The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Have I missed anything? Turned the telly (lol jk, stream) on as Kharma was coming out.

It started with Del Rio coming out demanding a title shot, then Miz or Rey came out to contest it, followed by the other one. Then R Truth walked down. All were demanding a title shot for various reasons. Then the GM emailed in and said that Rey, Del Rio and Miz would contest for the title shot later on. Truth left and Riley hit Del Rio, so Rodriguez dropkicked Riley and Miz went after him. So Del Rio cleaned out Miz. Rey then jumped over the ropes and hit Del Rio.

Kelly Kelly pinned one of the Bellas in a tag match with Eve Torres and the other Bellas before Kharma came out.

I'm a week behind on Tough Enough so have just seen Skidmark getting eliminated.

I want to see a Bill Demott and Skidmark tag team in the WWE. Skidmark could start the matches off and do his shitey selling of moves and crap offense. Bill could be seen getting angrier and angrier on the apron, eventually shouting "Get the hell out of my ring", tagging himself in and destroying whoever was in the ring. In backstage interviews Skidmark could be asked a question only for Bill to grab the mic off him, shouting "shut up" in the process. Basically have Skidmark get bitched about. This happens for a few weeks, with them eventually winning the tag titles. One week Bill could be in the ring himself cutting a promo on how he carries the team, Skidmark's a fanny etc when he gets attacked by some tag team (the Usos or whatever shite they have these days), with Skidmark coming out to make the save. Skidmark picks up a couple of wins and Bill starts to respect him. They could then go on to have an Orlando Jordan/Eric Young type tag team (this bit I'm not so sure on).

http://www.megavideo.com/v/253PUGL1eeedb30a34abf7ee4c66e45d8a4261fa

Ok, I can't actually embed the video but that's the link to last night's Tough Enough.

My thoughts on it

Called that AJ, Eric and Eve would be in the bottom three. Was really surprised that Eve went, until Austin said he was gonna take a second and I remembered someone said last week there'd be a double elimination.

Eric deserved to go, he was horribly unfit and couldn't keep up.

I'm not sure who I'd cut next. I've not been impressed by Andy, I get that he isn't a big guy so he's not at home up top but even in the ring I've not seen anything to make him stand out. Jeremiah might be "green", as the trainers call it, but he looks like he's got the passion. AJ needs to step it up after this week. Luke and Martin have been pretty solid. Christina is a diva so will probably stay in until at least next week.

Edited by forehead7

WWE RAW

I'm gonna bullet point on this as I watch. I liked doing it before so I'm gonna do it again.

* Alberto Del Rio? As good a way to start a show as any I suppose.

* He basically says a bunch of crap which amounts to "I want John Cena" untill Rey Mysterio comes out to bless us with HIS shit mic skills.

* Rey says that Del Rio's destiny is to one day be the personal ring announcer of Ricardo Rodriguez. That doesn't even make sense. He challenges Del Rio to a match though.

* The Miz comes out with Alex Riley, clearly to save this segment. "Really?" has become a cracking catchphrase for The Miz. The Miz blames A-Ri for the loss last week. ADR says that The Miz never got the job done.

* The Truth gets his two cents into this little game. "What?" rears it's head. R-Truth hates hospital food. This better be fucking going somewhere. He manages to wrench in the fact that John Morrison is injured. Ah, there we are. He also works in a WWE.com shill. "P.S. Hospital food gives you constipation." :lol: So childish but so bad it's funny.

* I love R-Truth's "I'm doing you all a favour." tone in this promo actually as he says he's going to send them all to the hospital. "When an angry black man is talking, y'all need to shut it up!" :lol: His segment here is fantastic. It all amounts to him wanting John Cena.

* AOL GM makes his appearance. He says that Alberto Del Rio, The Miz and Rey Mysterio are going to have a triple threat match to see who goes onto face John Cena. R-Truth is RAGING. Truth leaves and the fans sing to him. :D R-Truth was the highlight of that promo there.

* Oh, The Miz isn't finished? Riley floors Rio and Rodriguez gets involved. Rey gets involved with it and is left standing.

================================================

The Bellas vs. Eve Torres and Kelly Kelly

* Check out the pure silence that Eve is met with, and then the pop for Kelly Kelly. Okay, so it's not major, but it's sizeable for a diva. Will she be in diva title matches soon?

* Sloppy much? Don't do awkward double teams if you can't do them. Kelly Kelly on the other hand seems to know how to do some decent moves. Small Package gets the three.

* Too short to be anything really, but The Bellas STILL managed to look shit. N/A

* Kharma makes her way to the ring. The Bellas do a runner. Eve and Kelly are still there though. Daft bints. Kelly does a runner when Eve gets lamped. Kharma hits her Elevated Pedigree. She's like Goldberg, except she can wrestle!

Mason Ryan w/ CM Punk vs. Kane w/ The Big Show

* They do a great job of putting over the strength of Mason Ryan. It's not as impressive when he struggles to get Kane onto his shoulder when many have done it in the past though

* The Big Show knocks out CM Punk. The New Nexus hit the ring and we get a no contest. N/A

* The Big Show and Kane land the Double Chokeslam on Mason Ryan post match. That wasn't a great segment but it got the point across so fair play.

Santino Marella vs. Dolph Ziggler w/ Vickie Guerrero

* Ah, right, take all of the uniqueness and character away from Ziggler. That's sure going to help him WWE. Another one of the cookie cutters like the majority of the roster.

* Ziggler does the whole "I'm now aggressive" schtick which has failed to put hundreds over in the past.

* Santino goes for the Cobra, but gets BRAINED with a Dropkick and then he finishes the match with the Zig Zag. Erm... that wasn't very good either. Come on RAW. N/A

* Backstage we have R-Truth leaving and some bloke catches up to him. He says nobody takes him seriously, and that's going to change. Chip on shoulder!

* Alex Riley says that he did it all for The Miz last week. The Miz is raging though. Alex Riley says he's gonna make it up to The Miz and then heads for the ring and wants John Cena out there and he comes out.

Alex Riley vs. John Cena

* Riley is clearly pissed off with how things are going and lays it on John Cena big time.

* Cena is about to hit something but The Miz hits the ramp. Cena hits the Attitude Adjustment anyways. He then hits a second and then the STF and Riley taps.

* Not much more than an extended squash but there was a bit of fire in it so points for that at least. *

* Now Michael Cole is in the ring and he has a very important announcement tonight.

* He says he can't do anything more in the ring and he is retiring from in-ring competition. He is retiring as the only undefeated superstar in WWE history. He wants to be inducted to the HoF as a duel broadcaster/wrestler.

* Jerry Lawler gets into the ring and Cole reminds him he can't touch him. Lawler then reminds us all that The Rock laid on a beating on Cole last week. Lawler then challenges Cole, and says if Cole wins, he'll personally induct him to the HoF and give him the HoF ring.

* Michael Cole isn't tempted enough by that challenge though. Smart guy! He accuses Lawler of stealing the spotlight. Cole uses George W. Bush for heel heat. :lol: The promo basically amounts to Cole letting people know that there's no way he's wrestling again but to be fair, he can sure work a mic. "Lawler, what did you do for mother's day?"

* Lawler goes after Cole again and Swagger attacks from behind. It's a point that's been made on here before, but why focus such energy on making someone into such a dickhead heel that isn't a wrestler? If they could do this with a Miz or Del Rio, it'd be great.

Kofi Kingston © vs. Jack Swagger - WWE United States Championship

* The match is incredibly dull for the most part actually. It's like they're trying to go indy on us, but the reversals are dull.

* After the break, things step up a bit. Does my head in when people work on the knee when they want an Ankle Lock. I know there's only so much you can do with the ankle, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

* Jerry Lawler comes onto the ramp and that's enough for Kofi to hit Trouble in Paradise to win.

* Not a great match really. *3/4

* Lawler hits the ring post match and goes after Cole again and rams his head off of the Cole Mine using his tie. The face of Cole against the glass is BRILLIANT. Referees eventually pull Lawler away. Swagger goes in to check on Cole.

* Jack Swagger says Cole is fired, but Lawler said he only touched Michael Cole's tie. Jack Swagger accepts Lawler's challenge from earlier and Cole is like "WHAT?!". Great stuff here. Shame the match will be crap.

Alberto Del Rio vs. The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio - #1 Contender's Match

* I love that spot where Rey gets slid to the floor and lands on his face.

* The match has some cracking exchanges and when all three men are involved, we see some good action, but when they start doing the "take one guy out", the match takes a huge downward step.

* The final stretch doesn't do much to raise the pulses either, other than when Rio locks in the Cross Armbreaker. You just KNEW A-Ri was gonna save the day, which he did and Miz wins.

* Pretty average triple threat stuff. **

* John Cena comes onto the ramp and says it's an I Quit Match at Over the Limit. We knew that.

Edited by DomDom

:lol:

Just watched RAW and I had a good laugh at Riley's face when he was in the STF. The fake tan didn't really work this week. Am I the only one who is had enough of the Lawler Cole feud? Although it looks like it's coming to end at Over The Limits.

Think a lot of folk are becoming pretty bored with WWE now. The same old pish again and again, and it's not like they don't have new talent. They have chosen not to elevate new(er) talent and have had guys like Cena and Orton easily beat everyone (just look at thier respective 'feuds' with Nexus). The Miz was never built up as a credible champion and will probably fall back down the card. Poor banter.

:lol:

Just watched RAW and I had a good laugh at Riley's face when he was in the STF. The fake tan didn't really work this week. Am I the only one who is had enough of the Lawler Cole feud? Although it looks like it's coming to end at Over The Limits.

I'm fed up with all the feuds. I haven't watched Smackdown yet but every other feud is just boring. They've already had Cena/Miz, Del Rio/Rey and Punk/Big Show in the past couple of months. They've also has Swagger and Kingston feud recently and Cole/Lawler is gone on way too long.

That was pretty much the whole show of Raw minus the women and R Truth being quite entertaining.