The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

My life peaked last night. Me and Hero of the Day had a WOOO! sign. Flair pointed at us, and gave us the thumbs up.

Thought it was a very good show last night.

The first match was Kaz-Sabin-Moore-Haskins for the X-Division title. A bit disappointed with this match, there weren't too many big spots. A singles match between Kaz and Sabin would probably have been better, those two were a cut above the other 2, Kaz in particular. Kaz pinned Haskins.

The women's tag match was Tara-Madison vs Angelina-Mickie and was pretty good as women's matches go. Mickie pinned Madison.

Jarrett-Lionheart was very good, the crowd were really into it as they really sold the fact Lionheart was Scottish. JJ is a great heel, he did a great job. Lionheart impressed me, he looked like a wrestler and it'll be good to see him on Saturday. JJ won with the guitar shot after a ref bump to Greg Hemphill.

Beer Money w/ Flair vs Williams and Magnus was match of the night for me, Beer Money were the faces. Not sure but I'm pretty sure Flair called Williams and Magnus "Rangers Wankers" for having the Union Flag on their trousers :lol: . Crowd were electric for this match as you'd expect with the Naitch at ringside. Beer Money won using the beer to the face followed by their finisher.

Morgan-Pope was pretty poor. Morgan I like but Pope does nothing for me. Morgan won with a clothesline which was baffling to me.

Main event was the Hardyz against Anderson and RVD. Crowd was split for this one. Much as I hate to say it Matt Hardy didn't look fat, he just looked built. Anderson was awesome as expected, he won with the mic check, can't remember which Hardy it was to though.

Met Dixie, JB, Hemphill, got a wee comment from JJ, and saw Duberry, Craig and Paddy Cregg as well Russell. Overall a great night.

I'm not sure but I think Michael duberry & Liam Craig are in the queue ahead of us...

I got starstruck and shouted "LIAM CRAIG" at him and he calmly just went "Awright Bud". And that was just the start of the night.

My life peaked last night. Me and Hero of the Day had a WOOO! sign. Flair pointed at us, and gave us the thumbs up.

Thought it was a very good show last night.

The first match was Kaz-Sabin-Moore-Haskins for the X-Division title. A bit disappointed with this match, there weren't too many big spots. A singles match between Kaz and Sabin would probably have been better, those two were a cut above the other 2, Kaz in particular. Kaz pinned Haskins.

The women's tag match was Tara-Madison vs Angelina-Mickie and was pretty good as women's matches go. Mickie pinned Madison.

Jarrett-Lionheart was very good, the crowd were really into it as they really sold the fact Lionheart was Scottish. JJ is a great heel, he did a great job. Lionheart impressed me, he looked like a wrestler and it'll be good to see him on Saturday. JJ won with the guitar shot after a ref bump to Greg Hemphill.

Beer Money w/ Flair vs Williams and Magnus was match of the night for me, Beer Money were the faces. Not sure but I'm pretty sure Flair called Williams and Magnus "Rangers Wankers" for having the Union Flag on their trousers :lol: . Crowd were electric for this match as you'd expect with the Naitch at ringside. Beer Money won using the beer to the face followed by their finisher.

Morgan-Pope was pretty poor. Morgan I like but Pope does nothing for me. Morgan won with a clothesline which was baffling to me.

Main event was the Hardyz against Anderson and RVD. Crowd was split for this one. Much as I hate to say it Matt Hardy didn't look fat, he just looked built. Anderson was awesome as expected, he won with the mic check, can't remember which Hardy it was to though.

Met Dixie, JB, Hemphill, got a wee comment from JJ, and saw Duberry, Craig and Paddy Cregg as well Russell. Overall a great night.

Initially it didn't click why there was a huge que (I thought they were waiting to get seated) but eventually I spotted Dixie. He stuck around a bit at the end and got a picture with JB and Dixie. JB also went crazy for my sign, so much so that he pointed it out to Jarrett.

Jeff was pinned be Anderson.

I also didn't realise how in love i was with Beer Money and their theme song before last night either.

Overall great show, definately worth the money and I'll be back next year.

Edited by The Hero of the Day

Also another highlight from last night. Earl Hebner coming out, getting a bit of heat about screwing Bret. Plenty of "you screwed Bret" chants. Then he took off his ref shirt to a reveal a tshirt that said "DAMN RIGHT I DID!" which was hilarious. Big Earl walking around the ring doing this pose was funny stuff.

bret-har.jpg

Fancy going into detail? Pretty much every report I've seen has been positive. Would be interesting to see a negative one.

I was gona post my views earleir but couldn't be arsed.....and nobody would care either way., but f**k it, here goes.

Well I'm not exactly the biggest TNA fan, but I expected more than we got.

1 decent match, 2 pretty good ones and apart from that nothign to write home about.

The X-Division 4 way was decent. Shannon Moore really is terrible, first punk I've ever seen that wears glittery troosers. Haskins actually looked pretty decent here. Kaz and Sabin were as good as I expected.

Beer Money vs British Invasion was a good match. Didn't last anywhere near long enough but it was a good match nonetheless. Was disapointed with Flairs involvement, he did next to f**k all. It was kinda cool to see Beer Money play the faces and Williams/Magnus the heels, but for 2 English guys in Glasgow it was expected. Oh and Ric Flairs "Wnkers! Wnkers! Wooo Wooo"" was class.

JJ vs Lionheart was superb although I didn't see the point in having Victor as the ref. It added nothing to the match. Lionheart was made to look very, very good considering I was expecting a squash. The crowd was red hot for Lionheart throughout and Jarrett heeled it up to the max.

Now on to the bad.

Morgan vs Pope and Hardzy vs Anderson/RVD are arguably 2 of the worst wrestling matches I've ever seen.

Morgan VS Pope was pointless. Came out. Bell rang. Pope got about 2 mins worth of offense. Morgan wins. SHITE~~~~ I was looking forward to seein Pope.

The main event was a joke. Barely lasted longer than Morgan vs Pope. Far and away the worst main event of any live show I've been to. It was cool to see "old school" Hardyz, but the match barely got going and it was over. In fact, I can barely recall the match.

The highlight of the night, however, was Earl Hebner by a country mile.

Earl Hebner :wub:

Micky James :wub:

EDIT: It badly missed AJ, Shelley, Abyss, Joe, Angle. It should have been better,

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

I was gona post my views earleir but couldn't be arsed.....and nobody would care either way., but f**k it, here goes.

1 decent match, 2 pretty good ones and apart from that nothign to write home about.

The X-Division 4 way was decent. Shannon Moore really is terrible, first punk I've ever seen that wears glittery troosers. Haskins actually looked pretty decent here. Kaz and Sabin were as good as I expected.

Beer Money vs British Invasion was a good match. Didn't last anywhere near long enough but it was a good match nonetheless. Was disapointed with Flairs involvement, he did next to f**k all. It was kinda cool to see Beer Money play the faces and Williams/Magnus the heels, but for 2 English guys in Glasgow it was expected. Oh and Ric Flairs "Wnkers! Wnkers! Wooo Wooo"" was class.

JJ vs Lionheart was superb although I didn't see the point in having Victor as the ref. It added nothing to the match. Lionheart was made to look very, very good considering I was expecting a squash. The crowd was red hot for Lionheart throughout and Jarrett heeled it up to the max.

Now on to the bad.

Morgan vs Pope and Hardzy vs Anderson/RVD are arguably 2 of the worst wrestling matches I've ever seen.

Morgan VS Pope was pointless. Came out. Bell rang. Pope got about 2 mins worth of offense. Morgan wins. SHITE~~~~ I was looking forward to seein Pope.

The main event was a joke. Barely lasted longer than Morgan vs Pope. Far and away the worst main event of any live show I've been to. It was cool to see "old school" Hardyz, but the match barely got going and it was over. In fact, I can barely recall the match.

I wasn't there but why wasn't Joe involved or Lethal.

Not sure why you were expecting anything good from The Pope, he is terrible. His promos are good but he's so slow in the ring, can't believe he was in and about the main event scene before Bound For Glory, that main event (Slammiversary?) with Anderson right after Hardy and Angle would rival the main event last night, going by your review.

Now on to the bad.

EDIT: It badly missed AJ, Shelley, Abyss, Joe, Angle. It should have been better,

Fair enough, although there are only 2 matches there you said you didn't rate. Pope-Morgan was poor, I agree, but the main event was OK, especially when you consider it was thrown together at the last minute.

Hebner was amazing right enough, funny as anything when he winched Madison :lol:

Fair enough, although there are only 2 matches there you said you didn't rate.

Because I had zero interest in anything else. The womans match was a womans match, no explanation needed.

TNA X Division Champion Kazarian b. Chris Sabin, Mark Haskins & Shannon Moore - Decent

Angelina Love & Mickie James b. Tara & TNA Knockout Women's Champion Madison Rayne - Dud

Jeff Jarrett b. Lionheart with Greg Hempil as the special guest referee - Pretty Good

TNA Tag Team Champions Beer Money w/Ric Flair b. Douglas Williams & Magnus - MOTN

Matt Morgan b. "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero - Pish

TNA Champion Mr. Anderson & Rob Van Dam b. Jeff & Matt Hardy - Just as bad

TNA Crimson's They Spoiler

The Main Event Mafia are returning, Steiner, Booker T, Nash and maybe Sting to join Angle.

Bit disappointed tbh, you don't find out on Impact btw.

And spoiler 3 my thoughts:

I love it! I'm a big fan of Steiner, sure he is not as good as he used to be, sure he is fucking insane, but thats why I like him, totally unpredictable, I enjoy hearing him slever shite on the mic, get the rage with everyone, excellent theme song too 8) My prediction for next week "the big impact" is Dixie gets TNA back from Hogan, not sure where Hogan will go from there, The Main Event Mafia will return as "they" to fight off immortal, Sting, Nash, Booker T, Angle and Steiner, or maybe just Angle, Steiner and replacements of Morgan/Crimson, Anderson, RVD?, should be interesting to see how this plays out, also loving having the Hardy boys back together, Matts new hair is pretty cool.

Not exactly much of a prediction if I told you a week ago. Nor after that reveal.

Edited by forehead7