The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Hello

A couple of things? What are the biggest pops people can remember hearing? I loved the big time atmosphere of wrestling from the mid 90s to the early 00s, but it seems a little lacking now. One of my favourites was when Regal and a partner I can't remember "won" the tag time title at a British taped RAW, when and where was this, and can anyone find it on youtube at all?

Hello

A couple of things? What are the biggest pops people can remember hearing? I loved the big time atmosphere of wrestling from the mid 90s to the early 00s, but it seems a little lacking now. One of my favourites was when Regal and a partner I can't remember "won" the tag time title at a British taped RAW, when and where was this, and can anyone find it on youtube at all?

When Triple H came back from his first quad injury he got a massive pop.

Nice one, see if you can remember the date or anything or provide a youtube clip, that would be cool. I remember that one, had they not been building up to it for weeks with a series of "Beautiful Day" promos?

Edited by stuart.

Nice one, see if you can remember the date or anything or provide a youtube clip, that would be cool. I remember that one, had they not been building up to it for weeks with a series of "Beautiful Day" promos?

Yeah they built it up for quite sme time before he came back. It was just beforethe 2002 Royal Rumble if I remember... and I think it was MSG.

Hello

I'll get to the top threes in a minute, but there are some pops which will live with me.

Hogan slamming Andre at Wrestlemania III. It of course helps when there's a shitload of people in there, but that place went absolutely batshit insane when that happened. Hogan didn't even get as big a pop as that when he won the actual match.

Triple H winning the IC belt at Summerslam 1998 in the greatest ladder match ever. The thing was that the crowd was indifferent to the match at first and they slowly but surely got more and more wild for both guys, but HHH had won them over in the end, and when he grabbed that belt, it was amazing.

Steve Austin at Backlash 2000. It was all going wrong for The Rock in that match. The McMahons were down, there was no referee that would count a three for him and there were about five people in the ring beating him up. SMASH !

Goldberg beating Hogan on Nitro to win the WCW Championship. Nuff said.

Chris Jericho's debut on RAW. The crowd went mental when the "JERICHO" came up on the Titantron, and actually kept the pop going for a full three minutes. Much respect.

As for Regal and a partner winning the tag titles in the UK, that didn't actually happen. Rated RKO won the tag team titles in the UK. You might be thinking of Regal and Tajiri winning the tag team titles in Japan.

Right, top three.

WWE Entrance Songs

1. Randy Orton

2. Edge

3. Rey Mysterio

WWE Wrestlers

1. Drew McIntyre ( aye, I'm biased so f**k off )

2. Rey Mysterio

3. CM Punk

WWE Finishers

1. Tombstone

2. RKO

3. Shooting Star Press

Top TNA Entrance Songs

1. Hulk Hogan ( aye, love the nWo nostalgia )

2. Abyss

3. Kurt Angle

Top TNA Wrestlers

1. AJ Styles

2. Desmond Wolfe

3. D'Angelo Dinero

Top TNA Finishers

1. Styles Clash

2. Dinero Express

3. More Bang For Your Buck ( Generation ME )

Regal won something in Manchester I think it was, for sure. It then got overturned during a commercial break or something. Maybe the IC Belt or something?

Ah. Right.

Did some research for ya. He won the IC belt in November of 2008 in Manchester in a Battle Royal. He didn't lose it, and fueded with CM Punk.

What's your top 3 entrances/songs?

1. Legacy

2. HBK

3. Edge

Who are you top 3 WWE wrestlers?

1. Shawn Michaels

2. The Miz

3. CM Punk

Top 3 finishers?

1. Sweet Chin Music

2. Codebreaker

3. Pedigree

Edited by The Naitch

See, I thought it happened too, but I can't see anything. I can see that Regal and Eugene did win the gold and had to lose them because Eugene got injured.

I'm gonna keep looking, but it'd appear that it didn't happen !

What's your top 3 entrances/songs?

1. Abyss

2. Cactus Jack's old song with the guitar.

3. nWo (original theme)

Who are you top 3 TNA wrestlers?

1. Kurt Angle

2. Sting

3. Samoa Joe

Top 3 TNA finishers?

1. Canadian Destroyer (i saw amazing red use it)

2. The 540 splash that AJ does

3. Muscle Buster

I not a fan of any wrestler in WWE so mine is TNA.

Good to see i am not the only TNA fan here, Canadian Destroy is amazing.

Eugene was shite. Him coming into it was about the same time I stopped watching wrestling.

I thought that character was pure genius. I always remember the RAW that was centred around him booking it, and it's probably still the best episode of RAW ever.