The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Jerry Lynn is returning to TNA at Destination X and will face off against Rob Van Dam, he is appearing on a pre-taped segment of this weeks Impact to set up the match.

It was alluded to but not confirmed wink.gif

Other details that were mentioned on the broadcast were:

Six sided ring will be coming back.

AJ was talking and Joe came out and just as he was about to challenge him Daniels came out and challenged AJ who accepted.

Backstage Kazarian was asking Daniels what he was doing, Daniels claimed everything was alright and Kazarian was left standing wondering. Joe then appeared and made some joke to which Kazarian threatened to slap him silly. Joe then beat Kazarian up.

All that seems to me that either it'll be AJ, Daniels and Joe in a match or Aj/Daniels and Kazarian/Joe in two matches.

RVD was talking about the Bound For Glory series being his and that the Destination X was his cause RVD was the X Division before it even existed. Lynn then appeared from what looked like the toilets and said that RVD meant that they both were the X Division before it existed before walking away.

Ok I finally just caught up with all of the episode of Tough Enough and thought it was cracking. I thought Big Andy thoroughly deserved it. His promo skills may not have been amazing, but they weren't that bad either. He has the size, look and intensity to at least kick about in WWE for a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luke and Martin got developmental dealsor tryouts either. Martin was very unlucky with the injury.

You have to wonder how some of them even got on the show. Eric, Skidmarks and all of the women were absolutely rotten. It's a shame they gave so many places to women, lets be honest, a woman will never win it and it takes away places from guys who could be genuine contenders.

Anyone know if there are plans for another season?

Ok I finally just caught up with all of the episode of Tough Enough and thought it was cracking. I thought Big Andy thoroughly deserved it. His promo skills may not have been amazing, but they weren't that bad either. He has the size, look and intensity to at least kick about in WWE for a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luke and Martin got developmental dealsor tryouts either. Martin was very unlucky with the injury.

You have to wonder how some of them even got on the show. Eric, Skidmarks and all of the women were absolutely rotten. It's a shame they gave so many places to women, lets be honest, a woman will never win it and it takes away places from guys who could be genuine contenders.

Anyone know if there are plans for another season?

I was reading yesterday that after Andy had been selected as winner and got slapped by Vince and Stunnered by Austin he then went backstage and was given a bollocking in front of everyone by John Laurinitis for disrespecting more senior workers because in his mind Andy hadn't stayed down long enough after taking the hits...all I can say is good luck Andy, I think you will need it.

I was reading yesterday that after Andy had been selected as winner and got slapped by Vince and Stunnered by Austin he then went backstage and was given a bollocking in front of everyone by John Laurinitis for disrespecting more senior workers because in his mind Andy hadn't stayed down long enough after taking the hits...all I can say is good luck Andy, I think you will need it.

Seen that on the WO site too.

Personally, him even moving after a slap from Vince was stupid, the stunner was whatever too. RE a next season, from what I've heard USA have already sent out some letter requesting applications again from some indy workers, so I wouldn't act shocked if there are plans already in the works, afterall it was a huge success ratings wise.

Onto WRESTLING, ROH held a press conference, revealing a new logo, hyping their iPPV tomorrow entitled "Best in The World" and to be officially welcomed under the Sinclair Broadcasting Group, decent effort for their first conference under these circumstances.

There was also a 5* music video put out from a fan hyping the iPPV, here it is. If you're a wrestling fan give it a watch, and I promise you'll love it. To think that the creator of it is a teenager!

Seen that on the WO site too.

Personally, him even moving after a slap from Vince was stupid, the stunner was whatever too. RE a next season, from what I've heard USA have already sent out some letter requesting applications again from some indy workers, so I wouldn't act shocked if there are plans already in the works, afterall it was a huge success ratings wise.

Having him fall on his arse for so long from a slap in the face from a 65 year old man made him look like a massive twat. Staying down longer would have made him look shite.

Although I agree, he ompletely no-sold the stunner to a degree. With in 30 seconds he was back up and fine.

Really looking forward to another season, it's the best thing WWE have shown on TV in a long time.

Really looking forward to another season, it's the best thing WWE have shown on TV in a long time.

I'd agree, only if there was a condition that there are no WWE Developmental contracted wrestlers. It was clear to see Levine was the weak link, yet he won as he was already under a deal.

Did you give that ROH MV a skiffy dude?

I'd agree, only if there was a condition that there are no WWE Developmental contracted wrestlers. It was clear to see Levine was the weak link, yet he won as he was already under a deal.

Did you give that ROH MV a skiffy dude?

I just finished watching the Press Conference and it was a pretty good effort. It is a throw back to old school NWA.

I fucking love Davey Richards!!!!!

Also, on of the Briscoes is looking quite black these days :ph34r:......and Shelton Benjamin is a fat b*****d.

I just finished watching the Press Conference and it was a pretty good effort. It is a throw back to old school NWA.

I fucking love Davey Richards!!!!!

Also, on of the Briscoes is looking quite black these days :ph34r:......and Shelton Benjamin is a fat b*****d.

Jay's definitely sat under a sunbed, your right, it's actually funny, he looks "normal" now due to it. I'd guess Corny had a word in his ear and told him that a tan makes you look bigger. Shelton looks bigger on the face, your right, although i'd be surprised if he wasn't in shape.

Can't wait for it now!

Jay's definitely sat under a sunbed, your right, it's actually funny, he looks "normal" now due to it. I'd guess Corny had a word in his ear and told him that a tan makes you look bigger. Shelton looks bigger on the face, your right, although i'd be surprised if he wasn't in shape.

Can't wait for it now!

I'm not just talking about tanned I'm talking actually turning black :lol:.

As for Shelton, his face is definetly fat as f**k.

The World title and tag title matches should be crackers!!!!

Chavo Guerrero has been released by the WWE, so long Kerwin White sad.gif

Not surprising really. He was landed with the entire blame of his and Sin Caras matches being shite. He hasnt done anything for 3 years now. Although, he is a good guy to have around as he will basically do anything asked of him.

Chavo would have been released many years ago if it wasn't for his surname. The only time I was interested in him during the last 5 years was when he feuded with Punk in ECW. The only other thing I can remember is him jobbing to Hornswoggle on a regular basis.

I'm sure TNA will snap him up when his no-compete claude is up.

While I'm not a fan of Chavo, I'm going to agree with Shuggie and say that he was useful for WWE to have around. I'm glad I don't have to watch them again though.

ROH will be back on TV in September.

Usually when the first one goes, a whole bunch are sure to follow, so anyone care to guess who else will be future endeavoured?

I'll go for:

Yoshi Tatsu

Brodus Clay

Curt Hawkins

JTG

Primo

Chris Maters

if theres more to go I reckon JTG, Curt Hawkins David Hart Smith and Primo will go

if theres more to go I reckon JTG, Curt Hawkins David Hart Smith and Primo will go

I think they are trying to tie Bret Hart up to do a few new projects, one being a DVD of the MSJ with Hart and HBK, so maybe DH Smith will keep his job in order to get Bret to agree.

EDIT:

The contents list for Ortons upcoming DVD:

Disc 1

I Am Randy Orton

The Road to WrestleMania Begins

Preparing for the Chamber

Embarking on a Path of Destiny

Training Days

The Elimination Chamber

Facing the Media

The Next Diamond

Signs of Trouble

Dealing with Injuries

The Legend Killer

The Man of Destiny

Punked Out

Coming Home

A Hard Lesson to Learn

Evening the Odds

The Mecca

The Price and Reward of WrestleMania

Making a Difference

Dark Days

Madison Square Melee

Randy’s Redemption

Axxess to the Apex Predator

Legacy

The Day Has Arrived…

I Won’t Be Your Hero

The Evolution of Randy Orton

Disc 2

Randy Orton vs. Slick Robbie D

OVW Christmas Chaos – Jan. 31, 2001

Randy Orton vs. Hardcore Holly

SmackDown – Apr. 25, 2002

Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels

Unforgiven – Sept. 21, 2003

Intercontinental Championship Match

Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam

Armageddon – Dec. 14, 2003

Handicap Tag Team Match

Randy Orton, Ric Flair & Batista vs. The Rock & Mick Foley

WrestleMania XX – Mar. 14, 2004

No Holds Barred Falls Count Anywhere Match for the Intercontinental Championship

Randy Orton vs. Mick Foley

Backlash – Apr. 18, 2004

Intercontinental Championship Match

Randy Orton vs. Edge

Vengeance – Jul. 11, 2004

Handicap Casket Match

Randy Orton & “Cowboy” Bob Orton vs. Undertaker

No Mercy – Oct. 9, 2005

Disc 3

Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle

Vengeance – Jun. 25, 2006

Legend Killer vs. Legend

Randy Orton vs. Hulk Hogan

SummerSlam – Aug. 20, 2006

Texas Bull Rope Match

Randy Orton vs. Dusty Rhodes

The Great American Bash – Jul. 22, 2007

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship

Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

WrestleMania XXIV – Mar. 30, 2008

“I Quit” Match for the WWE Championship

Randy Orton vs. John Cena

Breaking Point – Sept. 13, 2009

Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

Hell in a Cell – Oct. 3, 2010

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

WrestleMania XXVII – Apr. 3, 2011

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Randy Orton vs. Christian

SmackDown – May 6, 2011

I have to say match wise it looks pretty good. All of disc 2 and disc 3 down to the triple threat at Mania XXIV look like it'll be worth a watch. Orton used to be so good looking back. I loved his matches with Foley and character wise he was superb when he feuded with Taker and Cowboy Bob was with him.

2ND EDIT:

Guerrero comments:

Guerrero wrote, "Yes, it's true. My release is the big news I was talking about. But let's get something straight. I asked for my release. I was just tired of not being used correctly. Just cuz u can make other ppl look good, doesn't mean they should just have u lose to them. The same thing happened to Eddie. After being champ, they still had him working mid card status. Being a Guerrero, we've been taught since diapers to get the most out of ppl & matches. It's our gift, but also our curse. WWE has always used us to make other ppl look good.

"It all comes down to being happy. I was not happy in WWE anymore. I had a smile on my face last night though when I got my release though! :) now it's time for me to start being a Guerrero again, and start kicking ass again, be able to tell stories in the ring like u know we can. :) Win or lose I will never go back to the place WWE put me in. I will never go back to being under utilized and watching ppl who suck get bigger "pushes" than me!

Thank u to all of u who stuck by me and kept reminding me, I was better than that! :) stay tuned. Big things coming!! Now I will really be able to entertain u! :) like me or hate me, 1 thing I have always tried to do is entertain u and give u fans your $ worth. Even if my hands were tied most of the time. I love u all and can't wait for the future!! So happy. :)"

He continued, "Hey, u guys have me trending World wide!! Thanks. I should of quit a long time ago! I know it may sound like it, but I've got no hard feelings toward the WWE. I've just been unhappy there for a long time & if you have watched the show, u will no why. I made a lot of money, but I'm better than just cashing a paycheck. I wish no hard feelings toward the WWE and want to see them and all my friends there succeed! I love wrestling & want nothing but wrestling to get better & bigger. U fans deserve nothing but a great show and great stories& athleticism for staying so true to wrestling. It's in my blood & always will be. :)

"People asking what I'm gonna do now..I'm gonna stay home and be a Dad. :) going to watch my son's football practice now. :) Happy!"

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Usually when the first one goes, a whole bunch are sure to follow, so anyone care to guess who else will be future endeavoured?

I'll go for:

Yoshi Tatsu

Brodus Clay

Curt Hawkins

JTG

Primo

Chris Maters

According to his Twitter, Chavo requested his release, so maybe there isn't going to be an immediate clearout. Although I do agree that all those you mention could be released soon. I would add Primo, Kozlov, Gail Kim, Melina, The Usos, Trent Barreta and Zach Ryder to the punted list

According to his Twitter, Chavo requested his release, so maybe there isn't going to be an immediate clearout. Although I do agree that all those you mention could be released soon. I would add Primo, Kozlov, Gail Kim, Melina, The Usos, Trent Barreta and Zach Ryder to the punted list

0% chance of Melina unless she requests it. Getting rid of her would upset JoMo and their voyeuristic ways. Zach is expected, god help anyone wanting to get over themselves.