The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

15 hours ago, Christophe said:

They tried this a few years ago and it didn't take off, seem to have some better talent lined up this time around though

See Whiplash is having yet another very public bitch on Twitter, this time revolving around the WOS return and how he's happy for everyone getting involved but he won't take a booking that 'stifles his creativity'.....in other words, wasn't asked to do it, didn't want to do it anyway.

On 10/18/2016 at 11:20, djchapsticks said:

See Whiplash is having yet another very public bitch on Twitter, this time revolving around the WOS return and how he's happy for everyone getting involved but he won't take a booking that 'stifles his creativity'.....in other words, wasn't asked to do it, didn't want to do it anyway.

He might just be "living the gimmick" but he does come across as an insufferable pain in the arse the vast majority of the time online.

HBK is done with wrestling (I mean in terms of being a wrestler; obviously he'll still be making appearances at WWE events and his cameo at Mania was just that). If he was going to wrestle a match again then I think he would have done so by now.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

HBK is done with wrestling (I mean in terms of being a wrestler; obviously he'll still be making appearances at WWE events and his cameo at Mania was just that). If he was going to wrestle a match again then I think he would have done so by now.

I'm not sure "if he was going to wrestle, he'd have done it by now" is necessarily a definitive formula. There are myriad factors that could make a guy say 'yes', however long after the event...home city stadium show I'd imagine might be enough to turn a head for example. 

Not that I'm buying into this on the poster alone, but the guy is still in phenomenal shape and can't not be thinking about it if approached.

As much as I'd love HBK to come back (and let's be honest, if he was to come back for one last match, it'd have to be someone like Styles), I can't see it. I remember him being interviewed about 'retiring' Flair who went on to have another couple of dozen matches for TNA and he always struck me as quote upset but understanding of his situation. 

I simply couldn't see him potentially doing the same thing to Taker.