The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

On 01/10/2016 at 14:10, Randy Giles said:

The ladder war from last night's ROH show is absolute must-see stuff. Fucking crazy stuff from all six guys.

Just done watching this again with review eyes on. Putting it up there with the original TLC. Truly brilliant stuff

Just now, Christophe said:

Just done watching this again with review eyes on. Putting it up there with the original TLC. Truly brilliant stuff

It's probably the most well laid out ladder war that ROH have done. The flow of it is what sets it apart. One spot had me thinking "eh?" which was the Tombstone on the floor. Didn't sour it for me though. It was outrageous. I'd put it above the original TLC but not the next two.

Apparently Daniels planned quite a lot of it. Which would explain him being in there for so much of it, but I supposed that worked with the story of the match too. They were really playing up his story both with a promo and the way the match went.

9 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Goldberg and Lesnar "booked" for Survivor Series apparently........

Not sure how I feel about that.  I don't think it's going to be a particular must-see match, but there are positives.  One, it isn't at Wrestlemania, so if it is shite then it's not as bad, and two it means Lesnar can get his win over someone that doesn't really matter, rather than putting on another standard Lesnar match against someone on the main roster.  

Are they just canning the whole F5ing Shane thing then?  Or are they going full Taker and keep the story so they can bring it back out of the blue 2 years down the line?

Guest bernardblack
I think the F5ing Shane thing was off the cuff after the botched finish don't think much will be made of it.
As for Lesnar - Goldberg bit of a snore really.

What botched finish?

3 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

And there's young Paige suspended for another 60 days. Look forward to seeing her name on the next released superstars list.

I think she's probably going down the Matt Hardy route of deliberately trying to get herself fired as she can't get out of her contract.