The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Cycling through 98 on the Network at the moment...last night I watched Over the Edge where Jerry Lawler pinched a sad looking Mad Dog Vachon's prosthetic leg and had a fight with The Crusher with it. Russo-riffic. It's all McMahon/Austin too which is still terrifically entertaining to me. Patterson and Brisco were the underrated components of this fued, pure gold.

Edited by Christophe

Cycling through 98 on the Network at the moment...last night I watched Over the Edge where Jerry Lawler pinched a sad looking Mad Dog Vachon's prosthetic leg and had a fight with The Crusher with it. Russo-riffic. It's all McMahon/Austin too which is still terrifically entertaining to me. Patterson and Brisco were the underrated components of this fued, pure gold.

That's one of my favourite ever ppv. Absolute carnage. There's about 8 piledrivers throughout it. Miss that move.

• 2 weeks later...

It's just sad that he's in a profession where at dying aged 69 he'd be regarded as being quite lucky to have lived so long. An absolute legend and although his biggest achievements were before it, my fondest memories were his American Dream phase, such a fun character who he played perfectly.

Yup. They're running 4 shows in August at the Fringe. Fire over to their website for the dates.

Irn Jew (Grado and Colt Cabana) have a number 1 contender match for the tag titles on the first show. It's a safe bet they'll be winning that, especially since Cabana will be on all 4 shows. Colt is also doing his podcast live from Edinburgh on the day of each show. He's so his show with Brendon Burns every night at the festival that he isn't wrestling

Edited by DA Baracus

Poor Tyson Kidd - out for 14 months and having neck surgery :( guy can't catch a break

I think it was Samoa Joe that did it at a live event or a dark match.

Samoa Joe can f**k off. Just ended one of the best tag teams in years. Both top teams out of action for lengthy periods now.