The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Another great PPV - Royal Rumble 98

New Age Outlaws vs the Road Warriors

Shamrock vs The Rock - belter of a match

Vader vs Goldust

Austin winning a great Royal Rumble match, probably my favourite RR ever.

Undertaker and Shawn Michaels having an awesome casket match. think hbk broke is back during this match or something like that

Kane had just debuted by this point as well.

And the Rock also wrestled for over an hour during that PPV

Is that the one where Austin had a bounty on his head and they all stopped and waited for him to come in?

Is that the one where he went over the ropes and vaulted the casket? (seen the clip) think the instance I'm thinking of, he slipped two discs or something.

I he got back dropped over the top ropes and hits his back of the casket, a great match and a great spot where michaels gets tombstoned from the ring apron into the casket.

Is that the one where Austin had a bounty on his head and they all stopped and waited for him to come in?

Aye, a quite surreal moment. Comes through the crowd and immediately eliminates Marc Mero who is dancing around at the back of the ring. Crowd pop is too bad either when the glass breaks.

Aye, a quite surreal moment. Comes through the crowd and immediately eliminates Marc Mero who is dancing around at the back of the ring. Crowd pop is too bad either when the glass breaks.

Aye I thought so, when Mero was doing his boxer gimmick?

Just a wee post. I am aggressive with my points on here. I don't mean to insult or put down, but I take wrestling a wee bit too seriously so when I argue my corner, I come across as a c**t. Okay, so I AM a c**t. I'm a regular on the UKFF. I've got almost 9,000 posts on there. Yet I'd rather post my opinions here. You lot are awesome. We have a good depth of fan here, from the casual to the smark. It's also good to see a healthy WWE fanship for a change. Most smark places are like "f**k WWE" but it seems everyone here watches it. We all rock.

Just a wee post. I am aggressive with my points on here. I don't mean to insult or put down, but I take wrestling a wee bit too seriously so when I argue my corner, I come across as a c**t. Okay, so I AM a c**t. I'm a regular on the UKFF. I've got almost 9,000 posts on there. Yet I'd rather post my opinions here. You lot are awesome. We have a good depth of fan here, from the casual to the smark. It's also good to see a healthy WWE fanship for a change. Most smark places are like "f**k WWE" but it seems everyone here watches it. We all rock.

While I'm not a member of the UKFF, I'm a contributer to various wrestling threads/forums across a few sites. This one most definitely has the best mix which makes it all the better.

Just picking up on the Marc Mero mention earlier.. is it just me who preferred his Johnny B. Badd persona? :ph34r:

While I'm not a member of the UKFF, I'm a contributer to various wrestling threads/forums across a few sites. This one most definitely has the best mix which makes it all the better.

Just picking up on the Marc Mero mention earlier.. is it just me who preferred his Johnny B. Badd persona? :ph34r:

Yes. Casual racism isn't my thing!

But seriously, he was shit. I like the story in Foley's first book about how management at one point saw Mero as bigger than both Foley and Stone Cold!

Reading this month's Powerslam again this morning, because I had nothing else to read, I was reading the old PPV reviews section and still can't get over that Mabel won KOTR and was in line to be champion at one point!

I have front row tickets to RAW in Liverpool in November - sitting right behind the commentators so pretty much guaranteed to be on the telly as this RAW will be broadcast live round the world 8)

Any ideas for a sign?

If Cena wins, we diet

Nah, he didn't have Sable in his corner at that point. She had fantastic tits, the only reason to watch his matches to be honest.

The discussion on here is pretty good.

I have front row tickets to RAW in Liverpool in November - sitting right behind the commentators so pretty much guaranteed to be on the telly as this RAW will be broadcast live round the world 8)

Any ideas for a sign?

Chigsy 4 Mod

Any ideas for a sign?

Bit of a P&B cliché, but if there's some kind of HHH/Vince power struggle going at that point, or there's still something happening with the anonymous Raw GM, 'Wha's in cherge here?' is appropriate.

That Jimmy Bullard's a vicious b*****d.

This makes you sound like a c**t :P

In all seriosuness though, I used to post on a few wrestling forums,but they were overly smarky. I mean, I thought I was bad for it, but f**k me, it's at another level elsewhere.

I can not stand the posters on UKFF. So up their own arses it's unbelievable.

These days I just don't have the time to visit various forums, so I just stick to P&B. I can get my fix of football and wrestling in the one place. Plus the posters here seem normal, well relatively speaking ;). I mean you can get a right good WWE/TNA discussion, some Scottish stuff and little bit of ROH/PWG etc etc. As you say, I can't stand the likes who reckon WWE is evil and is th worst wrestling company on the world. They feel the need to show how much they love wresting by watching the most obscure, shite promotions going, and it pains them to admit that WWE is still the best promotion going, even when it's shite it's the best.

So we have the right mix of posters here. Casual fans, super smarks and something in between (I like to count myself as being somewhere between casualand smark).

P&B FTW!!!

Yes. Casual racism isn't my thing!

Neither is it my thing, for the record. ;)

Been watching a lot of PPVs from 1997 and 1998 over the last few days and it's clear there was some effort to push him but it just wasn't happening.

Edited by The Naitch