The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Just watched the opening promo(missed most of it live), Lawler can take a run and f**k himself. Absolutely no need for his arseholiness. I mean, it is a bit stupid to have Punk limp out and then him wrestle no bother about 2 hours later, but ffs Lawler, try and build a superstar up a bit! You'd think the people in charge would tell him to shut it, especially since WWE is desperately in need of new top tier talent(not that Lawler's gonna be able to stop Punk being one of the top guys) but it makes no sense to have him try and put him down. It just makes Lawler look like a bigger c**t who's just a bitter old man.

Ryder

I'm a Broski so wouldn't mind this.

The WWE has two options in CM Punk or Orton, Punk is the more likely out of the two to draw £££ though.

That'll be the same CM Punk who has been on top for the last few months and hasn't managed to push the rating above a 2.9? I really like Punk but he appeals to a different demographic entirely to Cena. I also think Punk hasn't risen to the occasion of being right at the top of the card as well as he should have done. Cena has been on top for years and is still producing consistently good matches, drawing a fortune through merch sales and attracting a massive crowd. Most kids who go to the show and drag their parents along go to see Cena as their main reason, not to see the wrestling.

Orton is on the B-Show for a reason, he isn't anywhere near as big a star as Cena. He is over though and has been very good since he moved to SD.

What about the Celtic warrior?

Nowhere near ready, nowhere near over enough, and wouldn't draw anywhere near enough money. I do really like him a lot.

I can understand people saying they'd like Cena to turn heel, but to say the WWE should turn him heel is wrong. If I was booking just for my own enjoyment levels Dolph Ziggler would have the strap and would be feuding with Austin Aries. It wouldn't draw though.

The fans just couldn't give a sh*t about the Sin Cara vs Sin Cara feud. Got barely any reaction at all

Agreed, whats with the lighting for all Sin Cara matches as well?

If a Cena heel turn were to happen I would want it to happen at Survivor Series where he turns on The Rock, hitting him with a chair or belt to cost them the match.

Not a chance, Cena will only turn at a Wrestlemania and at the same time the WWE will have to have enough top superstars who are able to draw as much as he currently does.

Orton is on the B-Show for a reason, he isn't anywhere near as big a star as Cena. He is over though and has been very good since he moved to SD.

He's actually there because Smackdown badly misses star power. He's one of the two current poster boys for WWE.

That'll be the same CM Punk who has been on top for the last few months and hasn't managed to push the rating above a 2.9?

I don't think keeping Cena face has anything to do with the ratings - as I'd be pretty sure the ratings would get a sizeable bump with a Cena heel trun to see where it went - but rather because of his merchandise sales? Could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure Punk's t-shirts, etc have sold out in just about every arena they've been to in the last couple of monthsand I'd imagine the sales would only increase if he was the main man so to speak.

Watch ICW Episode 2 here.

ICW Monday Night BRAW Season 2 Episode 2

A couple of matches on this show and, rather surprisingly, the main event of the last event is the first match on there. Rather odd admittedly, but I'm just happy to see it again.

Chris Renfrew vs. BT Gunn ( *** )

TJ Rage vs. Kay Lee Ray ( **1/2 )

Chris Renfrew vs. BT Gunn

The original storyline was that this was a loser leaves town match. You'll see how that worked out for them. Billy Kirkwood gives Renfrew a slagging before the match gets underway. This leads to him getting, literally, a cane in the back. Kirkwood sells it better than The Rock would. We're going to get some good and proper madness from this match I think. Right hands from both men and then a NASTY chop from Renfrew. HUGE second chop and both men exchange right hands again. Enziguri from Booty and Renfrew stops the high kick. Senton from Gunn and Renfrew heads for the floor. GUNN RUNS INTO A KENDO SHOT !!! KENDO STICK TO THE HEAD OF RENFREW !!! KENDO STICK TO THE HEAD OF GUNN !!! Low blow from Gunn. KENDO STICK TO THE HEAD FROM GUNN !!! THE ROLLING GERMANS FROM RENFREW !!! Gunn stops that. SPINEBUSTER FROM RENFREW !!! This match is slightly mad at the moment. Superkick is caught. We have the oddest camera work ever before heading back to the ring and Gunn has Renfrew on the floor and boots him in the chest. POWERBOMB ON THE FLOOR FROM RENFREW !!! Gunn crotches Renfrew on the railing. SUICIDE DIVE FROM GUNN WIPES OUT THE BIG MAN !!! HOLY SHIT !!! Both men back into the ring now. Right hands. STUNNER FROM RENFREW !!! SITDOWN SPINEBUSTER FROM GUNN !!! Climbing kick in the corner from Gunn and then he sets the big man on the top rope. RENFREW SPEARS GUNN OFF OF THE BACK OF THE REFEREE !!! JAY DRILLER FROM RENFREW !!! BRUTAL SUPERKICK FROM GUNN !!! BOTH MEN DOWN !!! Both men exchange right hands and then battle up. The Gold Label hit the ring and this one is a no contest.

Give these guys credit. They went out there and put on a fucking stormer, even though it wasn't even a proper match as it was all just filler for the big angle at the end. The effort here was exceptional. ***

We have Red Lightning in the ring and he asks if we want to see ladies. As you'd expect, the reaction is mixed. Anyways, Red Lightning brings out Kay Lee Ray. He brings out Carmel as a referee, and then brings out TJ Rage to face Kay Lee Ray.

TJ Rage vs. Kay Lee Ray

Kay sneaks in a Dropkick to the back and Rage charges and Kay heads for the floor. Kay back into the ring when Rage heads for the floor and she's giving the big man a bit of a runaround. Dropkick to Rage on the floor and he's not amused by this one bit. Back into the ring and Bodders sweeps Kay. Rage misses a charge and eats a kick. Leaping Rana from Kay and the fans are right into this. Rolling Samoan Drop from Rage puts an end to the domination from Kay and then he chokes her over the middle rope. Boddington adds some choking to that. Rage then just throws Kay like a bad habit. Low blow from Kay and then she lands an Enziguri and that gets nothing. Carmel opts to pull Kay up by the hair instead. Belly 2 Belly Suplex from Rage and Kay winds up on the floor. Kay then brings a chair into the match in an attempt to make a difference. Kay tries a DDT on the chair and that doesn't work out. Rage now has the chair and he sets it, but he charges right into it. Kay sets into Rage with the chair and then Boddington gets involved in the match. Double Underhook and Rage just drops Kay and then chokes her with the boot. DDT ON THE CASE FROM KAY TO COUNTER THE POWERBOMB !!! Carmel won't make the count though. Kay lays out Carmel and then Coffey and Polo turn up and this one turns into shenanigans. Coffey and Polo beat the shit out of Rage. The Gold Label now turn up and tell people to calm down and then fire everyone in the ring and around the ring.

I don't like that TJ Rage had so much difficulty here. Not that I'm against ladies being competitive, but TJ Rage is a big man. This WAS a good match though. **1/2

I wasn't sure it was possible but TNA's reached new heights of ridiculousness.

This is the main event and outcome of the Impact that just aired in the States:

It's James Storm vs Kurt Angle. Gunner runs down at one point, Storm knocks him out. Angle Angle Slams Storm, who kicks out and then tried to Superkick Angle but catches Brian Hebner(the ref). He then Superkicks Angle and tries to pin him. Ten count or so passes(by the crowd) and Earl Hebner runs down and gets a two count before Gunner pulls him(Hebner) out the ring. Gunner then hits Storm with the title belt. Bobby Roode runs down and takes care of Gunner. Angle starts to get up and Roode notices the belt, there's a moment of good vs evil(he could take the low road and hit Angle with the belt). He then picks the belt up and holds it up high before placing it down infront of Angle. It was more dramatic than I'm describing it.

The main point is that TNA have now gone past the point of constantly ref bumping, they've now decided that they don't even need actual outcomes to their matches. Lets just bump two of the ref then go off the air. Jesus christ.

On the other hand, Bound For Glory could be alright. None of these matches were announced on the most recent episode so it's not actually a spoiler.

Angle and Roode should be quality

Anderson and Bully Ray could be decent

RVD and Jerry Lynn should be good

Sting and Hogan will be shite

Austin Aries will probably face Kendrick, Kash or Sorensen. Potential for a good match

AJ and Daniels will probably happen which should be great.

Some sort of tag match(this is revealed on the episode but I won't bother mentioning since I can't be arsed with the tags)

Hopefully a jobbers battle royal which is always fun.

I'm looking forward to it.

edit: and for f**k's sake, please keep the ref bumps to a minimum. Clean wins god dammit!

Edited by forehead7

Those matches SHOULD be quality but we know how TNA love to bollox up decent matches by slowing them right down just as they come alive.

I still can't believe they've put AJ in another match with Daniels in a pointless "storyline". Daniels is kept together with macaroni pieces and glue nowadays and AJ should be getting the push to the top where he deserves to be.

If the Tag belt match is Mexican America v The British Invasion it might actually be pretty good.

As for the ref bumps, there should be a weekly sweepstake as to what matches WON'T have one! :D

Watch ICW Episode 2 here.

ICW Monday Night BRAW Season 2 Episode 2

A couple of matches on this show and, rather surprisingly, the main event of the last event is the first match on there. Rather odd admittedly, but I'm just happy to see it again.

Chris Renfrew vs. BT Gunn ( *** )

TJ Rage vs. Kay Lee Ray ( **1/2 )

Chris Renfrew vs. BT Gunn

The original storyline was that this was a loser leaves town match. You'll see how that worked out for them. Billy Kirkwood gives Renfrew a slagging before the match gets underway. This leads to him getting, literally, a cane in the back. Kirkwood sells it better than The Rock would. We're going to get some good and proper madness from this match I think. Right hands from both men and then a NASTY chop from Renfrew. HUGE second chop and both men exchange right hands again. Enziguri from Booty and Renfrew stops the high kick. Senton from Gunn and Renfrew heads for the floor. GUNN RUNS INTO A KENDO SHOT !!! KENDO STICK TO THE HEAD OF RENFREW !!! KENDO STICK TO THE HEAD OF GUNN !!! Low blow from Gunn. KENDO STICK TO THE HEAD FROM GUNN !!! THE ROLLING GERMANS FROM RENFREW !!! Gunn stops that. SPINEBUSTER FROM RENFREW !!! This match is slightly mad at the moment. Superkick is caught. We have the oddest camera work ever before heading back to the ring and Gunn has Renfrew on the floor and boots him in the chest. POWERBOMB ON THE FLOOR FROM RENFREW !!! Gunn crotches Renfrew on the railing. SUICIDE DIVE FROM GUNN WIPES OUT THE BIG MAN !!! HOLY SHIT !!! Both men back into the ring now. Right hands. STUNNER FROM RENFREW !!! SITDOWN SPINEBUSTER FROM GUNN !!! Climbing kick in the corner from Gunn and then he sets the big man on the top rope. RENFREW SPEARS GUNN OFF OF THE BACK OF THE REFEREE !!! JAY DRILLER FROM RENFREW !!! BRUTAL SUPERKICK FROM GUNN !!! BOTH MEN DOWN !!! Both men exchange right hands and then battle up. The Gold Label hit the ring and this one is a no contest.

Give these guys credit. They went out there and put on a fucking stormer, even though it wasn't even a proper match as it was all just filler for the big angle at the end. The effort here was exceptional. ***

We have Red Lightning in the ring and he asks if we want to see ladies. As you'd expect, the reaction is mixed. Anyways, Red Lightning brings out Kay Lee Ray. He brings out Carmel as a referee, and then brings out TJ Rage to face Kay Lee Ray.

TJ Rage vs. Kay Lee Ray

Kay sneaks in a Dropkick to the back and Rage charges and Kay heads for the floor. Kay back into the ring when Rage heads for the floor and she's giving the big man a bit of a runaround. Dropkick to Rage on the floor and he's not amused by this one bit. Back into the ring and Bodders sweeps Kay. Rage misses a charge and eats a kick. Leaping Rana from Kay and the fans are right into this. Rolling Samoan Drop from Rage puts an end to the domination from Kay and then he chokes her over the middle rope. Boddington adds some choking to that. Rage then just throws Kay like a bad habit. Low blow from Kay and then she lands an Enziguri and that gets nothing. Carmel opts to pull Kay up by the hair instead. Belly 2 Belly Suplex from Rage and Kay winds up on the floor. Kay then brings a chair into the match in an attempt to make a difference. Kay tries a DDT on the chair and that doesn't work out. Rage now has the chair and he sets it, but he charges right into it. Kay sets into Rage with the chair and then Boddington gets involved in the match. Double Underhook and Rage just drops Kay and then chokes her with the boot. DDT ON THE CASE FROM KAY TO COUNTER THE POWERBOMB !!! Carmel won't make the count though. Kay lays out Carmel and then Coffey and Polo turn up and this one turns into shenanigans. Coffey and Polo beat the shit out of Rage. The Gold Label now turn up and tell people to calm down and then fire everyone in the ring and around the ring.

I don't like that TJ Rage had so much difficulty here. Not that I'm against ladies being competitive, but TJ Rage is a big man. This WAS a good match though. **1/2

Really enjoyed that. Planning on going up to Fear and Loathing 4 next month, not been to an ICW show before so should be good.

Those matches SHOULD be quality but we know how TNA love to bollox up decent matches by slowing them right down just as they come alive.

I still can't believe they've put AJ in another match with Daniels in a pointless "storyline". Daniels is kept together with macaroni pieces and glue nowadays and AJ should be getting the push to the top where he deserves to be.

If the Tag belt match is Mexican America v The British Invasion it might actually be pretty good.

As for the ref bumps, there should be a weekly sweepstake as to what matches WON'T have one! :D

AJ and Daniels hasn't been confirmed but the way Daniels was making constant jibes at AJ is leading somewhere. He should be, but if people aren't competing in the World Title match then they aren't really anywhere, if you know what I mean. TNA obviously don't have two main event belts nor do they have a belt like the US or IC, a midcard belt that means something.