The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

According to Twitter reports, Triple H is interested in returning the Cruiserweight title to WWE and the Cruiserweight division as a whole and also recruiting more female wrestlers with less focus on looks.

Yes. You! Get to f**k Chilly McFreeze, you useless c**t!

AJ and Daniels are in the X Division now, and have been for few months. They headlined Destination X.

They're not though. They headlined it yes but it was more of a showcase match rather than an actual X Division match. Besides, Daniels hardly wrestles (on Impact anyway) now and AJ has been in the Bound For Glory series where he should be winning, but isn't.

According to Twitter reports, Triple H is interested in returning the Cruiserweight title to WWE and the Cruiserweight division as a whole and also recruiting more female wrestlers with less focus on looks.

You do know that Triple H is only the on-screen boss yeah?

Anway, returning the Cruiserweight Title = romanovpalm.png

It will be just as morbid and boring as the Tag Team division and Intercontinental/US Title feuds. F**k me, even the World Heavyweight Championship storylines are utter pish. Which is depressing considering how during the Attitude Era even storylines involving the European Title could have you gripped at times. And the Tag-Team divison was phenomonal. Dudleys/Edge &Christian/Hardyz/APA. No Hardcore Title anymore = romanovpalm.png as it would definitely add some much needed excitement back into things. But after the deaths of certain wrestlers in certain years WWE etc are more paranoid and less inclined to things like this. sob.png

As for recruiting uglier divas = sob.png

The WWE title is the only thing left which at times can be a bit interesting. And the Diva's divison as they are is fine thanks. They're very aesthetically pleasing. sergioyay.png

Edited by Aurora Borealis

You do know that Triple H is only the on-screen boss yeah?

He does have his own department behind the scenes, worldwide talent development or something along those lines. He was responsible for bringing in Sin Cara and Karma. The Cruiserweight division was a hell of a lot better than the Hardcore division, the only entertaining thing in the Hardcore division was Crash Holly and the 24/7 rule. The current Divas division is utter dross, with the exeception of Beth and Natalya.

How terribly unfunny is that post up there from AuroraWhateverhe'scalled?

Apparently the real Sin Cara is back now and has been doing house shows. Be interesting to see if they do a feud between the two or whether they just try to pass the last two weeks off as being the same guy. Apparently they were really impressed with the other guy though and he'll likely be on the full roster in no time.

The cruiserweight division was pretty cool, but I don't see it working with the way things have went - guys like Punk and Mysterio are small guys but they're at the top now, and I just don't see it working when their are such small guys at the top of the card.

I loved the hardcore 24/7 stuff, it was probably some of my favourite stuff when I was younger watching it.

Steve Blackman/Ken Shamrock feud is always one I remember as well from when I was younger and that was fcking excellent, which if I remember right involved the European Championship at some point (???). Just shows how piss poor the US/Intercontinental titles are now when you look at some of the great feuds which revolved around the European and the IC title back then.

Apparently the real Sin Cara is back now and has been doing house shows. Be interesting to see if they do a feud between the two or whether they just try to pass the last two weeks off as being the same guy. Apparently they were really impressed with the other guy though and he'll likely be on the full roster in no time.

The cruiserweight division was pretty cool, but I don't see it working with the way things have went - guys like Punk and Mysterio are small guys but they're at the top now, and I just don't see it working when their are such small guys at the top of the card.

I loved the hardcore 24/7 stuff, it was probably some of my favourite stuff when I was younger watching it.

Steve Blackman/Ken Shamrock feud is always one I remember as well from when I was younger and that was fcking excellent, which if I remember right involved the European Championship at some point (???). Just shows how piss poor the US/Intercontinental titles are now when you look at some of the great feuds which revolved around the European and the IC title back then.

Yeah because I was trying to be terribly funny. sob.png

Merely stating facts that it's been nothing more than a chore watching it for the past 6 years.

He does have his own department behind the scenes, worldwide talent development or something along those lines. He was responsible for bringing in Sin Cara and Karma. The Cruiserweight division was a hell of a lot better than the Hardcore division, the only entertaining thing in the Hardcore division was Crash Holly and the 24/7 rule. The current Divas division is utter dross, with the exeception of Beth and Natalya.

Sin Cara is an extreme talent but WWE will probably never give him a world title.

- Karma. facepalm.png

- Saying the Cruiserweight division was a lot better than the Hardcore division. facepalm.png

- I suppose you only got to see things like people jumping off 50ft stages and going through windows and walls every second week. facepalm.png

When have the Divas ever been for anything other than to attract middle aged men? Lita and Trish were good though.

Yeah, they'll probably lose attendance but the people who are there will want to be there and more likely to make actual noise, rather than some fucking tourist who went to go to the Spider-man ride but got in the wrong line.

They could probably reduce the size of the arena as well, make it smaller and the noise will seem louder if you get the acoustics right.

Spider man is in a different park completely so that couldn't happen. But your going to get tourist nonetheless, what do TNA expect if theyre parked right in the centre of a theme park.

But seriously I'm in double figures the amount of times ive been to the impactzone and trust me when I say the crowd/ the regulars are more interested in getting themselves over rather than enjoying the talent inside the ring.

They wont reduce the size of the impactzone either, they just recently put more seats into it, i think that was about 2009 time when the got rid of the 2 entrance ramps.

Sounds like an utter waste of talent to me. I hope he comes to WWE at some point, surely he'd be better being a mid-carder in WWE than in TNA. I'd love to see heel Samoa Joe in SmackDown right now.

I'd love to see Joe in WWE since I've completely gave up on TNA. The only thing that would have had me interested in BFG would have been Joe vs AJ for the title in a vey similar fued to Rock vs Austin at WM17.

Rey Mysterio announced on Monday afternoon that the results of his recent MRI test revealed that he will in fact need surgery to repair his knee, which has already undergone surgery before.

Mysterio tweeted the following message in Spanish on Monday:

"Buenas tardes. Siento mucho el tener que dejarlos sin mi presencia en el ring por UNOs meses! Sirugia8/26 le pido a dios qca la ultima!619!"

For those who do not speak Spanish - Mysterio's next knee surgery is scheduled for Friday, August 26th and he will be out of action for several months.

Mysterio followed up with another tweet, apologizing for letting his fans down:

<b>"Sorry4 the let down! Promise to make it back as soon as possible!Gonna miss what I luv most-ENTERTAINING U's!619"

Rey Mysterio to win the Rumble next year on his return

</b>

Quite, he uses the stupid images to mask the fact that he's talking shite.

Spider man is in a different park completely so that couldn't happen. But your going to get tourist nonetheless, what do TNA expect if theyre parked right in the centre of a theme park.

But seriously I'm in double figures the amount of times ive been to the impactzone and trust me when I say the crowd/ the regulars are more interested in getting themselves over rather than enjoying the talent inside the ring.

They wont reduce the size of the impactzone either, they just recently put more seats into it, i think that was about 2009 time when the got rid of the 2 entrance ramps.

oops.gif Had no idea about Universal Studios rides and took a punt, yeah that's my point, the tourists aren't going to be interested in wrestling as much as the WWE audience(no matter the age or size) because they're paying customers, whereas the TNA audience, isn't necessarily paying to watch the wrestling.

I guess the only move is to move out of there, you'd get rid of the posers and get rid of the tourists.

I'd only reduce the size if they stopped letting the tour people in, because then the crowd would be smaller so you could make the arena smaller rather than having a big arena with less people in it.

Finally got an email with an apology for the delay in shipping my Punk T and an assurance that it's scheduled to be shipped early this week.

Don't even know if I can be arsed trying to stay awake for RAW this week. I wonder if the opening will be HHH, y'know just to mix things up a bit ;) ?

Edited by garymcc1874

Finally got an email with an apology for the delay in shipping my Punk T and an assurance that it's scheduled to be shipped early this week.

Don't even know if I can be arsed trying to stay awake for RAW this week. I wonder if the opening will be HHH, y'know just to mix things up a bit ;) ?

Good stuff biggrin.gif

My exam tomorrow is at 2pm so I don't need to be up early like last week. Live Raw again biggrin.gif I hope there's a better payoff(in terms of storyline progression) than last week for the Nash stuff. Although I hope there's more Punk promos with him, top quality stuff.

I hope they'll stop calling it the "Undisputed" WWE Championship, fucking annoys me.