The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Anyone else think it's a bit tasteless to do something involving a car in that sense after what happened to Randy Savage over the weekend.

Didn't even click about that, was listening to a comedy show and they were talking about the death and they said how he'd had a heart attack and crashed into a tree and someone shouted out "snap into a trap, ohh yeeeaaah". Now THAT was tasteless!

Fucking legend barely got applause wtf is that all about? While guys like Edge retire and no disrespect to him he gets the massive "Thank you Edge" stuff.

Not surprising, you can tell by the pop Cena gets that it's mostly younger fans, and they won't know who Savage is, nor the massive contribution he made.

Unless the RAW GM turns out to be someone who hasn't been around in the company in years then it will make no sense whatsoever given the decisions being made.

Tbh I don't even think WWE have a fcking clue who they're going to eventually reveal as the GM, but I hope it's soon.

Right, a whole bunch of notes on RAW.

* The R-Truth promo at the start was good fun. The "Lil' Jimmy" stuff is bound to get pretty boring pretty fast, but he's got such great delivery in his promos these days that it won't really matter as the rest of his stuff is always gonna be good, even when he's being fed incredibly bad material which he has been.

* I don't like Michael McGillicutty or David Otunga. Infact, New Nexus can f**k off. All of them. Apart from CM Punk. The one good newcomer they had, Husky Harris, was apparently too fat for TV, yet he looks more badass than any of them. So now we have the worst tag team champs in a good while. The belts coming off The Big Show and Kane wasn't such a bad idea, and with The Big Show being weakened, Alberto Del Rio can fued with them both himself and look good in doing so.

* Michael Cole joining the commentary booth and doing nothing else is fine by me. He's been good at his job, but ultimately he and Lawler were taking up far too much time.

* Good babyface turn from Alex Riley. Will be interesting to see if he can kick on from there though. The turn itself gives him momentum so it's a good start and he has a readymade fued with a supposed main eventer.

* The Kharma stuff was weird, but I can take it. She's clearly some sort of nut, so her breaking down and crying in the middle of the ring for no apparent reason fits with that. It'll be interesting to see where they take it though.

* They gave away MUCH more with Kofi Kingston vs. Drew McIntyre than I thought they would. Drew McIntyre has come a long way from the boring as sin wrestler that was wrestling for the IC Title, I'll tell you that! This match gives hope of a decent push for him as well.

* Amazing tribute to Savage.

* I'm usually a fan of John Cena's selling before he goes all Super Cena on us, but last night was unforgivable. He sells the leg walking onto the stage and then RUNS to the ring and forgets to sell for the entire match. Not happening. Shit match too with a crap ending.

I'm loving R-Truth these days - he is so physco it makes him believable. Its a shame they wouldn't allow him to continue the smoking thing as well as it would have added to the gimmick. Is there anyone that gets as much heat as him at the moment? the people proper hate him :lol:

Also hope Riley does well as a face as I like him but I have a feeling after his feud with Miz is done he may just sink away to barely getting a match on tv (think Daniel Bryan) although Riley is o Smackdown I suppose so that may be good thing for him.

Bored of Kharma

Re what folk were saying about Chavo working with Sin Cara. Chavo has been used for ages by WWE to work with new folk, usually at house shows. Since they want Sin Cara on TV right away, they have to go with Chavo and Sin Cara on TV.

Cena's ring psychology has been utterly gash for years now. Yet it never used to be.

Absolute embarrassment of a PPV, the highlights being Miz qutting after literally just two seconds of the STF and that Sin Cara botch. I really enjoyed Raw though. Truth's promo at the start was hilarious, the Lawler/Cole feud is over, Riley can finally go his own way, there's potential for a McIntyre push and there was a lot of CM Punk. Cena can f**k off though.

Re what folk were saying about Chavo working with Sin Cara. Chavo has been used for ages by WWE to work with new folk, usually at house shows. Since they want Sin Cara on TV right away, they have to go with Chavo and Sin Cara on TV.

Aye, I have no complaints about using Chavo with Sin Cara. I think Chavo is shit personally, but he has done this before and knows what he's doing.

Another thing that bothers me with Sin Cara is the lighting for his matches. Some of his big offense goes to the floor and therefore you can hardly see it. Who's stupid idea was that?

Meant to say, there's an article in the new FSM that says that a fan at a WWE show had thier sign taken from them by staff on the direct order of WWE.

The sign said 'Zack ryder = ratings'

Pretty much a whole lot of crap about nothing. WWE take signs from people on a regular basis which probably say a whole number of things. It's just a sign.

Did FSM also report that Zack Ryder's self promotion is going to see him getting more exposure in the coming weeks? Or does that not fit their agenda?

Pretty much a whole lot of crap about nothing. WWE take signs from people on a regular basis which probably say a whole number of things. It's just a sign.

Did FSM also report that Zack Ryder's self promotion is going to see him getting more exposure in the coming weeks? Or does that not fit their agenda?

The opposite actually. They say that WWE doesn't like wrestlers getting over themselves and only want the ones who they push to get over. They think there's a good chance that he'll be among the next batch of wrestlers who get 'future endeavoured'.

The opposite actually. They say that WWE doesn't like wrestlers getting over themselves and only want the ones who they push to get over. They think there's a good chance that he'll be among the next batch of wrestlers who get 'future endeavoured'.

That was the general feeling at the time, but the only thing that has been actually reported is that Zack Ryder will recieve a push in the near future. Of course, that push could be "job 10 seconds on RAW" when you consider what he's done before.