The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Such a shame.  With the new opportunities being given to the women, she'd have really had a chance to shine.  Now she's unlikely to wrestle for them again, either throw what sounds like a serious injury, or constant wellness violations.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

She's not as braw as everyone makes out either.

Pretty much. She's always been pretty much bang average. Got a bit of character about her, but even then she's being surpassed a fair bit on that count. If she does go, she won't be missed.

Okada vs Kenny confirmed as Jan 4 main event in NJPW.

Think we are potentially looking at Naito vs Tanahashi (IC), Goto & Ishii vs tag champs, I have a strong suspicion for Shibata vs Suzuki too.

What a rise for Kenny! His last 4-5 months have been stellar. His last two matches in the G1 he went from over-caffeinated goofball to total star - cut a long promo in Japanese in the post match and got the fans right behind him.From then on he's been incredible.

Image result for its still real to me dammit

Listening to a podcast that usually does a rundown of Total Divas/Bellas.  Sounds terrible in a brilliant way, particularly with the addition of Johnny "Dynamic Dude" Ace.  

To be honest though, I can imagine Cena being like that in real life.  Exaggerated for TV of course, but I can see it happening.

20 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Having a binge night on the network.

I just watched Mania 22. It's always been one of my favourite WM's and I still say it's one of the most under rate PPV's of all time.

Definitely a great Mania let down slightly by Taker/Henry, Boogeman/Booker and Sharmell and the Playboy shite.

Edge/Foley and HBK/Vince are brilliant, Orton/Kurt/Rey is very good, MITB is very good (wish they'd bring it back to Mania) and the main event is carried by a brilliant crowd (although is itself a good match but the crowd elevated it). The other matches (aside from the ones I mention in my first paragraph) are all really decent and enjoyable. It was a well paced Mania too.

Edited by DA Baracus

The main event is one of the best WM main event there's been.

I thoroughly enjoyed the MITB, Benoit vs JBL, Vince vs HBK as well. And Foley vs Edge is by far and away the best hardcore match WWE have ever done.

Also, Big Time is a cracking tune.

It's actually quite weird seeing WM in an arena.