The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Exact same as me, mate.

Makes sense now, have Rock cost Cena and setup for next Mania. I'd put my (fictitious) house on Cena beating Rock.

Could be good if Punk is facing Taker for the streak as well.

It'll be HHH-Taker again I think, especially since they acknowledged the WM17 match last night. Miz-Austin a possibility after last night? Or will they do that much earlier?

It'll be HHH-Taker again I think, especially since they acknowledged the WM17 match last night. Miz-Austin a possibility after last night? Or will they do that much earlier?

Doubt Austin will be able to go for one more, his reason for leaving was health related unlike the Rock.(probably why he doesn't draw as much heat as the Rock for leaving)

I'm really glad they're going to take a ful year to build this up. It's alot better than the usual two week long feuds we have now a days. In my opinion even a month isn't really long enough. You've got the two best talkers in the business going to be going back and forth for the next year which is going to be great.

Punk

Anderson

Flair

Cole

For starters. FWIW I think Cena is very good on the mic.

Yeah I'd totally forgotten about them, especially Punk for some reason :lol: I am truly a tool today.

Flair and Cole? You're having a laugh! Anderson isn't much better than those two at the moment. Flair may have been good back in the day, but now he's an utter embarrassment to himself and wrestling. If he was a dog he would have shot a while back. Cole is just awful.

Flair and Cole? You're having a laugh! Anderson isn't much better than those two at the moment. Flair may have been good back in the day, but now he's an utter embarrassment to himself and wrestling. If he was a dog he would have shot a while back. Cole is just awful.

Even the Hero of the Day was chuckling at Cole's one liners during Mania. Michael Cole is one of the best things in pro wrestling today.

Anyone seen the HOF yet? When HHH cracks a joke about HBK's going bald and you see Austin howling with laughter, I'm sure Flair is sitting a couple rows back rolling about too.

He's never directly on camera as obviously he's still a TNA guy, but I thought his departure from the WWE wasn't on great terms, much like Mick Foley's, so I'm surprised that he would have attended, even if it was out of support for Michaels. In saying that though, McMahon is notorious for getting bygones be bygones. To the extent that I'm hoping Savage is in the HOF next year as they seem to be slowly rebuilding that bridge. Of course I may well be mistaken and it wasn't Flair but just someone who looked like him.

Edited by djchapsticks

Anyone seen the HOF yet? When HHH cracks a joke about HBK's going bald and you see Austin howling with laughter, I'm sure Flair is sitting a couple rows back rolling about too.

He's never directly on camera as obviously he's still a TNA guy, but I thought his departure from the WWE wasn't on great terms, much like Mick Foley's, so I'm surprised that he would have attended, even if it was out of support for Michaels. Of course I may well be mistaken and it wasn't him.

he was there at some point anyway

He's never directly on camera as obviously he's still a TNA guy, but I thought his departure from the WWE wasn't on great terms, much like Mick Foley's, so I'm surprised that he would have attended, even if it was out of support for Michaels. In saying that though, McMahon is notorious for getting bygones be bygones. To the extent that I'm hoping Savage is in the HOF next year as they seem to be slowly rebuilding that bridge. Of course I may well be mistaken and it wasn't Flair but just someone who looked like him.

Next year it'll be the Rock going into the HoF.

If this is for real im going to WM 28 don't know how and don't care im getting there.

As am I, most likely this will be the Rock's last match. If not it will be his last big one. No chance am I missing my childhood hero in a Wrestlemania match, something I thought I'd never ever have the chance to see again.

What's with the Gertner post? Not that I'm complaining, he's one of the best things ever in pro wrestling!

The sexual intellectual needs no introduction.

Even the Hero of the Day was chuckling at Cole's one liners during Mania. Michael Cole is one of the best things in pro wrestling today.

WHat did I laugh at, there was a good bit of chemistry between Matthews and Cole. Nothing on Heyman and JR

Next Years Wrestlemania/big feuds this year the WWE are building towards are apparantly:

The Rock vs John Cena

Undertaker vs Chris Jericho

Edge vs Daniel Bryan

Wade Barrett vs John Morrison

Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cera

Sheamus vs Christian

The Miz vs Alberto Del Rio

Although that can obvisouly be taken with a pinch on salt and likely to change to some degree

Edited by gordon the gopher

Surely I can't be alone thinking that announcing the Rock vs Cena for next years Wrestlemania is a completely retarded decision? I'm all for long fueds with a meaningful climax but this is TNA stupidness.

I suppose this could have many twists and turns, the Rock showing up on Raw every so often to remind everyone of the match. Cena could invade the set of the Rock's latest film and do some trash talking. Make it a real slow burner........ Except this is the WWE and more specifically this is John Cena. It's likely to be very poorly executed with a rubbish pay off at next years event.

Aye, I watched Tough Enough after RAW (half asleep) but it was pretty good. I loved Stone Cold's ways of talking to the contestants - he's taking no shit! Bill DeMott giving them all stupid nicknames was funny as well.

The woman that got put out was pathetic (whats your favourite match ever? emmm one with Melina and Alicia Fox :lol: ). The other woman who claimed to have 11 years experience was almost as bad! And yon big Eric guy was funny staggering about the ring which was a shame as he has a good look for the WWE.

EDIT for typos - i'm clearly half asleep now as well!

Edited by garymcc1874