The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Really? I thought that was some poor selling from Show, was pretty obvious he wasn't injured. The Miz and Sin Cara were the only ones I thought could have been injured. Sin Cara because I expected him to come back out after being stretchered off and didn't. Although I then thought The Miz wouldn't come back out and he did so what the f**k do I know? :lol:

I knew Big Show's wasn't legit.

I'm not sure, because I've never been in pain like that, but he wasn't moving and then was writhing(sp?) in pain just after it.

on the Punk/Austin thing, he's not at Austin's status. But I think he's better, he's a better wrestler and a better mic worker IMO.

Edited by forehead7

I knew Big Show's wasn't legit.

I'm not sure, because I've never been in pain like that, but he wasn't moving and then was writhing(sp?) in pain just after it.

on the Punk/Austin thing, he's not at Austin's status. But I think he's better, he's a better wrestler and a better mic worker IMO.

I'm not saying he's there. I'm saying he's on his way to being there.

A feud with the boss that prompted a great deal of laugh out load moments.

He doesn't need to copy him verbatim to be better than him.

People consider Laurence Olivier to be the greatest actor of all time, does the person who's going to usurp him have to play Lawrence of Arabia better than him? I tried to think of a football analogy but I couldn't and acting comes pretty close to the subject matter.

Edited by ginge123

Just finished watching MITB (downloaded it while at work) and that was quite simply the best PPV I've seen in years.

I really hope they go all the way with this angle and don't bottle out of it early, WWE are on the cusp of not only having the best wrestling angle there's been in years, but are also - in CM Punk - on the verge of having the next MEGA star of wrestling. I have no doubt that Punk has absolutely everything necessary to be the biggest star in wrestling for years to come in the Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold bracket, just needs not to have the ball taken off him. Can't wait to find out what happens on Raw tonight.

I'm not saying he's there. I'm saying he's on his way to being there.

He doesn't need to copy him verbatim to be better than him.

People consider Laurence Olivier to be the greatest actor of all time, does the person who's going to usurp him have to play Lawrence of Arabia better than him? I tried to think of a football analogy but I couldn't and acting comes pretty close to the subject matter.

Peter O Toole was Lawrence of Arabia.

Who does? I've always assumed people considered Marlon Brando to be the best actor of all time. I'd even say Errol Flynn was a better actor than Olivier.

Just finished watching MITB (downloaded it while at work) and that was quite simply the best PPV I've seen in years.

I really hope they go all the way with this angle and don't bottle out of it early, WWE are on the cusp of not only having the best wrestling angle there's been in years, but are also - in CM Punk - on the verge of having the next MEGA star of wrestling. I have no doubt that Punk has absolutely everything necessary to be the biggest star in wrestling for years to come in the Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold bracket, just needs not to have the ball taken off him. Can't wait to find out what happens on Raw tonight.

Yeah. Someone comes along once in a while who brings something totally new and fresh to the table. Flair did it in the 70s and 80s, Hogan in the 80s, Austin and Rock in the 90s, Punk has every single thing you want in a wrestler. His ring work is outstanding, the only worker in the entire company with better ring psychology and storytelling, IMO is Daniel Bryan. His charisma though, is second to none. He's made one of the most compelling and complex characters I can remember watching in wrestling for about a decade. If anything, he's even more of an anti-hero just now than Austin ever was. Austin's character one-dimensional in that he trusted no-one and battered everyone just to make sure, it was immense fun as he was so unpredicatble and everyone loved it. The character Punk has created is unpredictable in a different way. He blurs the lines between kayfabe and reality so often that you never really know where Phil Brooks ends and CM Punk begins.

If the WWE let Punk run with it they have a monster on their hands, an absolute monster. It's unreal to believe that there were people talking seriously about keeping Punk out of the ring and on commentary for good just a few months ago as well.

Hard to believe that this is his 4th run with one of the big two (though his first as WWE) and it's essentially his breakout title reign now. It's like he's upped his game and the masses of people have finally opened their eyes and realised the potential this guy has. The 'shoot' two weeks ago will become Punks 'Austin 3:16' moment in years to come.

If those are the best 8 that RAW have got then it isn't very good.

This whole RAW seems a little pointless to me, clearly Punk will need to return with the title at some point, rendering this stuff tonight as irrelavent. Unless they are going to go for an old champ v new champ somewhere down the line? Or they get involved in a cross promotion thing with another company and their wrestler wins the belt and signs for WWE?

I dunno though.

Should this be in a spoiler thing?

Edited by stuart.

He's the chairman of the company, he can create titles whenever he wants!

Does look like a Rey and Del Rio feud for the title until Cena comes back.

Yeah i know that it just looks a bit stupid creating the same title that CM Punk has left with they would have been better making a new belt.