The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Just recieved this email.

Hi friends....

As you know, I handle and ship all COLTMERCH swag all by myself. There's no corporations or even interns. It's just me...Pro Wrestler, Colt Cabana.

Before I went to Japan for a month I put in a re-order of Wrestling Road Diaries....Unfortunately when I got back to America for some reason they didn't put in the order. So then I had to put in the order a month later.

There is no excuse for this as you have made a purchase and it should be sent right out. I was told they would SHIP TO ME...TOMORROW! So this means hopefully I get them Monday and I can ship them out to you next week.

I hope you except this apology and in return I'll be sure to put some goodies in your order.

Thanks for your support and understanding....

COLT

I fucking love you Colt Cabana...even if you use except instead of accept (Gets right on my tits).biggrin.gif

Chris Jericho suspended:

Chris Jericho was nearly arrested after WWE's house show in Sao Paolo, Brazil on Thursday. Jericho kicked the Brazil flag in order to get heat during his match with CM Punk. Authorities were reportedly upset and considered taking him into custody, but ultimately he was not charged.
From WWE.com

Chris Jericho has been suspended indefinitely due to an irresponsible act of denigrating the Brazilian flag at a WWE live event in São Paulo on May 24. WWE has apologized to the citizens and the government of Brazil for this incident.

Following WWE indefinitely suspending Chris Jericho after an incident where he reportedly denigrated the Brazilian flag during a match against WWE Champion CM Punk, Chris Jericho had the following comments for WWE.com

"I made a bad judgment call in the course of entertaining fans in Brazil.

I apologized to the people in the crowd for showing disrespect.

It was a bad move. I did it with fans' entertainment in mind and I'll accept the consequences for that."

Abso-fucking-lutely. Even if he turned out to be shit, he has that booming voice and enthusiasm that makes people feel like they're watching a big deal anyways.

Can mind the sheer force and gusto during his intros for the Canadian Crippler "CHRIISS BENWAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHH".

I'd give Finky baby the gig with a clausae that he doesn't do the Royal Rumble....life's too short!

Why not the Rumble? '...And now it's time, for THE ROYAL RUMBLLLLLLLEEEE Match!!!'

Jericho suspended for 30 days for some sort of incident in Brazil

He kicked a fan's Brazilian flag which is apparently against the law over there. There's a few different reports but basically the police and stuff weren't happy but let him off with just a warning(or fine etc) because it was all kayfabe to get heat and/or because he didn't know better.

I'm only assuming that WWE suspended him because there was a bit of pressure, just because it's another country doesn't mean breaking the law is acceptable.

Funnily enough they fired Finlay for booking a heel interrupting a national anthem, which isn't breaking any laws. Fucking double standards.

I remember that, and the consensus at the time was that it was a Daniel Bryan/tie-gate type firing, where they did it just to be able to say "we fired him" before bringing him back a month or so later; did Finlay never get rehired?

I remember that, and the consensus at the time was that it was a Daniel Bryan/tie-gate type firing, where they did it just to be able to say "we fired him" before bringing him back a month or so later; did Finlay never get rehired?

He's been linked with a return to what it was he was doing before, a road agent.

Wikipedia says he got fired in March 2011, certainly not a Bryan situation where they want to rehire him as soon as it dies down.

Finlay didn't sign with ROH. He was completely independant while wrestling for them.

That suspension isn't a work. The entire show was stopped and Jericho was forced to apologise on the spot or face jail time which he duly did and then did so again on the website. That's not a work, and if it was, the person coming up with it should be shot.

Funny how Jericho's ban coincides with Fozzy being on tour. They're playing Download next week.

I'd thought that but if it is then it's risky as f**k, there was no guarantee that the Brazilian police would let him off with it and not detain them.

I'd also expect them to write him out on a live/televised show rather than just a house show.