hoping that this would finally be the year that Savage would get in.

I agree though with Sting, not too fussy about goldberg. Arn Anderson is looking like a cert and so is Ron Simmons

DAMN, couldn't resist.

It's a shame Savage isn't in due to rumours and whispers.

Got banned from the official WWE tinychat room that you interact with the superstars for retorting the following during that Nexus whipping angle:

Random: This can't be PG...

Me: This can't be heterosexual.

And with that, i'm banned.

:lol: