The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Tonights Smackdown was pretty good. Good lead up to the PPV, the Sheamus/Orton match was excellent. I was expecting that regardless of who won in the end that Orton would indeed have the last laugh.

Looking forward to the CM Punk match now, both title fights are looking brilliant.

here is an excerpt from the chat regarding an idea Vince McMahon had for Kane's character, Jacob Goodnight

:I get a call from Gregory Dark, the director. He says, "We've got a little problem here." This call is from Australia. I said, "What's the problem?" He goes, "Vince has a suggestion about the movie." I said, "Well, it's his movie." He goes, "Vince wants this scene in the movie where Kane's character pulls out his penis, and he wants it to be three feet long." I thought there was a connection problem, I said "Greg, can you just back up and repeat that last line for me?" He goes, "Yes, Vince wants Kane's penis to be three feet long, and none of the producers are saying anything about it." So I sat there, I go, "Oh, this is not good. This is not good. This is really not good." In the right movie, that's genius, that's absolutely brilliant, but not for this movie.

:lol: :lol:

Edited by #Gary

Anywhere I can watch Over The Limit online as I fell asleep before I was able to stream it live. Watched the pre-show, but now wanna see the show. Much appreciated.

From ring announcing gaffes to shoe related mishaps, Lilian Garcia's second go-round with WWE has been rough at times. The veteran Diva had another bad night Sunday at Over the Limit as she mishandled multiple ring introductions and was involved in a heated argument with a co-worker in front of fans.

During ring introductions for the participants in the Fatal 4-Way Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, Garcia incorrectly announced Sheamus' billed weight as 227 pounds, rather than 267 pounds. In another glaring miscue, Garcia announced Hunico as a match participant seconds after Hunico proclaimed Camacho as wrestling. Broadcaster Michael Cole took the opportunity to once again denounce her ring announcing ability, say he wasn't surprised by the mistake considering the source. Garcia also drew the ire of fellow ring announcer Justin Roberts. Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer explains in today's edition of Observer Radio:

"Something happened between Lilian Garcia and Justin Roberts where Lilian stormed off—live crowd could see it. And it had something to do with her botching something. It was the ring announcement of the Cody Rhodes/Christian match and they were arguing and she stormed off, I know that."Garcia acknowledged her announcing slip-ups during a recent interview with The Sam Roberts Show.

She stated that while she receives feedback regarding her gaffes from peers, they don't make fun of her.

laugh.gifI smell a feud coming along.

From ring announcing gaffes to shoe related mishaps, Lilian Garcia's second go-round with WWE has been rough at times. The veteran Diva had another bad night Sunday at Over the Limit as she mishandled multiple ring introductions and was involved in a heated argument with a co-worker in front of fans.

During ring introductions for the participants in the Fatal 4-Way Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, Garcia incorrectly announced Sheamus' billed weight as 227 pounds, rather than 267 pounds. In another glaring miscue, Garcia announced Hunico as a match participant seconds after Hunico proclaimed Camacho as wrestling. Broadcaster Michael Cole took the opportunity to once again denounce her ring announcing ability, say he wasn't surprised by the mistake considering the source. Garcia also drew the ire of fellow ring announcer Justin Roberts. Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer explains in today's edition of Observer Radio:

"Something happened between Lilian Garcia and Justin Roberts where Lilian stormed off—live crowd could see it. And it had something to do with her botching something. It was the ring announcement of the Cody Rhodes/Christian match and they were arguing and she stormed off, I know that."Garcia acknowledged her announcing slip-ups during a recent interview with The Sam Roberts Show.

She stated that while she receives feedback regarding her gaffes from peers, they don't make fun of her.

laugh.gifI smell a feud coming along.

I smell Lillian being wished the best in her future endeavours :P

Lillian Garcia has always been shite. The amount of horrendous botches she's done is ridiculous. I don't understand why she got brought back.

Right, ICW card is nearly full, and it looks amazing.

ICW Championship

BT Gunn © vs. Lionheart

ICW Zero G Championship

Noam Dar © vs. Mark Coffey vs. Andy Wild vs. Joe Coffey

ICW Tag Team Title Tournament Quarter Final

T2K ( "Darkside" James Scott and Wolfgang ) vs. The Bucky Boys ( Stevie Boy and Davey Boy )

ICW Tag Team Title Tournament Quarter Final

STI ( William Grange and Dicky Divers ) vs. The Models ( Joey Hayes and Danny Hope )

Bad Bones vs. Mikey Whiplash

Chris Renfrew vs. Jonathan Starr

Great to see Bad Bones back in the ICW ring!

Get the Fink back announcing.

Abso-fucking-lutely. Even if he turned out to be shit, he has that booming voice and enthusiasm that makes people feel like they're watching a big deal anyways.