The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

What I did see of the show seemed really good though, the Legends Battle Royal was pretty funny with everyone selling Piper's eye poke EXCEPT Chavo Classic who has to be eye poked 3 times before he'd sell it.

I thought that match was absolutely dire, apart from when it got down to Funk and Piper, and then it turned into a LOT of fun.

I might check CZW out, I was always put off their deathmatch stuff because it just seemed so inane that I didn't really want to spend 3 hours watching guys go out and have the same match every 20 minutes.

DJ Hyde has turned it into a very character driven, normal wrestling based promotion. Most of the matches will have normal rules. One match, two at the most, will have an ultraviolent swing to it. The talent is very good for the most part as well, and the deathmatches have actually become a highlight, believe it or not. They have also put a LOT of stake into their Jr. Title division with the likes of Adam Cole and AR Fox really doing a great job.

I thought that match was absolutely dire, apart from when it got down to Funk and Piper, and then it turned into a LOT of fun.

Oh I agree the match was dire but it was just pretty funny watching them just amble through the match. Especially Jimmy Hart, occasionally moving towards someone to do something and then giving up and going to sit on the turnbuckle.

DJ Hyde has turned it into a very character driven, normal wrestling based promotion. Most of the matches will have normal rules. One match, two at the most, will have an ultraviolent swing to it. The talent is very good for the most part as well, and the deathmatches have actually become a highlight, believe it or not. They have also put a LOT of stake into their Jr. Title division with the likes of Adam Cole and AR Fox really doing a great job.

Sounds pretty good. Is Adam Cole still doing stuff with ROH? I might not even be thinking of the right person but I have a vague recollection of hearing that he was one of the brightest talents to come out of the ROH school in a few years.

Adam Cole has actually come through the CZW school. He is a regular for ROH though and teams with Kyle O'Reilly. They're a really good team. They have actually wrestled Marty Scurll and Zack Sabre Jr. from the UK a few times. I've seen two of them and they are really good matches.

Adam Cole has actually come through the CZW school. He is a regular for ROH though and teams with Kyle O'Reilly. They're a really good team. They have actually wrestled Marty Scurll and Zack Sabre Jr. from the UK a few times. I've seen two of them and they are really good matches.

Must be someone else I'm thinking of then. :lol:

Right. Watched a couple of shows. CZW Tournament of Death X wasn't very good at all. It feels like a regression for them. However, Necro Butcher and Matt Tremont did have a bit of a belter in the opening round.

ROH Revolution: Canada was a superb show top to bottom, and the main event between Chris Hero and Eddie Edwards came very close to entering my top 10 matches of the year so far, but didn't quite get there. Cracker of a main event though.

The boy can cut a promo, I'll give him that. Nearly ended myself laughing at the end.

When the wee lassie walked through the door and he said "What the f**k you lookin' at" had me in stitches :lol:

Oh aye and the bit with the bike..."Oh look Nicks driving.":lol:

I thought Perry Saturn was dead. :unsure:

It was widely rumoured that he was for a while until the rumours about him beong shot surfaced.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

There was an interview with Perry Saturn in a wrestling mag a few months ago. Pretty sure he had a mean crystal meth addiction and became homeless. Pretty radical. He nearly lost everything; I'm talking total elimination. Luckily he was able to mop(py) his life up.

It LOOKS like ICW are gonna be posting their last show in it's entire form on YouTube soon. I can't stress enough how brilliant it was live, and if ever there was a show to watch to see if it'd be your thing, then this is it. Of course, I'd argue that you'll never get the right grip of what ICW is untill you see them live, but this'll be as close as you can get.

Anyone else see the clip of CM Punk getting beat down at one of the NZ house shows? I'd love the MitB match to end with the Great Muta style spit on Cena that Punk does to A-Ri(?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW4AOXhLUCA

Who's wearing a Gene Simmons mask?! Was taking finishers from Beth Phoenix and Kelly Kelly some sort of punishment then? Who's the guy who gives Punk a seated senton splash? Edited: is that Dolph Ziggler?!

Aye, it is A-Ri who gives the green mist too. Odd thing to suddenly happen though! Didn't stop the beatdown. Or them playing Cena's music too early (just before Bourne gave Punk the shooting star). Cena also seemed to me to get the least reaction out of all of them!

Edited by DA Baracus

Anyone else see the clip of CM Punk getting beat down at one of the NZ house shows? I'd love the MitB match to end with the Great Muta style spit on Cena that Punk does to A-Ri(?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW4AOXhLUCA

Got to love some of the comments:

CM Punk could EASILY Beat Every Single One of those Guys that Attacked him, in a One on One, NON-SCRIPTED Match. I hope the WWE is Proud! Is this gonna happen EVERYTIME a Wrestler wants to Leave their Pathetic Excuse for a Wrestling Company! Because I can Guarantee more and more WRESTLERS, are gonna Leave this Company Soon! People like CM Punk, Christian, and Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) have been Wasted Since the Minute they Stepped Foot in this Company. Hell, even Zack Ryder is being Wasted!

:lol:

Smarks can be real arseholes sometimes.

Who's wearing a Gene Simmons mask?! Was taking finishers from Beth Phoenix and Kelly Kelly some sort of punishment then? Who's the guy who gives Punk a seated senton splash?

I don't think it's punishment. I think it's a chance for the fans watching live to see CM Punk get one final comeuppance. I think it pretty much confirms he's for the off I reckon.

The best thing about all of this is that WWE filed a trademark for CM Punk on June 16th. So basically, he signed his name away and then fucked it up. Good work Punk. :lol:

Got to love some of the comments:

:lol:

Smarks can be real arseholes sometimes.

The comment is very poorly written! Also I'm pretty sure Punk would get his totties from most of them in a real fight. A big guy like Cena would probably pummell him to f**k! He'd beat Rey and probably Bourne, but the rest would most likely take him down to brown town.