The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Stealing ideas from Davis Love III...

THE WWE PPV PREDICTION LEAGUE

I'm willing to add TNA to this if it's so desired. Basically I'll be doing a basic 2 point win system. Bonus questions from time to time and other stuff I can think of it! Anyone else up for this?

Kurt Angle left TNA ongoing European tour to return to the United States after doctors were forced to induce labor on his fiancée, Giovanna Yannotti, several weeks early.

Angle was the special guest referee for the Jeff Jarrett and Matt Hardy vs. Shannon Moore and Mark Haskins match in Lyon, France. The 1996 Olympic gold medalist received a phone call while on tour that Yannotti was forced into emergency labor due to health complications.

The baby, Giuliana Marie Angle, was born prematurely Saturday at 5.5 pounds and 18 inches long. Yannotti remains in intensive care.

Angle confirmed pulled out of the tour Saturday, writing on Twitter:

"To my fans, especially in Europe. Sorry I had to pull from the tour. Giovanna, my fiance', had complications with her labor. I came home To be with her and my beautiful new daughter Giuliana is doing fantastic.

"I will be staying at the hospital until Giovanna is able to leave. She won't be able to leave until the doctors clear her condition. Thank u all for ur support."

First Shelley now Angle....f**k sake.

Kurt Angle left TNA ongoing European tour to return to the United States after doctors were forced to induce labor on his fiancée, Giovanna Yannotti, several weeks early.

Angle was the special guest referee for the Jeff Jarrett and Matt Hardy vs. Shannon Moore and Mark Haskins match in Lyon, France. The 1996 Olympic gold medalist received a phone call while on tour that Yannotti was forced into emergency labor due to health complications.

The baby, Giuliana Marie Angle, was born prematurely Saturday at 5.5 pounds and 18 inches long. Yannotti remains in intensive care.

Angle confirmed pulled out of the tour Saturday, writing on Twitter:

"To my fans, especially in Europe. Sorry I had to pull from the tour. Giovanna, my fiance', had complications with her labor. I came home To be with her and my beautiful new daughter Giuliana is doing fantastic.

"I will be staying at the hospital until Giovanna is able to leave. She won't be able to leave until the doctors clear her condition. Thank u all for ur support."

First Shelley now Angle....f**k sake.

And AJ, bit of a disaster this tour.

I'd be up for that btw Dom Dom, although going by predictions I've made for PPVs, I've been disastrous. I would request that here be nothing about mystery opponents and surprise entrants for the Rumble etc, since I want to remain spoiler free on stuff like that.

I'm willing to add TNA to this if it's so desired. Basically I'll be doing a basic 2 point win system. Bonus questions from time to time and other stuff I can think of it! Anyone else up for this?

Sounds like a cracking idea. Definitely up for that.

I'm regretting buying a ticket already.

It's a blow for them to have these guys out, but I'm still going along expecting a decent show.

Edited by The Naitch

It's a blow for them to have these guys out, but I'm still going along expecting a decent show.

The MCMG were the whole reason I agreed to go with my mate, and AJ is still the best guy I've seen live, now that both of those aren't going to happen I've kind of lost interest. The rest should be decent, but I'm gutted.

I would request that here be nothing about mystery opponents and surprise entrants for the Rumble etc, since I want to remain spoiler free on stuff like that.

Seeing as there'll be spoilers all over the map even before I post results, I don't see why this is much of an issue. Although mystery entrants for the Rumble are a hard one to predict so would be unfair to have a question for that.

I would request that here be nothing about mystery opponents and surprise entrants for the Rumble etc, since I want to remain spoiler free on stuff like that.

I would disagree, half the time it's not spoilers anyway, but simply predictions. Maybe anything questionable should be given spoiler tags. The whole fun of the Rumble for me is guessing the entrants.

Seeing as there'll be spoilers all over the map even before I post results, I don't see why this is much of an issue. Although mystery entrants for the Rumble are a hard one to predict so would be unfair to have a question for that.

I don't mind about results. That's fine because it's my fault if I come onto the thread between me watching it and it being shown. I just meant like Rumble entrants and if there was another match like RVD vs Mystery Opponent, and you had to guess the opponent. Something that could be found before it happened online.

Or were you just gonna do pick the winners from the cards?

If there are mystery opponents, I'll keep eyes out for news online and if there's spoilers leaked, the question gets taken away. Of course the best way to rectify that is a 24hr deadline on predictions, as mystery people don't usually get leaked untill they get to the arena and stuff like that.

We could, of course, just have it a straight win/loss prediction game, and just leave those matches out. After all, you can't predict a match if you don't know who's wrestling, right?

What I WILL be doing for an extra two points for the Rumble itself is a Sweepstake where everyone picks a number between 1 and 40 and if the guy with that number wins, you win two points. It's a simple enough little game!

Edited by DomDom

We could, of course, just have it a straight win/loss prediction game, and just leave those matches out. After all, you can't predict a match if you don't know who's wrestling, right?

What I WILL be doing for an extra two points for the Rumble itself is a Sweepstake where everyone picks a number between 1 and 40 and if the guy with that number wins, you win two points. It's a simple enough little game!

Well.....

Yeah, I'm down for whatever, just wanted to get a feel for what's happening.

I'm willing to play, but will need to be kept right.

The MCMG were the whole reason I agreed to go with my mate, and AJ is still the best guy I've seen live, now that both of those aren't going to happen I've kind of lost interest. The rest should be decent, but I'm gutted.

I too am absolutely raging at the news of all these guy pulling out. As I said to Marshmallo earlier the only consolation would be to have Joe come over.

Sounds good to me.

I ran a WWE/TNA prediction league on my wrestling site the last few years and have yet to be beat. tongue.gif

Give you a few details of our scoring system.

This is a list of the points which are up for grabs.

For Single or Tag matches

1 on 1 - 1 point

Triple threat - 2 points

Fatal four way - 3 points

Fatal five way - 4 points

Anything 6 people or more - 5 points

All matches correct

Extra 10 points

Royal Rumble

Winner = 10 points

Wrestlemania

Double points for everything.

Extra 2 Bonus points

Most extra questions will be for 2 points, for example orderof eliminations in chamber matches or elimination matches. How many pins fallsin iron man or championship chase matches.

Extra 1 Bonus point

For a simple question like how a person will win a cagematch, by pinfall submission and so on.

If there are mystery opponents, I'll keep eyes out for news online and if there's spoilers leaked, the question gets taken away. Of course the best way to rectify that is a 24hr deadline on predictions, as mystery people don't usually get leaked untill they get to the arena and stuff like that.

I used to just right down the match for example RVD vs Mystery guest and everyone just picked who they thought would win.

Is there going to be points for rumbles marathon man and shortest as well?

That's naw a bad idea. Don't wanna give too many points away for something like that though. Probably a point per bonus. Probably have a bonus point for picking the guy that eliminates the most people.

As for the scoring system, I don't wanna overcomplicate things. Keep it as simple as possible.

I'll start a new thread during the week when we have something of a finalised card, but remember such a thread WILL have Smackdown spoilers.

What is going on! First time watching WWE in 2 months, 40 man rumble?? Why? Where is wade barrett? I've just seen CM Punk come out as new leader of the nexus, I've missed some important things, at least Cole is still heel!

Barrett's on Smackdown along with Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater(the South African and Ginger guys from Nexus).

Yeah he took over 2 weeks ago (I think). Otunga said they were under new management and Punk came out and said he was leader. So him and Barrett started arguing over it and the GM's email stated that one of them would be in a 3 three cage match with Orton and Sheamus, for the number one contender's spot for the WWE championship, so Punk said that Barrett could have the spot but if he lost he would be out of Nexus. Pretty sure Barrett was favouring one of his arms so couldn't climb the cage very well and was nearing the top when Punk ran down and offered a hand to help him win the match only to betray him and throw him down and Orton won, hence why it's Orton-Miz at RR.

Punk had initiations for the members of Nexus. McGillicutty got beat up by the other members of Nexus, the remaining lashed Harris with leather belts. Otunga had to go and confront the Big Show, who was on doing something but Slater and Gabriel refused to hit each other with kendo sticks so left.

Thanks for the update, was it a triple cage like WCW Slamboree 2000 for example? Would love to see that, can't wait for the Rumble still the one time of year I totally mark out.

Didn't you say on some General Nonsense thread that everyone in the Wrestling Thread was virgins yet you frequently post on here?