The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

So why do you watch TNA then?

I tend to just watch single matches nowadays. Skip the shite and read about it, watch the stuff I think looks like it's gonna be good. Didn't help me to avoid Matt Hardy vs. Rob Van Dam the other day, but hey, can't pick winners all the time.

I'm finding myself doing the same with WWE PPVs as well. Can't even watch Smackdown anymore, even for the good matches.

edit: It's for impact:

Missed the opening promo from Anderson, only saw him squaring Bischoff and the stuff that came after.

The Beer Money and Guns watch was alright, seems they're breaking the Guns up, not sure how I feel about it. Probably Shelley going heel. Guns have been a bit stale(IMO) recently but not sure who'll feud with Beer Money, can't stand Ink Inc and unless the they turn Gen Me or make British Invasion again(Williams/Magnus/Wolfe?).

The various promos and videos were pretty good. 45 minutes through the show(without breaks) and there's been one match. Knockout's is about to happen as well.

Wasn't a bad match, Winter/Katie Lea seems pretty decent.

Morgan and Abyss was actually quite good, decent pace to it considering Abyss was involved. Nice to see Crimson, Amazing Red's brother, get a chance, he looked decent in the match with Jarrett.

Was quite a decent main event, bit chaotic and shit with the ref bump and interference.

Not a bad impact though, mostly because of the lower amount of opportunities for bullshit writing.

Edited by forehead7

WWE House Shows that I've been to have always had pretty good main events, ones I can remember are:

JBL vs Cena vs Angle with Steve Austin as guest ref

Cena, HBK and Triple H vs Orton, Edge and Umaga (Spirit Squad vs Ric Flair, Roddy Piper and The Highlanders was also on this show :D)

Eddie Guerrero vs Big Show

Cena & Mysterio vs Edge & Big Show (CM Punk vs Chris Jericho was the semi main event also)

I tend to just watch single matches nowadays. Skip the shite and read about it, watch the stuff I think looks like it's gonna be good. Didn't help me to avoid Matt Hardy vs. Rob Van Dam the other day, but hey, can't pick winners all the time.

I'm finding myself doing the same with WWE PPVs as well. Can't even watch Smackdown anymore, even for the good matches.

That really does defeat the whole purpose.

<br><br>Royal Highland Centre in Edinburgh. 2005 maybe?<br><br>EDIT: This one: http://www.wrestling.../newsitem/1647/ I forgot how class the line-up was, Mohammed Hassan FFS!<br>

2005, my point exactly. I remember seeing a promo about a Wrestlemania Revenge Tour and the first names mentioned on the tour were Big Show and Kane. Those guys as headliners?!?.... "bah gawd".

That really does defeat the whole purpose.

2005, my point exactly. I remember seeing a promo about a Wrestlemania Revenge Tour and the first names mentioned on the tour were Big Show and Kane. Those guys as headliners?!?.... "bah gawd".

They are main eventers on Smackdown, that would headline a PPV from the SD side.

Not seen or heard about any wrestling in about a month and a half, can anyone give me december in a nutshell? Hardy still the champ I hope.

I always mark out for the Rumble.

TNA

Ken Anderson is TNA World Champ(Hardy's probably gonna get sent to prison for drug possession in about a week

Beer Money are Tag Champs

Abyss is TV Champ

Kazarian is X-Division

Matt Morgan has been facing Hardy while Anderson recovered from a legitimate(and storyline) concussion caused by Jeff Hardy(see my avatar .gif) Anderson came back recently and beat Morgan on Sunday night to be the number one contender, unbooked Bischoff comes out and tell Anderson he's gonna get his title match right then and he wins after some shit goes down outside.

Beer Money just beat MCMG for the tag titles after Sabin accidently kicked Shelley in the face, they did the same on the recent impact so the Guns are probably gonna get broken up.

Doug Williams left Fortune and feuded with AJ Styles, beat him using the Styles Clash, much to AJ's embarrassment, he was scheduled to face Williams on Sunday but suffered a legit injury so Abyss took his place and he won it.

Robbie E(Jersey Shore rip off merchant) and Jay Lethal were feuding for a while and Lethal finally beat him a couple of weeks ago, Kazarian won a number one contenders four way on Impact and beat Lethal on Sunday.

Dudleys have split up, Devon got DQ'd in their street fight(?), not sure where that's going.

Jeff Jarrett has been doing a Double J, Double M, A(MMA) exhibitions. It started as a way to piss off Samoa Joe after he fucked him over at Bound For Glory. Referee gets distracted and Gunner and Murphy beat up Joe and Jarrett slaps on a Joe sleeper hold thing on him and he taps out or is unconscious. He kept picking "fans" out of the crowd to face in a chance for them to win 100 grand of Jarrett's own money. He started to beat on Amazing Red fews more weeks past he kept using the Angle/ankle lock until Angle came out of the crowd and signed a contract he had for a match at Genesis(this past Sunday) but it was an MMA exhibition, Jarrett rubbed some shit in Kurt's eyes and went to town on him. Jarrett's now retiring from his MMA and Karen Angle-Jarrett is being used(just this week come in) for some ripping on Kurt seemingly.

Immortal threw the old heavyweight title in the bin and Eric Young found it and is running around with it so we should see that come back soon.

+1 Thanks a lot, sad to hear about hardy, how long will he get?

Not sure, his court date is the 20th and he's gonna plead guilty. I've heard reports that he could avoid jail time or he could serve time. There was a case up in New York of someone pleading guilty and he got probation, community service but avoided jail and he has to pass numerous urine tests and stuff. Carolina drug laws are quite strict, even on first offenders.

Not much chance of avoiding jail time I'm afraid. The real issue is how much time he'll actually do.

I've been watching Lionheart's YouTube channel, and it appears to me that he's booked as a fucking machine no matter where he goes. I've never noticed that before. I don't imagine that'll continue with JJ though.

At least he's got people talking about him again, which is probably more than he was expecting.

He's made his mark on pro wrestling in the US, and what a mark he left as well. It's a shame he's with TNA, because with a WCW themed Hall of Fame, he'd have to be a shoe in for a place.

At least he's got people talking about him again, which is probably more than he was expecting.

He's made his mark on pro wrestling in the US, and what a mark he left as well. It's a shame he's with TNA, because with a WCW themed Hall of Fame, he'd have to be a shoe in for a place.

I doubt it'll be WCW themed now that HBK has been announced as the first guy in.

Put my iPod on shuffle in the gym today and the first four songs to come on were:

1) Ric Flair's entrance

2) Goldberg's

3) nWo

4) Mean Street Posse

I have 2600ish songs on my iPod and only 20 or so of them are wrestling songs. The first two were coincidence, I was loving it when the 3rd came on then marked for the 4th.