The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

My pre-Mania apathy has returned with a vengeance. :(

The immediate post-Mania period with Lesnar's return had given me hope that we were heading into an exciting time in the world of wrestling, now I feel the product is as dull as it's been for many years. I can fast-forward through Raw and Smackdown without feeling I've missed anything and pretty much everything outwith Bryan and Punk is boring me. All the steps forward they took with Cena's character in his feud with The Rock have been undone imo. His promos and matches are worse than ever and nobody on the planet wants to see Cena vs Big Show in the main event of a PPV.

The immediate post-Mania period with Lesnar's return had given me hope that we were heading into an exciting time in the world of wrestling, now I feel the product is as dull as it's been for many years. I can fast-forward through Raw and Smackdown without feeling I've missed anything and pretty much everything outwith Bryan and Punk is boring me. All the steps forward they took with Cena's character in his feud with The Rock have been undone imo. His promos and matches are worse than ever and nobody on the planet wants to see Cena vs Big Show in the main event of a PPV.

Put the razor blade away!!! To be fair, it's probably only the last 2 or 3 weeks that have been shit. Nothing to get overly worried with. It's troughs and peaks pretty much all year round.

Pretty much this.

Put the razor blade away!!! To be fair, it's probably only the last 2 or 3 weeks that have been shit. Nothing to get overly worried with. It's troughs and peaks pretty much all year round.

Yeah, last year's Autumn/late Summer with Punk/Cena was great, there's always hope. I think people's expectations get warped by how good it usually is at Mania.

Yeah, last year's Autumn/late Summer with Punk/Cena was great, there's always hope. I think people's expectations get warped by how good it usually is at Mania.

I hope you are both right. It just seems like creative are treading water until they build can begin to HHH vs Brock and the Cena vs Big Johnny rematch. Hopefully the transition to 3 hour Raws will reinvigorate things. The last 2 Summers have given us the Nexus invasion and Summer of Punk out of the blue, so you never know what could happen next.

ICW on Sunday btw. Tenner, and doesn't look likely to sell out before the night, so turn up with plenty of time before 7pm and ye'll be sorted. Classic Grand nightclub. Card again is...

ICW Championship

BT Gunn © vs. Lionheart

ICW Zero G Championship

Noam Dar © vs. Andy Wild vs. Joe Coffey vs. Mark Coffey

Tag Team Title Qtr Final

T2K ( James Scott and Wolfgang ) vs. The Bucky Boys ( Stevie Boy and Davey Boy )

Tag Team Title Qtr Final

STI ( William Grange and Dicky Divers ) vs. The Models ( Joey Hayes and Danny Hope )

Bad Bones vs. Mikey Whiplash

CJ Banks vs. Jack Jester

Chris Renfrew vs. Johnny Starr

Everything involving a title should be amazing. Bones/Whiplash should also be great. The other two... I'm not as sure really. Could go either way. Johnny Moss is due on the show as well.

Drew McIntyre is brilliant any time he's on Superstars. I'd like to think he was put on there to hone his skills, but I hoped the same thing about Chris Masters and he got booted. Apparently the best time to get rid is when the wrestlers are at their absolute best, so expect Drew to get sacked soon.

Has he? unsure.gif

It's been a regular move for him for ages, it's only since his latest comeback & him using it after the Killswitch (worst finisher ever btw) that it's become a "new" move for some reason

Seeing as its Jubilee Weekend, this is appropriate 8)

Best Battle Royal ever in my opinion from the UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TObHAvTtG10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYyTKBiDXgI&feature=plcp

The first wrestling I ever saw. I get sentimental about this one. I was only 3 years old yet I remember it. Me and my uncle watching it. The Ric Flair vs Tito Santana match before the Battle Royal is my first wrestling memory....that match is the reason I even continued watchingbiggrin.gif

Aye.

Last night's ICW show ended like this...

... angles like this restore my faith in wrestling. The audience was RABID. Half of them were overcome with hatred and the other half were over the top mental with happiness. I was the latter.

Edited by DomDom