The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

laugh.gif

edit, didn't see it's already been posted ph34r.gif

He's just posted tweets on it:

"I'm glad TMZ posted that video because everybody needs to be held accountable for their bullshit, me included. What I said was bullshit...

...I'm embarrassed. I own up to being a total douche in this situation and I offer a sincere apology to anybody I hurt with careless words. "

Edited by forehead7

The two Cena segments tonight were very good I thought.

They've taken the whole story in a nice new direction having Cena take Punks side. It was also pretty good having heel Vinnie Mac back.

Hopefully thought they still turn Punk monster heel after all this and don't f**k it up.

So it leaves open Vinces role at MITB....I'm guessing he'll cost someone the title...who? Well that's anyones guess. Who knows what direction they want to go with this.

I quite liked the segment between Vince and Cena but overall the show was pretty gash. Less wrestling than on a Impact broadcast from a month ago or so.

What was on it, the tag match, the diva match and the triple threat match? (that Swagger and Slaughter match doesn't count)

The two Cena segments tonight were very good I thought.

They've taken the whole story in a nice new direction having Cena take Punks side. It was also pretty good having heel Vinnie Mac back.

Hopefully thought they still turn Punk monster heel after all this and don't f**k it up.

So it leaves open Vinces role at MITB....I'm guessing he'll cost someone the title...who? Well that's anyones guess. Who knows what direction they want to go with this.

I agree, probably Punk though. I mean, it would make no sense for the Chairman of the company to cost his #1 guy the title and then both leave and he has no title left on the brand, irregardless of his face/heel-ness.

I agree, probably Punk though. I mean, it would make no sense for the Chairman of the company to cost his #1 guy the title and then both leave and he has no title left on the brand, irregardless of his face/heel-ness.

Isn't that the "obvious" way to go?

Cena gets screwed, therefore is fired. He fucks off until say Summerslam. Punk stays. Cena fucks with Vince/Punk until re-hired. Punk keeps the title until Cena gets back. They feud through until the RR were Punk wins to blow off the feud. Cean heads toward Rock at Mania and Punk heads to Mania to face RR winner, a face Miz. Never going to happen, but I can dream :P.

Cena gets screwed, therefore is fired. He fucks off until say Summerslam. Punk stays. Cena fucks with Vince/Punk until re-hired. Punk keeps the title until Cena gets back. They feud through until the RR were Punk wins to blow off the feud. Cean heads toward Rock at Mania and Punk heads to Mania to face RR winner, a face Miz. Never going to happen, but I can dream :P.

I guess. But I think the only way to make this feud worthwhile is to have Punk leave.

It'd be amazing if Punk won and went off to a couple of the other promotions with the title. WWE could strike a deal with someone, I'd like it to be ROH but that's unlikely as hell.

Have Punk defend it on another company's main show and say that he's sick and tired of there being no competitors worthy or something. Either Cena answers the call, or Cena does a run in and almost costs him it and then they book that for what would probably be Survivor Series.

It really depends if Punk has signed, and if he has then how much of a holiday has he bargained out of the deal.

The problem is, they've done it too late. They should've had him bow out at Over the Limit, done a run in at MITB to setup the match at Summerslam. I don't think Survivor Series is big enough for a multi PPV feud and I wouldn't do it at the Rumble.

Sounds familiar :P

Exactly what I'd like to see, although with the Punk - Cena feud picking up a little later than Summerslam and going all the way until Elimination chamber with Rocky costing Cena the title for the build to their 'Mania main event, Cena - Rock, WWE title, World Heavyweight title and possibly 'Taker streak match, 'Mania books itself.

As you say though, never going to happen - wouldn't be surprised to see Superman winning clean at MITB and that being the end of it - but it'd be absolute class if it did.

Sounds familiar :P

Exactly what I'd like to see, although with the Punk - Cena feud picking up a little later than Summerslam and going all the way until Elimination chamber with Rocky costing Cena the title for the build to their 'Mania main event, Cena - Rock, WWE title, World Heavyweight title and possibly 'Taker streak match, 'Mania books itself.

As you say though, never going to happen - wouldn't be surprised to see Superman winning clean at MITB and that being the end of it - but it'd be absolute class if it did.

Why would the Rock cost Cena the title when he would be facing him a month later, with a chance at the belt?

Hmmm. I can see:

ADR losing his MITB match.

Punk beating Cena.

ADR claiming he didn't need to win MITB as he won a #1 contenders match on last night's RAW.

Cena attacks Punk and allows ADR to beat Punk.

Cena attacks ADR.

ADR leaves the PPV as champion.

Edited by garymcc1874

Why would the Rock cost Cena the title when he would be facing him a month later, with a chance at the belt?

Rock isn't going to be there on a full-time schedule, so there'd be almost no point in having it for the title, as there's only really going to be one winner.

From a storyline point of view, you could either have it as an inadvertant DQ with Rock attacking Punk either as retribution for the 'ass kissing' comments or to try and help Cena win the belt and getting caught, or merely as a way to increase the levels of dislike between Rock and Cena prior to 'Mania as the whole feud is built around personal feelings.

From a marketing point of view it'd make far more sense to have two world title matches and Rock - Cena for 3 bona-fide main events (plus hopefully 'Taker) than just to have two ( or 3 depending on 'Taker) I'd have thought.