The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

And again, what's the point of a TV champion if the champion is never on TV?! Yes, I know he was on last night, but that was for about 20 seconds.

What was even stupider that they stripped Abyss of the title for not being on TV then bring him back the next week. And he has done nothing to Crimson who took him out.

Val always seems a genuinely decent bloke in the out of character interviews I've seen.

Is he working in a coffee shop there....? :blink:

He's desperately trying to stay relevant and talked about. He's working on the indies and needs to maintain name value.

I've decided after being stupid enough to f**k the scoring three times over again, that I want nothing to do with the prediction league. I'm sorry guys, but I don't have the maths or the patience for it. :(

Smackdown Post Show, tribute for Edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp_WRWReKb8

Bit weird HHH getting his own music to come down though, nothing to do with Edge atm. Nice to see them break character though, pretty sure I saw Heath Slater on the ramp.

Possibly because HHH isnt on the SD roster just now? So its like a wee surprise or something, I dont know. Nice wee tribute though. Im gutted about Edge, hes been one of the most consistent performers of the last decade. Seems like a pretty sensible guy as well, glad he made the choice to quit while he was still healthy.

Smackdown Post Show, tribute for Edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp_WRWReKb8

Bit weird HHH getting his own music to come down though, nothing to do with Edge atm. Nice to see them break character though, pretty sure I saw Heath Slater on the ramp.

Why would that be a surprise or am I missing something?

Why would that be a surprise or am I missing something?

Because WWE or Vince is very big on keeping the illusion that it's real(the stories). Vince was supposedly really pissed when photos of Taker's wedding surfaced(it's the reason why he doesn't do interviews and stuff) so for them to break character and have a heel applaude a face is a nice move from Vince, really shows his gratitude for Edge.

Because WWE or Vince is very big on keeping the illusion that it's real(the stories). Vince was supposedly really pissed when photos of Taker's wedding surfaced(it's the reason why he doesn't do interviews and stuff) so for them to break character and have a heel applaude a face is a nice move from Vince, really shows his gratitude for Edge.

It was the same when Flair retired 'Taker came out and gave him a hug. Before that I don't think 'Taker had come out for anything, not even deaths i.e. Owen Hart, Eddie and Benoit. It's very, very rare that he comes out for anything that isn't a promo or a match.

Sin Cara won't speak, I don't think. I can't see him getting a manager either but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Anyone else play the Football Manager of wrestling, EWR?

No, but I will be looking to do so now.

Do I just download this from the web? Any good? Can you provide a link to the most recent one?

Best GM thing I've played was in Smackdown 07 or 08 (the first time they put this as part of the game) and it was good - they fucked it up after that.

That video is actually part of Smackdown btw.

Anyone else think they're making this seem like he's dead?

Seems so, these are ones that must be done by WWE so I dunno how long they'll work for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_pIEpb0i7k&feature=player_embedded#at=28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJYYVSYSIhc&feature=player_embedded

I'm they're doing it like that, better that than they just say "cheers, cya later". Because he's retiring a lot earlier than he should/would have then he deserves it. Taker is 46 and HHH is 41, even Shawn Michaels is 45, so you'd think him only being 37 he'd have a good five or so years left in him before he even thought about it.

It was the same when Flair retired 'Taker came out and gave him a hug. Before that I don't think 'Taker had come out for anything, not even deaths i.e. Owen Hart, Eddie and Benoit. It's very, very rare that he comes out for anything that isn't a promo or a match.

Taker coming out for Flair wasn't televised either.

I'm they're doing it like that, better that than they just say "cheers, cya later". Because he's retiring a lot earlier than he should/would have then he deserves it. Taker is 46 and HHH is 41, even Shawn Michaels is 45, so you'd think him only being 37 he'd have a good five or so years left in him before he even thought about it.

The bumps he's taken over the years will have destroyed his back, I'm not too surprised at this.

Was one of the Wrestlemania revenge tour events at Braehead shopping centre in Glasgow last night. Was in the food court and the queue was so bloody long! Would probably have got tickets had I known it was on. Went to one a few years ago and it was fantastic. Did anyone go?

Was one of the Wrestlemania revenge tour events at Braehead shopping centre in Glasgow last night. Was in the food court and the queue was so bloody long! Would probably have got tickets had I known it was on. Went to one a few years ago and it was fantastic. Did anyone go?

There was an event on. I didn't go though.

What was even stupider that they stripped Abyss of the title for not being on TV then bring him back the next week. And he has done nothing to Crimson who took him out.

Aye good point! Morons.They've just made a TV title because they're copying WCW and ECW who did it but hvae no clue what they're going to do with it. Like how they're ripping off ECW with the whole 'network' angle, but are just blundering around with it clueless as to what they actually are going to do.

Edge had to retire or else one wrong bump and he could be paralysed. Taker, HHH and HBK are old and banged up, but not in a major way. HBK had back problems, but ones that were manageable and he was able to do something about. Edge has had to had spinal fusion surgery, i.e. three of this spinal vertebrae have had to be fused together (can't mind what ones in what section). This will limit movement somewhat and poses a risk to the spinal cord itself if the wrong kind of injury occurs. HBK, HHH and Taker can all still take bumps and not risk being paralysed. Look what happened to Mishwara (I think that's how you spell it!); one wrong bump and he died in the ring.

Aye good point! Morons.They've just made a TV title because they're copying WCW and ECW who did it but hvae no clue what they're going to do with it. Like how they're ripping off ECW with the whole 'network' angle, but are just blundering around with it clueless as to what they actually are going to do.

Edge had to retire or else one wrong bump and he could be paralysed. Taker, HHH and HBK are old and banged up, but not in a major way. HBK had back problems, but ones that were manageable and he was able to do something about. Edge has had to had spinal fusion surgery, i.e. three of this spinal vertebrae have had to be fused together (can't mind what ones in what section). This will limit movement somewhat and poses a risk to the spinal cord itself if the wrong kind of injury occurs. HBK, HHH and Taker can all still take bumps and not risk being paralysed. Look what happened to Mishwara (I think that's how you spell it!); one wrong bump and he died in the ring.

It's TNA's version of the anonymous GM. I disagree though, TNA know what their doing. Hogan said something about them always being one step ahead and that he must have a wrestling knowledge so it's obviously a retired wrestler.(would be amazing if it was Edge!) it's probably Foley then.

I know why he retired and I'm glad he did. My point was that he deserves to have a send off that isn't restricted by who's a face and who's a heel because he's retired prematurely.

It's TNA's version of the anonymous GM. I disagree though, TNA know what their doing. Hogan said something about them always being one step ahead and that he must have a wrestling knowledge so it's obviously a retired wrestler.(would be amazing if it was Edge!) it's probably Foley then.

I know why he retired and I'm glad he did. My point was that he deserves to have a send off that isn't restricted by who's a face and who's a heel because he's retired prematurely.

What you on about, Brodus Clay and Ricardo Rodriguez were clappin on the entrance ramp just like everyone else.