The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Goldust has been released from his contract, seemingly something went down at the April 24th tapings of Smackdown.

That'll explain why he set up his own separate twitter count in the last couple of weeks. Shame to see him go - he was on the verge of a push before that serious injury that sidelined him.

This seems like a good place to have the Misc. wrestling chat that Rudy was on about. Which is good, because I was at ICW last night. :D Madness as usual.

Dicky Divers df. Stevie Boy via submission.

The STI/Bucky Boys fued opens the night. A high tempo way to open the show and it did set a decent standard for the night ahead. Expected it to be a bit wilder than what it was. It seemed a bit trunciated, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Highlight of the match was Divers pulling a wet floor sign from nowhere and breaking it over the head of Stevie Boy. We also get to hear The Wee Man come out with this gem...

"The man who gets his jockstrap sized to the nearest furlong!" :lol:

Davey Boy df. William Grange via pinfall.

Like the match before it, this was short but to the point. Much fun was had at the expense of William Grange who ripped his trousers. He also decided to show his arse which the audience didn't appreciate. Davey Boy was an utter beast, just completely laying into poor Grange. Post match, Lambrini and Sara have a catfight which causes Davey to have a chug in the middle of the ring. :lol:

Joe and Mark Coffey df. Noam Dar and Andy Wild by submission to progress to the semi finals of the tag title tournament.

In a turn which shocked nobody, Noam Dar turned on Wild and walked away leaving him to tap out. Before that point, the match was an excellent sprint. The Coffeys are so old school in style. Nothing flashy about them. They just maul the opposition.

Fight Club ( Kid Fite and Liam Thomson ) df. The Official Community ( Jamie Feerick and Scott Maverick ) by pinfall to advance to the semi finals of the tag title tournament.

While the previous match had the tag formula down to a tee, this one managed to be brilliant by being much more two sided than anyone would have thought. Scott Maverick is someone who could well be going somewhere. He just has something about him. Jamie Feerick's size makes him an easy target and the fans hate him. Kid Fite of course gave out teabags again, and they ended up brutalizing OfCom at the end, but for the most part, this was a great evenly contested tag match.

Johnny Moss df. Jimmy Havoc via pinfall.

This is one of the most mental beatings that Moss has handed out in ICW yet, which is saying something. They completely ripped the Taker/Hardy respect spot at the end, but it worked. The crazy beating already had some fans cheering for Havoc. It was basically Mossy mauling, but it was such a vicious mauling that it worked. Great extended squash match.

Christopher df. Chris Renfrew via pinfall

It was a game of speed vs. power in this one, as everything that Renfrew hit looked vicious. Christopher used his ringside entourage to full advantage and of course with it being ICW, the referee was powerless to do anything about it. Renfrew looked to be getting the better of them though untill Johnny Starr turned up and turned heel. A fun match anyways.

Lionheart df. Mikey Whiplash via pinfall to become the #1 Contender to the ICW Championship.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what pro wrestling is all about. The two men were having an absolute belter of a normal match with each other, but then the referee turned heel and the whole thing just kicked into another gear, with batshit crazy booking and the crowd just eating it all up. When Lionheart eventually got the win with the new referee in place, the roof came off. It's possibly the best match in ICW since the summer of 2010 when Red Lightning and BT Gunn tore it down. I can't wait to see how it comes across on TV.

Falcon df. Mark Andrews via pinfall.

Slightly disappointing stuff here. Was expecting a high flying spotfest and we got a short showcase which was basically there to secure Falcon as a new heel in the ICW roster.

BT Gunn df. Jack Jester, Wolfgang and James Scott to retain the ICW Championship.

A fittingly wild end to the show. Not so much with the crazy hardcore action, and more with the fast paced constant motion action, with more good booking like the continuation of the Whiplash/Jester fued and the potential split of Wolfgang and James Scott as The Gold Label finally seems to be coming to an end.

I absolutely love going to these shows because you KNOW you're gonna get your money's worth and the atmosphere alone makes it an experience.

This seems like a good place to have the Misc. wrestling chat that Rudy was on about. Which is good, because I was at ICW last night. :D Madness as usual.

The STI/Bucky Boys fued opens the night. A high tempo way to open the show and it did set a decent standard for the night ahead. Expected it to be a bit wilder than what it was. It seemed a bit trunciated, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Highlight of the match was Divers pulling a wet floor sign from nowhere and breaking it over the head of Stevie Boy. We also get to hear The Wee Man come out with this gem...

Like the match before it, this was short but to the point. Much fun was had at the expense of William Grange who ripped his trousers. He also decided to show his arse which the audience didn't appreciate. Davey Boy was an utter beast, just completely laying into poor Grange. Post match, Lambrini and Sara have a catfight which causes Davey to have a chug in the middle of the ring. :lol:

Joe and Mark Coffey df. Noam Dar and Andy Wild by submission to progress to the semi finals of the tag title tournament.

In a turn which shocked nobody, Noam Dar turned on Wild and walked away leaving him to tap out. Before that point, the match was an excellent sprint. The Coffeys are so old school in style. Nothing flashy about them. They just maul the opposition.

Fight Club ( Kid Fite and Liam Thomson ) df. The Official Community ( Jamie Feerick and Scott Maverick ) by pinfall to advance to the semi finals of the tag title tournament.

While the previous match had the tag formula down to a tee, this one managed to be brilliant by being much more two sided than anyone would have thought. Scott Maverick is someone who could well be going somewhere. He just has something about him. Jamie Feerick's size makes him an easy target and the fans hate him. Kid Fite of course gave out teabags again, and they ended up brutalizing OfCom at the end, but for the most part, this was a great evenly contested tag match.

This is one of the most mental beatings that Moss has handed out in ICW yet, which is saying something. They completely ripped the Taker/Hardy respect spot at the end, but it worked. The crazy beating already had some fans cheering for Havoc. It was basically Mossy mauling, but it was such a vicious mauling that it worked. Great extended squash match.

It was a game of speed vs. power in this one, as everything that Renfrew hit looked vicious. Christopher used his ringside entourage to full advantage and of course with it being ICW, the referee was powerless to do anything about it. Renfrew looked to be getting the better of them though untill Johnny Starr turned up and turned heel. A fun match anyways.

Lionheart df. Mikey Whiplash via pinfall to become the #1 Contender to the ICW Championship.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what pro wrestling is all about. The two men were having an absolute belter of a normal match with each other, but then the referee turned heel and the whole thing just kicked into another gear, with batshit crazy booking and the crowd just eating it all up. When Lionheart eventually got the win with the new referee in place, the roof came off. It's possibly the best match in ICW since the summer of 2010 when Red Lightning and BT Gunn tore it down. I can't wait to see how it comes across on TV.

Slightly disappointing stuff here. Was expecting a high flying spotfest and we got a short showcase which was basically there to secure Falcon as a new heel in the ICW roster.

BT Gunn df. Jack Jester, Wolfgang and James Scott to retain the ICW Championship.

A fittingly wild end to the show. Not so much with the crazy hardcore action, and more with the fast paced constant motion action, with more good booking like the continuation of the Whiplash/Jester fued and the potential split of Wolfgang and James Scott as The Gold Label finally seems to be coming to an end.

I absolutely love going to these shows because you KNOW you're gonna get your money's worth and the atmosphere alone makes it an experience.

I was there last night. First time I've ever went to an ICW event and it was mental. I got 2 decent enough chants started 'Spunk on your glasses' at the bird from OffCom and 'Feed the World' at Jamie Feerick, which he was corpsing like f**k at.

The Sideshow Bob ref turning gimp was fucking hilarious as well. Well worth a tenner.

That was YOU who came up with Band Aid?! Top drawer. :lol: I was in stitches at that one. Feerick didn't know what to make of it. I'm pretty sure he broke and laughed at one point.

That heel turn from the ref was amazing. The crowd just NUKED at that point.

That was YOU who came up with Band Aid?! Top drawer. :lol: I was in stitches at that one. Feerick didn't know what to make of it. I'm pretty sure he broke and laughed at one point.

That heel turn from the ref was amazing. The crowd just NUKED at that point.

That was my good self yeah, certainly a proud moment as it caught on brilliantly. He definitely cracked up and laughed when he was in the corner.

That Lolita lassie was fucking quality as well. I shouted at her 'I'll be watching you on Babestation tonight', she replied 'Babestation? I fucking wish I was on Babestation'! :lol:

Someone tells me Fight Club nailed a sick as f**k finisher but they are unable to tell me what it was. Anyone shed some light?

We're being asked to name the tag champs....again.

Voting options include Air Truth, Ka-Boom, R-Boom, Truth in Paradise and Air Jimmy. Is it just me, but where does Air come into it? The Air in the last one was for Evan Bourne.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Someone tells me Fight Club nailed a sick as f**k finisher but they are unable to tell me what it was. Anyone shed some light?

Powerbomb/Backcracker combo. They also landed it a bit high which might have made it seem worse.

Anyone care to share the rumour of what Goldust apparently done at Smackdown?

He was the agent working with Darren Young & Titus O'Neil and Ezekiel Jackson & Yoshi Tatsu helping them put together their tag match and he had something to do with Young and O'Neil using this risky move on Tatsu which almost injured him because they didn't execute it properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KS3DRVABMFQ#t=97s

Powerbomb/Backcracker combo. They also landed it a bit high which might have made it seem worse.

It was absolutely solid, the boy took it like a champ as he was probably in agony yesterday, I'd imagine.

The C4 by Stevie Boy in the first match was immense as well.

It was absolutely solid, the boy took it like a champ as he was probably in agony yesterday, I'd imagine.

The C4 by Stevie Boy in the first match was immense as well.

Stevie Boy busts out crazy stuff for fun. He was wrestling the night before and botched all sorts of stuff, so it was good to see him hitting everything clean this time out.

Jamie Feerick was actually nearly unconscious on the stage because of the finish.