The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

DomDom - out of the 34 confirmed, any idea how many are making their rumble debuts?

http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/exclusives/rumbleparticipants11

That link has all the participants with their Rumble experience too, albeit with at least one error. According to that there are 15 debutants.

Thats why I love the Rumble so much, one of the few PPVs where I still get suprised by an outcome, I correctly guessed edge last year though, I used to love when I was younger and watching the 2001 RR I was totally shocked to see the big show return and even more so Haku who I knew as Meng, I was gutted when they announced the suprises in advance for 2002, it would have been much much more fun to see Val Venis, Godfather, Goldust and Curt Hennig return if it was a suprise instead of expecting them.

I, for one, would be massively surprised if Hennig turned up this year tongue.gif.

Maybe some of those legends they wheeled out for Nexus to beat up or the Old School Raw. Steamboat, Arn Anderson, Michael Hayes, Dean Malenko. Too old?

I did the same thing where I read it. It's like a reflex. You have to look

I wasn't gonna go onto any news website but when I saw your post, I just couldn't help myself. Surprised they've confirmed it.

Nash just has to come out to the Diesel theme for that!

This one?

I'd still be surprised if Nash was in the Rumble, with his knees being so bad, Booker'll still be able to do a job, but I thought he preferred TNA because there's less touring and you're always back in Florida every week.

This one?

I'd still be surprised if Nash was in the Rumble, with his knees being so bad, Booker'll still be able to do a job, but I thought he preferred TNA because there's less touring and you're always back in Florida every week.

I liked his 2003 theme better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXosF5D4nGY

I was gona post my views earleir but couldn't be arsed.....and nobody would care either way., but f**k it, here goes.

Well I'm not exactly the biggest TNA fan, but I expected more than we got.

1 decent match, 2 pretty good ones and apart from that nothign to write home about.

The X-Division 4 way was decent. Shannon Moore really is terrible, first punk I've ever seen that wears glittery troosers. Haskins actually looked pretty decent here. Kaz and Sabin were as good as I expected.

Beer Money vs British Invasion was a good match. Didn't last anywhere near long enough but it was a good match nonetheless. Was disapointed with Flairs involvement, he did next to f**k all. It was kinda cool to see Beer Money play the faces and Williams/Magnus the heels, but for 2 English guys in Glasgow it was expected. Oh and Ric Flairs "Wnkers! Wnkers! Wooo Wooo"" was class.

JJ vs Lionheart was superb although I didn't see the point in having Victor as the ref. It added nothing to the match. Lionheart was made to look very, very good considering I was expecting a squash. The crowd was red hot for Lionheart throughout and Jarrett heeled it up to the max.

Now on to the bad.

Morgan vs Pope and Hardzy vs Anderson/RVD are arguably 2 of the worst wrestling matches I've ever seen.

Morgan VS Pope was pointless. Came out. Bell rang. Pope got about 2 mins worth of offense. Morgan wins. SHITE~~~~ I was looking forward to seein Pope.

The main event was a joke. Barely lasted longer than Morgan vs Pope. Far and away the worst main event of any live show I've been to. It was cool to see "old school" Hardyz, but the match barely got going and it was over. In fact, I can barely recall the match.

EDIT: It badly missed AJ, Shelley, Abyss, Joe, Angle. It should have been better,

How many live shows have you been to, 2? You certainly give it enough praise.

What are you expecting from Flair, the man is 65 years old or something like that. Give him a break.

Pope? Despite his chrisma, Pope has very very little to offer in the ring.

Yes it would have been better if Shelley and AJ wasn't injured but who's fault is that? Angle had personal issues to attend to which is more than understandable. Abyss?hahaha good one

I wasn't there but why wasn't Joe involved or Lethal.

Not sure why you were expecting anything good from The Pope, he is terrible. His promos are good but he's so slow in the ring, can't believe he was in and about the main event scene before Bound For Glory, that main event (Slammiversary?) with Anderson right after Hardy and Angle would rival the main event last night, going by your review.

Why wasn't Undertaker or HHH on the WWE tours?

Hardly main event, he beat Morgan in the first round of the tournament which set him up against Anderson in the semi final for the title.

I fucking love Chris Masters these days. If ever anyone deserved a good run for consistancy alone, he does. Anyone who doubts Masters needs to watch any of his main events on Superstars.

Also, Harris and McGillishitty would have been in the Rumble, had there been 30 or 40 in it.

:lol::lol:No match on superstars can be classed as a main event.

In the intrest of banter, may I enquire as to the majoritys favourite elimination? For me it is X-Pac in 2000 (the unofficial elimination) he landed splat on his back, I don't think there has been an elimination that looked that painful (possibly cena in '03?) or Taka although he wasn't an official entrant.

go 2 pages back to see Sgt Slaughters elimination by Sid, insane.

I, for one, would be massively surprised if Hennig turned up this year tongue.gif.

Maybe some of those legends they wheeled out for Nexus to beat up or the Old School Raw. Steamboat, Arn Anderson, Michael Hayes, Dean Malenko. Too old?

I'd totally mark for The Man of a Thousand Holds. And because I can't use spoiler tags I'd mark for BDC but it would have to be his old theme.

Why wasn't Undertaker or HHH on the WWE tours?

Hardly main event, he beat Morgan in the first round of the tournament which set him up against Anderson in the semi final for the title.

Bit of difference between a 45/41 year old wrestler and a 31/25 year old. Why have someone like Shannon Moore involved in the X-division match when Lethal and Joe could be used and are only gonna improve the match.

The best ever elimination was Taka Michinoku in 2000 (he wasn't even in the Rumble!)

I'd forgotten how good heel King was on commentary, he kept asking for replays to be shown all night despite the fact that Taka was clearly seriously injured. :lol:

Can't believe that was 11 years ago now, I stayed up all night during my prelims to watch this on Channel 4 complete with adverts and a pathetic attempt to censor Mae Young's saggy boobs. Makes me feel so old. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wMt94KDiQg