The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

There's a pretty good point made in that interview, that WWE's treating of UFC is a bit weird. They should be concerned with all of entertainment, rather than just other wrestling companies and MMA. Yet they snub Punk appearing at UFC but they allow Hugh Jackman to come on and promote his film and other celebrities like that.

Obviously, there's a difference, but how many people who like wrestling and MMA is really going to choose one and not the other?

David Otunga is actually a good lawyer!

He might be fairly dire in the ring, but fair play to him for actually backing up his gimmick in real life. I hope he took exaggerated slurps from a cup of coffee throughout the court hearing.

I would like to think all the early 90's WWF gimmicks kept up their personas in real life. Imagine this man showing up to empty your bins. 01.jpg

ICW. MyChannel on Sky. Next Friday. 1am. Apparently the first episode will be Johnny Moss vs. Bad Bones and Liam Thomson vs. Andy Wild vs. Zack Sabre Jr. A good wee introduction without getting too mental. Leave that stuff for later. ;) Episode 5 with the street fight will be must see.

Stand alone. The first five episodes will feature their big last show of 2011, and Sunday night's show is going to be episodes 6-10. So they say anyways. They were thinking of cutting the Square Go to fit into one episode which would be a travesty. I'd assume episode 9 will be BT Gunn vs. James Scott, and I'd urge EVERYONE to watch that.

ICW. MyChannel on Sky. Next Friday. 1am. Apparently the first episode will be Johnny Moss vs. Bad Bones and Liam Thomson vs. Andy Wild vs. Zack Sabre Jr. A good wee introduction without getting too mental. Leave that stuff for later. ;) Episode 5 with the street fight will be must see.

I've not got fucking Sky!!!

I hate that they keep saying "Royal Rumble... event." It's a small thing but it fucking grates. I might have mentioned this last year but all the same.

I went on a bit of DVD spree a week or so ago and the last one came today. Does anyone remember the documentary that was on Channel 4 in 2004, "Lock Up Your Sons"? Well I tried to find it on Amazon, I didn't I found a DVD that I thought was it called "The Backyard". When the DVD came I looked again for the "Lock Up Your Sons" DVD and ended up on UKFF's forum on a thread about it. Quite a few people were saying that it had set back wrestling being on TV in the country for 10 years. Usually I take what's said on there, and most message boards, with a pinch of salt but it looks like they could be right for a change. There are plenty of UK promotions out there that are putting out a good product and, from reports, ICW is no different. Hopefully all goes well with ICW and it leads to bigger and better things for all the companies.

The other thing is does anyone have a copy/know where might have a copy of "Lock Up Your Sons"?

I remember that actually. The outrage to it was astonishing. A bit of an over-reaction I thought, but it certainly didn't do any favours to UK wrestling. I think UKW on MyChannel has done more harm with it's average output and shawdy production.

I remember that actually. The outrage to it was astonishing. A bit of an over-reaction I thought, but it certainly didn't do any favours to UK wrestling. I think UKW on MyChannel has done more harm with it's average output and shawdy production.

It seemed like a nice wee bit of nostalgia to add to the collection. I think I might have missed bits of it as well first time round.

They need someone really serious about British Wrestling to take over if it's that bad. It has essentially "prime time" with it being on at 6 PM, I think that's when I saw it on anyway. What can you do though? If they don't have the resources/interest then it ain't going to happen. Incidentally, what kind of set up do ICW have when it comes to filming? Is it proper cameras that you see at ROH tapings etc. or is it a bit lower down the tech line?

Heard tonight that this man will be a surprise Rumble entrant:

Papa Shango

Just a few of my own predictions for surprise entrants:

Road Dogg

Billy Gunn

X-Pac or 1-2-3 Kid

Razor Ramon or Scott Hall

RVD

Ernest Miller

Buff Bagwell

As bad as it sounds, I really hope Scott Hall doesn't make an appearance, that could be car crash material.