The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

CM Punk stars i many plays does he?

No. However breaking the fourth wall does not necessarily mean acknowledging the camera.

Punk's breaking of the fourth wall has nothing to do with him acknowledging the camera.

No. However breaking the fourth wall does not necessarily mean acknowledging the camera.

Punk's breaking of the fourth wall has nothing to do with him acknowledging the camera.

Nothing?

Anyway.....At the Melbourne show, Zack Ryder defended his WWE Internet Title, the same replica WWE belt that he has on his YouTube show. Ryder defeated Primo.

:lol:

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Nothing?

Anyway.....At the Melbourne show, Zack Ryder defended his WWE Internet Title, the same replica WWE belt that he has on his YouTube show. Ryder defeated Primo.

:lol:

I'm not sure it's nothing but they look at the camera all the time during promos, even more so when they're back stage.

Breaking the fourth wall is acknowledging that it's not real and that it's a tv show.

That's fudging excellent! I'd really love to see him defend it on Raw. The WWE haven't done a fake title storyline in decades.

Today I'm watching New Japan Best of The Super Jnrs XVIII, seemingly the Semis and Final are out of this world.

Thought I'd best put this in a spoiler in case it was a ruiner down the line, but supposedly WWE have now fully trademarked the name CM Punk as of the 22nd June for both wrestling and merchandise, which would make me assume that he's signed a new deal with them and will most likely only be gone for a few months if he does go at all.

Drew McIntyre's apparently in the Cathouse, celebrity!

Probably the Classic Grand where the ICW afterparty was. I know he was actually watching the show last night. Anyways. The venue looked absolutely fantastic. It was an all standing venue too so the atmosphere was helped even more by that and the place was CRAMMED. Impressive. About 300 people in there, and looking at the venue from the front, it looked unreal with tiers of people.

Christopher df. Sean South with hairspray to the eyes.

Sean South is a fantastic contrast to the Justin Bieber popstar gimmick of Christopher, who continues to shine under this gimmick. The match wasn't really up to much if I'm being honest, so I'll need to see how it comes across on YouTube.

Rob Cage df. Johnny Starr and Scott Maverick in an elimination match.

Scott Maverick was pretty invisible here. When it got down to two men, I forgot he was even in the match. I did like the exchange between Cage and Starr at the end and makes me wanna see a singles match between the two down the line.

Noam Dar df. Falcon to retain the Zero G Championship.

Noam Dar continues to look like an absolute beast as the king of the Zero G. Falcon is one of the most underappreciated guys in Scotland, but he got his arse handed to him in a big way here, and at times Noam kicked the shit out of him like he's owed money. A great showing for the champ.

The Bucky Boys df. STI.

This was very close to being the showstealer as both teams went out and put on a crazy war both in and out of the ring. Highlight was Divers' dive off of the upstairs bar.

Vinnie James df. Joe Coffey.

The rivalry continues between these two guys as loads of interference happens. Jackie Polo was a highlight at ringside. Man is intense. The match itself wasn't quite what I expected, but still great fun.

Andy Wild df. Liam Thomson to make the best of five series 2-1 to Liam.

These two guys just click so well with each other and some of the counters and counter counters have been a joy to watch. They're now using each other's moves as well. Goooooood. Nifty match.

Kay Lee Ray and Carmel goes to a no contest.

This one is basically Carmel beating the shit out of Kay Lee Ray after smashing her with a full can of strongbow.

Post-match, Carmel challenges Kay Lee Ray to... AN ICW FUCKING DEATHMATCH!!!

The Gold Label df. Team ICW to take full control of the promotion.

This wasn't just a wrestling match. It was an experience. The place was nuked to the skies and the insanity went through the roof. People flying all over the place, ladders, barbed wire and fire!

OVERALL

Aye. So this was amazing.

Probably the Classic Grand where the ICW afterparty was. I know he was actually watching the show last night. Anyways. The venue looked absolutely fantastic. It was an all standing venue too so the atmosphere was helped even more by that and the place was CRAMMED. Impressive. About 300 people in there, and looking at the venue from the front, it looked unreal with tiers of people.

The Cathouse's facebook said he was "in da house"

They can't have any house shows if he's got Saturday and Sunday off so he can come back to Scotland.

The Cathouse's facebook said he was "in da house"

They can't have any house shows if he's got Saturday and Sunday off so he can come back to Scotland.

They're on a 2 week tour of Australia, New Zealand & South Africa. the fact they didn't take him can't be a good sign.......

If Punk has sold them his name, It's fair to assume he's on a seven figure downside for the next few years, plus a payment upfront, i'm happy that we get more Punker on TV, however it means he'll likely never work indies again.:(

If Punk has sold them his name, It's fair to assume he's on a seven figure downside for the next few years, plus a payment upfront, i'm happy that we get more Punker on TV, however it means he'll likely never work indies again.:(

Yeah, pretty bittersweet from that perspective, although I'm pretty sure Tommy Dreamer sold WWE the rights to his name and he's been using it ever since he left, so there's still a possibility. The more CM Punk in WWE the better WWE will be though, so if he has signed a new multi-year deal I'll be absolutely delighted.

Any chance of Puk returning to the indies disapeared long ago as far as I'm concerned...cracking news if he's resigned. He will be on a fair whack and for a long time to have agreed, so everyone concerned will be happy. Punk deservs to be working for the biggest promotion in the world anyway.