The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I need to just say, Dennis Stamp is my fucking hero. Seriously. An absolute class act. He called The One Wrestling Show again to say how he was doing with his battle against cancer and it was yet another magnificent talk he had and he is such a gentleman.

Mark Henry or The Big Show will win the Rumble. Unless Y2J returns.

Henry is apparently carrying a knock so wouldn't be surprised to see him sit it out, and I could see Big Show-Bryan for the strap at the Rumble. If this mental Jericho reasoning with the videos turns out to be correct and he's coming back for Punk he won't be in the Rumble match either, it'll be Punk-Jericho at the Rumble.

I'll predict a Rumble win for Ziggler, after opening the show in an outstanding rematch putting over Ryder.

I'd love him to win it....I really, really want Punk vs Ziggler at Mania.

The two best in the WWE right now, it would be fantastic. I think and hope they pull the trigger with Ziggler and give him the chance.

f**k it, here's what I think they'll go with (some optimistic picks admittedly):

Cena vs Rock

Taker vs HHH - streak vs career

Punk © vs Ziggler

Bryan © vs Henry vs Barrett vs Sheamus

Orton vs Del Rio

Miz vs R-Truth (with some sort of stipulation)

Ryder © vs Christian

Cody Rhodes © vs Goldust - title vs career

Air Boom © vs Epico & Hunico vs Usos - ladder match

Some women's pish

Henry is apparently carrying a knock so wouldn't be surprised to see him sit it out, and I could see Big Show-Bryan for the strap at the Rumble. If this mental Jericho reasoning with the videos turns out to be correct and he's coming back for Punk he won't be in the Rumble match either, it'll be Punk-Jericho at the Rumble.

I'll predict a Rumble win for Ziggler, after opening the show in an outstanding rematch putting over Ryder.

Rumble's all ready booked I think. 30 man rumble and Cena vs Kane.

Rumble's all ready booked I think. 30 man rumble and Cena vs Kane.

I can't see Cena and Kane not being in the Rumble.

Someone mentioned this to me the other day, anyone think they might have a Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk unification feud? I think that'd be quite decent, both feud and end product wise. They could certainly have some cracking matches.

Why would Cena be in the rumble? He's all ready main eventing WM28.

ph34r.gif Keep forgetting about that laugh.gif

Does the Rumble winner necessarily have to get their match at Mania? They could have him use it for a match at the Elimination Chamber PPV. I know it's unlikely but it'd certainly be an interesting twist, would free up more space for the card for Mania.

I still think Kane will be in the Rumble.

Yeah it's a bit crap, eh?

Source

If it's on a Newz~~~ site it must be true. Also, in that little bit it doesn't say those will be the only matches. Last year there was a 40 man Rumble and IIRC 3 other matches.

Someone mentioned this to me the other day, anyone think they might have a Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk unification feud? I think that'd be quite decent, both feud and end product wise. They could certainly have some cracking matches.

I doubt this'll happen. I can't see them unifying the titles any time soon. Bryan-Punk will feud one day but it won't be for a while as there is a lot of mileage still left for both guys as face.

Does the Rumble winner necessarily have to get their match at Mania? They could have him use it for a match at the Elimination Chamber PPV. I know it's unlikely but it'd certainly be an interesting twist, would free up more space for the card for Mania.

The prize for winning the Rumble is a title shot at WM.

Both look like they would still get leathered of this websites sisters?

royceufc1.gif

This is Royce Gracie. He weighed 180lbs and went unbeaten in the first four UFC tournaments. He was facing guys who weighed as much as 650lbs. He was skilled and won those fights. Punk and Bryan could fall into the same category.

I'm sorry, I have no idea what this sentence means, other than I'm assuming it's an insult at Danielson and Punk. Tell you what, enjoy a picture of Chris Masters.

Chris-Masters.jpg

He was a great worker, bring him back and pop him in the midcard I say.

Punk and Bryan are probably the 2 best in-ring performers in the WWE so it would make for cracking matches but they'd have to improve on Bryan's character a lot before they have them fued IMO. Punk would wipe the floor with him on every aspect except for in the ring just now.

Think it would have to involve a pretty sharp heel turn from Bryan with not a lot of mic work and have him relying on sneak attacks/dirty wins (I think they should be going this way with him regardless of who he is fueding with, in order to make him a credible champion).

Chris Masters was up there with the best in WWE when he was eventually sacked. Just an absolutely shocking decision there. Oh, and his selling was off the charts. He sold injuries like his fucking limbs were falling off!

I doubt this'll happen. I can't see them unifying the titles any time soon.

Bryan-Punk will feud one day but it won't be for a while as there is a lot of

mileage still left for both guys as face.

I don't think there's ANY mileage in Daniel Bryan as a babyface anymore. There just isn't anything to him at the moment. CM Punk is going to stay a babyface for a very long time though.

Think it would have to involve a pretty sharp heel turn from Bryan with not a

lot of mic work and have him relying on sneak attacks/dirty wins (I think they

should be going this way with him regardless of who he is fueding with, in order

to make him a credible champion).

As an aggressive heel, that boy can talk, so mic work wouldn't be a problem. We've already seen good examples of him on the mic actually, especially in the Michael Cole fued.

Unfortunately since WWE are obsessed with their heels being cowards these days, so I'd wager Daniel Bryan would go down the same road.