The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I'm still at a loss.

I could've believed the shots at Hogan, The Rock, HHH and Steph and maybe the mentions of Lesnar and Heyman but not the ROH, New Japan and Colt Cabana ones.

The cut off and suspension could still be part of an angle. I'm just not sure that they'd allow the three big ones.

Haven't seen Punks promo yet (it's supposed to be amazing) but I think it's very probably a work in the same way the Undertaker did a shoot-work promo during the heel part of his American-Badass days. Really hope Punk sticks around, he's by far and away the best thing in wrestling at the moment and deserves to be on the biggest stage.

Excellent promo from Punk, however it shows just how close to the bone you've got to get, to get a reaction like that in 2011. The spoilers for next week show that they're doing it right, it's just a pity that this is a lead in to a shitty PPV, and not something important like Mania. 1 more live Raw, and they'll need to do something creative to keep it on the up.

Would love to know why WWE won't give in a just let Punk keep his name, he's clearly the top promo guy and worker they have, and have had for a fair few years now, just like he said.

I think that confirms that CM Punk is staying where he is, and is gonna be the same straight edge badass that he was in ROH in 2003. People have been wondering where the next megastar was. They just made him.

Interesting news from last nights Impact tapings is that Low Ki, Homicide, Jack Evans, Matt Bentley & Jimmy Yang were all at the show and are all going to be at Destination X.

Learn how you to use fucking spoiler tags.

Any reason why Raw's not live next week? I'm gonna be doing my best to avoid spoilers

PUT ANYTHING IN SPOILER TAGS!

Is Punk definately leaving then? I'll chuck watching i think if he is. He's the only entertaining thing left on it.

Unknown. Meltzer thinks the main stalling point is Punks name. WWE wants it, and Punk doesn't want to give it away. I'm confident Punk will re-sign and come in at the Rumble after a short hiatus.

Just watched it again, still amazing.

The shots at John Laurinitas and Stephanie are sticking out to me now, basically non-characters now(for Steph anyway).

I did like seeing it there, Sky Sports missed the bleep on douchebag and got "yes men" and I was wondering what got bleeped, lol at Sky.

Unknown. Meltzer thinks the main stalling point is Punks name. WWE wants it, and Punk doesn't want to give it away. I'm confident Punk will re-sign and come in at the Rumble after a short hiatus.

I'm also guessing this'll lead to the disbanding of Nexus and is why Mason Ryan has been made to look like a bit of a monster recently for a singles push perhaps.

Wonder if Punks promo (if it was indeed a work) has been planned for a while or whether creative were influenced at all by Kevin Steen's promo from BITW the other night?