The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

4 hours ago, Christophe said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised, he's been absolute dynamite this year. His match with Ishii in RevPro Global Wars last month was MoTY level phenomenal

Thought the match the night after was just as good against Shibata. Everything he did in the UK this year was phenomenal. Almost everything he did this year elsewhere was the same tbh.

3 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Thought the match the night after was just as good against Shibata. Everything he did in the UK this year was phenomenal. Almost everything he did this year elsewhere was the same tbh.

Not sure it clicked just the same with Shibata but that's just in comparison to an absolute cracker...both were excellent 

I'm not sure what's going on here but they seemed to want to make it a new brand just like NXT or the Cruiserweights. They were even talking about potential weekly episodes in the UK..... So they'd be in the WWE but at the same time not in the WWE? As they'd be on the other side of the world from the rest of the rosters :lol: I guess it'll be fun like the Cruiserweight Classic but then die a horrible death afterwards too.

Guest bernardblack

Huge news but a bit disappointed with the "roster" unless my sheer lack of UK wrestlers is being shown here?

Must be a pisser for the ICW lads who are attached to TNA

4 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Huge news but a bit disappointed with the "roster" unless my sheer lack of UK wrestlers is being shown here?

Must be a pisser for the ICW lads who are attached to TNA

There's a load I've never heard of. Severe lack of the Local Hero as well.

Best championship belt they've designed in a long time.

I wonder what the long term plan is though? A UK division on Raw would be a thin roster. Maybe they should have brought the European championship back instead?.....

Definitely a direct response to the success of indie promotions in the UK and more to the point the return of World of Sport which will probably have an audience of a few million. (apparently Raw gets around 150k on Sky Sports)

With regards to the WWE Uk championship, perhaps this title will be defended across the various uk promotions. He did mention a few companies they'd been working with over the course of a year including ICW and progress. Maybe it'll be like the old territory days in America when Flair would defend the NWA title against various regional champions. Surely it'll be a good thing it it helps to showcase UK talent and gives them exposure on the network.

20 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Regal has said it won't have an effect on UK indies so either it's running parallel or they'll be working together. Either way, some of the negative comments being made towards this have been quite funny.

Negative comments and I wasn't invited? That's pure shite, I hate that etc etc

Jim Ross blogging that 'certain companies' won't be happy that ITV'S upcoming WoS will be, from week one, the largest watched TV wrestling show due to the fact it's shown all over the world and free to air. Seems quite bizarre as this WoS is likely to be brutal but would explain this new UK Championship thing Wwe are looking to explore.

Still though, think Jim's reaching on that front.