The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I thought it was when he returned to save Eugene, that was in 04 just not sure when?

Absolutely, much more entertaining as well.

I'd throw Larry Zbyzsko in there as well just for the comic value of Scotty ripping the p*sh out of him at every point Larry speaks. Larry wouldn't get into the HOF, I'm sure Vince hates him.

I like when Larry is on it too. He actually adds nothing personally but Hall ripping into his wig is always good fun.

Vince has heat with Larry, im not exactly sure why though. I believe Larry was well liked by Vince Snr so goodness knows what happend. I actually prefer it when Waltman is not on it. Although him snoring was a classic

Best bits are when Hall tries to get to grip with technology, he cant even use a remote control for the dvd player or tv and thinks Waltmans laptop is a games console lol

How bad was Impact last night? Hogan gets control of the company, but it means nothing because "the network" are making the matches anyway. Where was RVD? Why are Shannon Moore and Jesse Neal getting a tag title shot? The knockouts match was even worse than usual. Where was RVD? Why was Rob Terry basically squashed?

Sting was the most obvious "surprise" opponent ever. I can't believe they've put the title on him. TNA must have completely shat it when they were negotiating with him.

Nothing at all was resolved last night, despite it being such. The JJ/Angle stuff especially should've ended, and it looks like we're getting yet another Hernandez/Morgan feud with yet more crappy matches.

I actually quite enjoyed it for all it's faults. Dixie Carter just should not be on the camera ever. By comparison, she makes Linda McMahon seem like the Rock on the mike.

Fortune are so much better off without Ric Flair dragging them down. Glad to see them getting the chance to actually talk. And it looks like AJ is the leader, which is a good thing.

I hate Shannon Moore. Just looking at his little otter puss makes me want to cave it in, and by the looks of the wee c**t I don't think I'd have many problems in doing it either!

Thought the bit where Eric Young was on the toilet and kept asking JJ for a role in the ceremony was quality. Although the 'wedding' thing on wrestling is just so contrived and everything that happened during the two ceremonies was so obvious. Even Taz said as much!

The woman's match was a terrible way to blow off the angle.

The Steiner/Terry stuff reminded me of the Steiner/HHH stuff. And it's just as bad.

Suprised the title match was a shit as it was, and that it ended so cleanly. Sting just basically kicked the shit out of Hardy and beat him in the middle of the ring. What was the point in that, and therefore what was the point of Hardy beating Anderson?

I seen bits and bobs of TNA last night and the one thing I did like was that it had a better feel to it as it was away from the mongo filled Impact Zone.

I too must offer my concurrence to this sentiment. The crowd reactions and general atmosphere were a lot better and the wrestlers were able to play off the crowd a lot more too. It also looked a lot better than then shitty Impact Zone too. However in saying that, I also agree with...

Very true, although the crowd was dead after the first section with the exception of loads of wolf whistles when Velvet came out. The Sting title win was met with total apathy.

....although it's because the crowd have basically been conditioned to not give a f**k about so many wrestlers, or indeed the WH title.

I like when Larry is on it too. He actually adds nothing personally but Hall ripping into his wig is always good fun.

Vince has heat with Larry, im not exactly sure why though. I believe Larry was well liked by Vince Snr so goodness knows what happend. I actually prefer it when Waltman is not on it. Although him snoring was a classic

Best bits are when Hall tries to get to grip with technology, he cant even use a remote control for the dvd player or tv and thinks Waltmans laptop is a games console lol

Larry adds a lot of insight into the matches they review. And he wasn't that bad a commentator either, that said, even I could look good sitting next to Heenan on commentary.

If it was up to me he'd still have this one :P

And how exactly does tht fit his current personna?

The vintage collection maych on just now is Rock n Sock connection vs Big Show and Taker. Awesome.

That the buried alive match on Smackdown?

ECW Barely Legal 1997

This was the first PPV for ECW. I'm going to try and watch all of the PPVs that ECW put on. For as over-rated as much of their output was, they were still a hell of an entertaining wrestling promotion. As usual I'll just be covering the matches and ignoring the promos.

The Eliminators vs. The Dudley Boys ( *1/2 )

Rob Van Dam vs. Lance Storm ( **3/4 )

Taka Michinoku, Terry Boy and Dick Togo vs. The Great Sasuke, Gran Hamada and Masato Yakushiji ( ****1/2 )

Shane Douglas vs. Pitbull #2 ( DUD )

Taz vs. Sabu ( ***1/2 )

Stevie Richards vs. The Sandman vs. Terry Funk ( *** )

Raven vs. Terry Funk ( **1/2 )

Match 1

ECW Tag Team Championships

The Dudley Boys © vs. The Eliminators

This match basically acted as a showcase for The Eliminators. Saturn looks like a badass, even when he's wearing the campest possible ring gear that he could find. The Dudleys do a runner right off the bat. In comes Sign Guy Dudley. TOTAL ELIMINATION ON SIGN GUY DUDLEY !!! Reverse DDT from Devon and Ray works over Kronus. Powerbomb from Ray and that sounded like a bomb went off. Diving Headbutt from Devon gets a two count. Saturn into the ropes. Tilt-a-Whirl Slam from Ray gets a two count for Devon. Suplex/Cross Body combo from The Dudleys gets another two count. Saturn flips over The Dudleys and then lands a Double Dropkick. Side Slam from Ray puts an end to that momentum. Spinning Heel Kick from Kronus. Hurricane Kicks from The Eliminators. DOUBLE SUPERKICK FROM THE ELIMINATORS !!! Slams on each side of the ring now. STEREO TWISTING SPLASHES FROM THE ELIMINATORS !!! The Dudleys get knocked to the floor. SATURN GETS FLIPPED OVER THE TOP ROPE ONTO THE DUDLEYS !!! KRONUS WITH THE SPACE FLYING TIGER DROP ON THE DUDLEYS !!! Fitting that the Michinoku Pro guys are on the show. Springboard Spinning Heel Kick from Saturn and then into the corner. Razzle Dazzle from Kronus and then he slams Ray. FLYING ELBOW DROP FROM SATURN !!! Double Spin Kick to the back of the head of Devon. DOUBLE SPRINGBOARD MOONSAULT FROM SATURN !!! Kronus now with the big slam on Devon. 450 SPLASH FROM KRONUS !!! Double Kick from The Eliminators and then they signal for the end. TOTAL ELIMINATION ON RAY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

Match Winners : The Eliminators

Match Rating : *1/2

Match Comments : You've got to give credit as far as a showcase goes, because they did some spectacular shit in that match. The match really hasn't aged all that well though and it was still just an extended squash.

Match 2

Rob Van Dam vs. Lance Storm

The fans chant "You Sold Out!" at RVD. This was back in a time when he wasn't that popular. Lockup and into the corner they go and RVD works over Storm. Storm gets over RVD and then locks in the Headlock. Storm charges RVD down and then we have some flipping from both men. Clothesline from Storm. Forearm from Storm and then again. RVD goes to the Overhead Wristlock and then he takes down Storm. Springboard Cross Body gets a nearfall and then Storm is sent to the floor. SOMERSAULT PLANCHA OVER THE TOP FROM RVD !!! Back into the ring. Body Slam from RVD and then he heads for the top rope and lands a Leg Drop and that gets a two count for Mr. Monday Night. Storm with a Springboard Back Elbow to get back into the match. Front Suplex drops RVD on the top rope and then he gets sent to the floor. PESCADO FROM STORM ... MISSES !!! Storm gets sent into the railing and then RVD with a Moonsault Press off of the railing. Back into the ring they go and RVD has a chair. RVD brings a chair into the ring and sends Storm into the corner and then throws the chair at his face. Surfboard Dropkick with the chair from RVD. The fans are still on the back of RVD. Storm comes back into the match and then RVD lands a big Elevated Pedigree of sorts and heads for the top rope. FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH FROM RVD !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! RVD now heads for the floor and grabs a chair again. He hits Storm in the head with it. The Rolling Monkey Flip misses and Storm dumps him on his head on the chair. RVD now with forearms. Spinning Heel Kick misses for RVD and Storm hits one of his own. RVD into the corner and Storm with the Cartwheel Avalanche and then a Springboard Clothesline and that gets a two count. THE MAPLE LEAF FROM STORM !!! RVD finds the bottom rope. RVD into the ropes and then RVD hits the breaks. Storm onto the apron and he hits a pair of shoulder blocks, but RVD catches him and hits a Slingshot Guillotine Leg Drop. VAN DAMINATOR ... misses. SITDOWN POWERBOMB ON THE CHAIR FROM STORM !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Storm then heads for the top rope. GUILLOTINE LEG DROP SENDS RVD FACE FIRST INTO THE CHAIR !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Dropkick to the back of the head, but then RVD with a low blow and then he crotches Storm on the top rope and hits a Springboard Back Elbow, and the fans chant "You Fucked Up". I hate that chant. GERMAN SUPLEX FROM STORM !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Storm now has the chair and hits RVD rather feebly with it. VAN DAMINATOR FROM RVD !!! STANDING MOONSAULT !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!

Match Winner : Rob Van Dam

Match Rating : **3/4

Match Comments : Certainly not a horrible match here. Both guys just did a whole bunch of cool shit in order to get the crowd going and it certainly worked. Felt more like a gymnastics exhibition than a wrestling match at times, but it was still decent.

Match 3

The Great Sasuke, Gran Hamada and Masato Yakushiji vs. Terry Boy, Dick Togo and TAKA Michinoku

I don't think I've ever seen Masato Yakushiji other than in this match. The fans chant "Power Ranger" at poor Masato, although his ring gear IS hideous. Hamada and Taka are going to get this match going. Arm Drag from Hamada. Dropkick from Hamada and to the corner goes Taka. Body Slam from Hamada and then a Snapmare and in comes Masato with a Double Stomp to the back of the head. Body Slam and a Leg Drop gets a two count for Masato. Sasuke gets cheered when he comes in and he hits a series of kicks. Taka blocks a Suplex. In comes Terry Boy. He takes down Sasuke and now Togo comes in with a Cannonball Senton and we have some posing from the bWo! Sasuke into the ropes and a Spinebuster. Camel Clutch and Togo adds a Dropkick to the face. Elbow to the back of the head from Togo. HUGE Senton Splash from Togo gets a two count as Masato comes in. Rake to the eyes from Togo and then in comes Taka again. Taka with shots to the throat. Body Slam from Taka and then in comes Terry. Knees to the head from Terry. Stalling Vertical Suplex gets a two count for Terry and then back in comes Taka. Flapjack from Togo and Masato is in the deep stuff here. Rana from Masato and then he hits a Tilt-a-Whirl Arm Drag and then to the floor goes Togo and in comes Taka and the action speeds up. Another Arm Drag from Masato and then in come Hamada and Terry and we have a chop fest. Headbutt from Hamada and Terry gets into the corner. Hamada flips over Terry and gets the Fujiwara Armbar. In comes Taka to break. Taka hits his partner and then the Fujiwara Armbar from Hamada which he breaks. ARGH !!! Back Drop Suplex from Hamada and then in comes Sasuke. Double Back Elbow and then Sasuke with a Chinlock with added Body Scissors. Sasuke comes back into the match and he takes down Terry. We have some flippery and then Sasuke with a Cartwheel Cross Body and that gets a two count. In come Masato and Taka again. Into the corner though and this allows the bWo to take control of things and Masato gets dumped to the floor. Terry keeps dumping Masato to the floor. Masato with a Dropkick. SLIDING HEAD SCISSORS TO THE FLOOR ON TERRY !!! In comes Togo and Hamada. Dropkick to the head from Togo. Rana from Hamada gets a two count. Small Package from Hamada to counter a Suplex gets a two count. Now it's Taka that's on the wrong side of town. Sasuke's team just basically do a stereo bitchslap. TAKA COUNTERS A SINGLE LEG CRAB WITH THE ENZIGURI !!! That spot is still incredible. In comes Masato again and he just gets dumped to the floor. Sasuke into the corner and Taka lands a Flying Forearm and in comes Terry. Kicks to the gut and then a Double Bulldog from the bWo and then Taka adds a Dropkick to the face. The bWo then just mock the opponents. BRUTAL DROPKICK TO THE FACE FROM TOGO !!! Suplex from Togo and that gets a two count. Into the corner they go and Terry takes down Sasuke. THE SPINNING TOE HOLD FROM TERRY !!! BRUTAL DDT TO COUNTER A HIPTOSS FROM TERRY !!! In comes Taka again. Sasuke to the floor and in comes Masato. BRAINBUSTER FROM TAKA !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! In comes Terry now. Big Boot from Terry and then in comes Togo. DOUBLE KNEES FROM TAKA OVER THE KNEES OF TERRY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Body Slam from Togo and then he hits the second buckle and lands a Cannonball Senton and in comes Terry again. BACK DROP DRIVER DROPS MASATO ON HIS HEAD !!! ONE ! TWO ! HAMADA SAVES !!! Hamada now with Taka. Slap from Taka and then into the corner. Chokes with the boots from the bWo. SPIKE PILEDRIVER FROM THE BWO !!! In comes Masato. TRIPLE TEAM POWERBOMB FROM BWO !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... SASUKE SAVES !!! Sasuke into the ropes and then they botch something. Rana from Sasuke gets a two count. Sasuke into the ropes. DOUBLE MOONSAULT PRESS FROM SASUKE !!! Cartwheel. ASAI MOONSAULT FROM SASUKE TO TOGO !!! Hamada and Terry now in the ring. SUPER MANHATTAN DROP FROM TERRY !!! SPACEMAN PLANCHA FROM TAKA !!! MISSILE DROPKICK FROM MASATO TO TERRY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Snap Suplex from Masato. SECOND BUCKLE MOONSAULT !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! SWINGING DDT FROM TERRY !!! CHOKE BOMB FROM TERRY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... HAMADA SAVES !!! In comes Togo with a Powerslam and that gets a two count. Into the corner with Hamada and Togo runs into the boots. LEAPING SWINGING DDT FROM HAMADA !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! POWERBOMB FROM TOGO !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Body Slam and then Togo heads for the top rope. Sasuke puts a stop to that. SUPER RANA FROM HAMADA !!! Hamada does something on the floor. LEAPING RANA FROM MASATO !!! SUICIDE DIVE FROM MASATO TO TOGO !!! Sasuke and Taka in the ring now. Belly 2 Belly Suplex from Taka and then to the top rope. MISSILE DROPKICK TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD FROM TAKA !!! MICHINOKU DRIVER FROM TAKA !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... MASATO MAKES THE SAVE !!! Taka to the top rope. HE LEAPS RIGHT INTO THE DROPKICK !!! MOONSAULT PRESS FROM SASUKE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! SASUKE BOMB FROM SASUKE !!! TIGER SUPLEX !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

Match Winners : Team Sasuke

Match Rating : ****1/2

Match Comments : That was action, action and more action right there! Some of it was awkward and botched so I can't really go much higher than this, but other than that, this is a match which is well worth the hype that it has recieved.

Match 4

ECW Television Championship

Shane Douglas © w/ Francine vs. Pitbull #2

I can remember this being overlong shite. Which you can say for many of Shane Douglas' matches actually. Pitbull works over Douglas right off the bat and then Back Body Drop and then a Spinning Heel Kick and then a Clothesline and the music is still going. Turn the fucking music off! Front Facelock from Pitbull. Finally they turn it off. Low blow from Douglas and then Douglas into the ropes and he grabs Pitbull in a Front Facelock. Pitbull escapes that and gets a Headlock Takedown and a Side Headlock. Douglas comes back with rights and lefts and hits the ropes. Pitbull with a Drop Toe Hold and then goes to the Front Facelock. He's really working the neck of Douglas here. Against the ropes they go and we have a break. Pitbull does look like he wants to rip his head clean off with that Facelock so fair play. Douglas goes back to the Front Facelock of his own and Pitbull powers Douglas up and drops him on the top rope. Pitbull then bounces Douglas back into the ring. Douglas to the ropes and he avoids a Back Body Drop and then Pitbull with another low blow. Douglas into the ropes and a Manhattan Drop and then a Clothesline from Pitbull gets a two count. The Pitbull #1 is at front row. Pitbull chokes Douglas over the middle rope. Douglas to the ropes and he lands a Rana. Clothesline from Pitbull. Douglas avoids another Powerbomb and sends Pitbull over the top rope and to the floor. Back into the ring now and Douglas lands a Piledriver. Another Piledriver and back to the feet they go and Douglas then hits another. Seriously, if this doesn't end with a three count, it's a joke. Pitbull rolls towards the bottom rope and Douglas chokes him over the middle rope. Did they just do three Piledrivers as a midmatch nothing? Douglas shows some real power with a Delayed Vertical Suplex and then he locks in the Camel Clutch. Pitbull fights to his feet and then chokes Douglas and throws him into the corner. Right hands from Pitbull and then the Manhattan Drop again and a Clothesline. I could have sworn we have seen that exact same combo about three times already. Douglas tries a Springboard Cross Body and Pitbull catches him and lands more right hands. The Pitbull then dumps Douglas over the top rope and through the timekeeper's table. I like table spots that you didn't see coming. Pitbull then sends Douglas into the railing and then Pitbull #1 jumps the railing and lays into Douglas, but the security manage to stop him getting involved. Pitbull now throws a section of the guardrail into the ring and has it upright. Douglas avoids a Suplex and then drops Pitbull on the railing but they botched it. Low Headbutt from Douglas to make up for that. Douglas then gets the railing and drops it right down on top of Pitbull. Pitbull is sat on the railing and then a chair to the back from Douglas. Choke with the boot now from Douglas. Back into the ring they go and Douglas with right hands. Some of the fans are shouting "Boring" and they're not wrong. Right hands and lefts from Douglas and then Pitbull comes back into the match. Knee to the gut from Douglas and then a Running Elbow Drop. Body Slam from Douglas and then he heads for the top rope. Pitbull catches Douglas and sits him on the top rope. Douglas throws down Pitbull and then he jumps into the Dropkick from Pitbull. Douglas runs and hits the ropes and both men crash to the canvas and this is really not good. Pitbull grabs an arm and then Douglas into the ropes and then a Shoulder Tackle and a Clothesline from Pitbull. Powerslam from Pitbull and that gets a two count. Douglas taken down with the Back Elbow and that gets a two count. Douglas into the ropes and a Dropkick from Pitbull gets a two count. Gorilla Press Slam from Pitbull and then Francine hands Douglas something. LOADED RIGHT HAND FROM DOUGLAS AND AGAIN !!! Douglas then breaks a piece of table over the head of Pitbull and now Douglas has a chair. Chair across the back from Douglas and that gets a two count. Timekeeper's bell from Douglas and that gets a two count as well. Table broken over the head of Pitbull and that gets a two count. Pitbull battles to his feet and he's going mental now. Into the corner ad then chest first. DOUGLAS WITH THE TITLE BELT TO THE HEAD !!! AGAIN !!! Just make the fucking pin, will you? Douglas is going into his boot and he is looking for a chain. Pump Handle Slam from Pitbull and that gets a two count. Pitbull is now looking for the chain and he now has it. CHAIN TO THE HEAD !!! Chris Candido is now out there. DOUGLAS GETS A SCHOOL BOY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Short Arm Clothesline from Pitbull. BELLY 2 BELLY SUPLEX FROM DOUGLAS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

Match Winner : Shane Douglas

Match Rating : DUD

Match Comments : I can't remember wanting to see a match end so badly for a long time.

Match 5

Sabu vs. Taz

Joey Styles sums this up saying there's a whole lot of bad attitude in the ring right now. They stare at each other for a bit. Is someone gonna do something here or what? The fans are almost begging for some action. Taz slaps Sabu and then they exchange. Clothesline from Taz. Sabu gets to the floor pretty quickly here. Sabu is going after Fonz, and then goes back into the ring. TAZMISSION FROM TAZ ... Sabu manages to block that. Taz looks for an arm and goes behind. Reversals and then Taz looks for the T-Bone Tazplex but then decides to go to the Ankle Pick instead. Sabu grabs a leg and Taz manages to stop that from happening. Taz then shouts at Sabu for a bit. Sabu goes for the leg and now Taz lands the Crossface Forearms and then adds a Body Scissors. He continues to add those forearms. Sabu finally manages to escape but not before he gets his nose busted by one of them shots. Sabu is just completely out of this right now. Sabu holds his nose and it must be pretty damaged. Sabu is not a happy chappy now. He gets back into the ring and Dropkicks the knee and then lands a Springboard Leg Lariat to the seated Taz and he heads for the floor. Baseball Slide from Sabu and then he dumps Taz over the railing and then grabs a chair and throws it into the ring. THE TRIPLE JUMP PLANCHA OVER THE RAILING FROM SABU ONTO TAZ !!! Fonzie is going MENTAL in the ring. Taz and Sabu now do battle in the crowd. We can hardly see anything here. We finally get a look at what they're doing. Sabu sends Taz into the railing. Sabu springs off of a chair and lands on the railing and then Taz sends him back to the ringside area with a Clothesline. Taz stomps on Sabu some more and then back into the ring they go. Sabu attempts a fight back, but Taz sends him into the ropes and gets a Drop Toe Hold and then locks in a Chinlock. He also has the leg of Sabu trapped to make life a bit more difficult, but Sabu comes back into the match again. Sabu now with right hands, but Tazz with the takedown and now he unloads with rights and lefts. Taz now goes to the Cross Armbreaker. Sabu manages to find the bottom rope. Sabu with the Enziguri. Somersault Leg Drop off of the second rope to the back of the head now. Into the corner and Sabu with right hands and then he gets another chair. Chair to the head of Taz. AIR SABU !!! Hot Shot then drops Sabu face first on the chair. Sabu's face is taking a bit of a beating here. Back to the feet they go and a HUGE Clothesline from Taz. The fans were taken aback by that and that gets a two count. Spinebuster from Taz now. Sabu dumps Taz to the floor and this is where Sabu is at his best. TRIPLE JUMP PLANCHA ... MISSES !!! BELLY 2 BELLY TAZPLEX SENDS SABU INTO THE CROWD !!! Back into the ring they go. There's a table bridged between the apron and the railing as well. Taz is now on the apron and both men are battling on there. Taz gets put on a chair. TORNADO DDT THROUGH THE TABLE ... BLOCKED AND SABU GETS SENT CRASHING THROUGH THE TABLE !!! Sabu and Taz now doing battle on the floor and back into the ring they go. Stomp and a Dropkick from Sabu. Both men still exchange punches. Sabu tries to come back with uppercuts but that doesn't work for him. Stomp to the head from Sabu and then into the corner they go and Taz is set on the top rope. TOP ROPE RANA FROM SABU !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Sabu now heads for the top rope. LEG DROP OFF OF THE RING POST FROM SABU !!! Taz heads for the floor again. He somehow gets the control out there. COBRA CLUTCH SUPLEX FROM TAZ !!! HEADLOCK TAZPLEX !!! Sabu with a T-Bone Suplex of his own. Taz is just standing there with his arms folded. THE TAZMISSION FROM SABU !!! BACK DROP DRIVER TO COUNTER FROM TAZ !!! Exploder Suplex from Taz as well. Sabu is just getting ragdolled now. TAZMISSION FROM TAZ !!! SABU IS OUT !!!

Match Winner : Taz

Match Rating : ***1/2

Match Comments : Once they got into the final stretch, it did have the sense of the heated grudge match that they were going for, but for most of the match it was just a bit soul-less for what they were going for.

Match 6

#1 Contender's Match

Stevie Richards vs. The Sandman vs. Terry Funk

Funk is over like rover here. Sandman offers a drink to Funk, and Funk respectfully declines. Sandman spits beer in the face of Richards. Okay, maybe that should signal that a wrestling match is going to break out in the next couple of minutes. Elimination rules for this match now. Three way Headlock and then Richards gets taken down. Funk and Richards lockup and Sandman with a kick to the ribs. Chops from Funk and Sandman and Richards is fighting back. Kick to the gut from Richards and then Funk gets involved. There's LOTS of hard chopping going on here. Funk and Sandman lockup now and Funk with chops to him. Sandman chops Funk and then Funk knocks down Sandman. THE SPINNING TOE HOLD FROM FUNK ... Richards stops that and then lands an Elbow Drop as does Sandman. Richards and Sandman work over Funk. Leg Drop from Richards with the assist from Sandman and that gets a two count. Back Drop Suplex from Sandman and that's a double cross! bWo are not amused by that. f**k them, I liked it. Sandman is going to look for something. Funk with a Neckbreaker on Richards and then another. He completes the hat trick. Fucking hell, he's still going. Sandman has now turned up with a ladder. SANDMAN THROWS THE LADDER IN THE RING AND IT BRAINS FUNK !!! HOLY SHIT !!! Ladder Suplex onto Richards. LADDER TO THE HEAD OF FUNK !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Sandman now las a ladder set up in the corner. DDT from Sandman to Richards and then he heads for the top rope on the other side of the ladder. Funk climbs the ladder and Sandman with right hands. Funk now fights back. FUNK WITH A MOONSAULT OFF OF THE LADDER ONTO RICHARDS !!! Sandman brings the ladder down across Richards. Sandman with left hands and he's working over Funk. Funk fell face first into the ladder btw. Sandman is slammed on top of Funk. That was just completely reckless, but also very cool. DROPKICK SENDS THE LADDER INTO THE FACE OF SANDMAN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! SANDMAN GETS LAUNCHED UPSIDE DOWN INTO THE LADDER !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Kick to the head from Richards and then the fans chant bWo. The Sandman has the ladder ready and then just drops an elbow on Funk. Sandman works over Funk and then goes up the ladder. That just doesn't look very good. FUNK PUSHES BOTH MEN CRASHING INTO THE ROPES !!! FUNK DOES THE SPINNING LADDER SPOT !!! The fans are enjoying this. Dreamer slips up, calling it a "Hard Way Dance" and Joey Styles saves the day by noting "hard way is right!". Good work Styles! Funk gets his head slammed into the ladder and then Richards to the top rope. RICHARDS SENDS THE LADDER INTO THE FACE OF BOTH RICHARDS AND FUNK !!! That was a bit contrived there. THE STEVIE KICK FROM RICHARDS TO SANDMAN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOOOUUUTTTT !!! STEVIE KICK TO FUNK !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... SANDMAN MAKES THE SAVE !!! Sandman drops the ladder on Richards and then dumps him into the front row. Left hands from Sandman to both men now and then he has a ladder. Sandman jumps over the top rope and sends the ladder into the face of Richards. This is mental. Chair to the head from Funk to both men now. BRUTAL last chair shot after a couple of shitter. The Sandman has headed for the back again and he's bringing out a trashcan this time. Just because he can. THE TRASHCAN SMACKS FUNK RIGHT IN THE HEAD !!! FUNK JUST FUCKING GOES THROUGH IT !!! HAHAHAHA !!! This is great! The Sandman is getting angry with the trashcan now. Poor trashcan. :( SUPLEX INTO THE TRASHCAN FROM SANDMAN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Dreamer talks up Richards. SPIKE PILEDRIVER FROM THE BABYFACES !!! The match is kinda breaking down. SLINGSHOT LEG DROP FROM SANDMAN WITH THE LADDER !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Sandman is now with the ladder and he puts it against the ropes. THE SANDMAN LAUNCHES THE LADDER AT RICHARDS AND IT COMES BACK AND SMACKS HIM RIGHT IN THE FACE !!! SWEET JESUS !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! DOUBLE POWERBOMB !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

So we come down to The Sandman and Terry Funk now. Sandman gets dumped to the floor and Funk then goes out to meet him. Sandman is busted open. I think he might have been busted before the match started actually. I can't remember seeing him WITHOUT the cut. Sandman has barbed wire and he sends it into the ring. This is going to be brutal. Trashcan over the head from Funk. Right hands from Funk and then the big left sends down Sandman. He now has the barbed wire. FUNK WHIPS THE SANDMAN WITH THE BARBED WIRE !!! EEEEWWWWW !!! Metal to the head of Funk. Sandman now wraps himself in barbed wire and runs into Funk again and again. Sandman with the Top Rope Legdrop and that gets a two count. STEVIE KICK FROM RICHARDS WITH THE TRASHCAN !!! FUNK WITH THE MOONSAULT !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

Match Winner : Terry Funk

Match Rating : ***

Match Comments : When the three guys were in there, that was a brilliant advert for what ECW is all about as they were just murdering each other with all sorts of mental shit. When Richards was eliminated it all kinda went to hell, but still, this is well worth a watch.

Match 7

ECW Heavyweight Championship

Raven © vs. Terry Funk

Raven now has the belt and he hits Funk with it. Raven now gets a chair and has it in the seated position and then the Drop Toe Hold sends him face first into the chair. Tommy Dreamer has thrown the toys out of the pram and doesn't want to commentate on the match anymore. Stomps to the head from Raven and Funk is now busted open. The fans are going MENTAL for Funk, who is now bleeding buckets. They then want Tommy Dreamer involved, and he says that he isn't going to do anything. Funk swings for the fences and then just falls to the canvas. Raven now gets a table ready. The doctor is back in the ring and Raven drags him out. That's one way to stop the match getting stopped. Raven drops the table down on Funk and then he brings out another table. Funk is now laid on the table. RAVEN JUMPS OVER THE TOP ROPE AND SENDS FUNK CRASHING THROUGH THE TABLE !!! Raven is now waving people to the ring. What's going on? I thought Dreamer didn't want to commentate? Raven has brought out a bunch of wrestlers. Reggie Bennett(?) lands a pure shit Powerbomb on Funk. Raven says he's gonna end Funk's career and Dreamer has finally had enough of this. Raven dares Dreamer to come out. Big Dick Dudley hits Dreamer with a trashcan. EVENFLOW DDT ON THE REFEREE !!! Why on earth did he do that? DREAMER SENDS DUDLEY OFF OF THE STAGE THROUGH THE TABLES !!! HOLY SHIT !!! THE FANS GO MENTAL !!! Tommy Dreamer is now heading for the ring and he gets into the ring. DDT FROM DREAMER !!! THE FANS ARE GOING MENTAL !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOOOUUUTTTT !!! SMALL PACKAGE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

Match Winner : Terry Funk

Match Rating : **1/2

Match Comments : Not much of a match to be had here, but I challenge ANYONE to tell me that this isn't one of the most pleasing matches you're likely to find anywhere. A great way to end a PPV.

As a showcase, it worked brilliantly. It basically highlighted all of the main strengths that ECW had at the time. It had the international talent in the six man tag which ECW had liked to bring in over the years, it had the absolutely mental hardcore stuff which the three way provided and also had some good spotfests. Of course, there was also the highlighting of the fact that Shane Douglas had way too many overlong matches, but that's a minor gripe. It's a cracking wee PPV.

He's still scheduled to work Ring of Honor shows at the moment though.

I'd imagine he'd just have to fulfil his indy dates before appearing on WWE television. It seems like it was a last minute thing with him ending up doing the dark match.

I'd imagine he'd just have to fulfil his indy dates before appearing on WWE television. It seems like it was a last minute thing with him ending up doing the dark match.

WWE can pull the guys off of the indy shows, but they don't like to do that anymore. And they don't tend to limit what the guys can do on the indies too which is kinda cool. Watch Daniel Bryan's matches in Dragon Gate USA when he was the US Champ. Probably among his best work and his most brutal too. It was as if he was making some kind of point.

Of course, that's assuming WWE are even interested in Shelton. I'd imagine it was a wee one off deal. Shelton will no doubt be thankful that WWE gave him such an oppertunity and would do any favour asked of him.