The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I've not watched TNA in about a year, but I just saw the Bound for Glory standings or whatever it's called. And I have to say it is quite baffling to me.

* Crimson - 50 points -Who?

* Bully Ray - 42 points - To main event BFG? Um no.

* Robert Roode - 35 points - Aren't these 2 a tag team anymore?

* James Storm - 33 points - See above.

* Brother Devon - 30 points - See Bully Ray.

* Gunner - 28 points - Who?

* AJ Styles - 24 points - The gys above him must be fucking amazing at the moment.

* Scott Steiner - 21 points - The f**k is he doing in it?

* The Pope - 17 points - Just no.

* Rob Van Dam - 15 points - Last time I watched he was champ, now he's nd bottom of this.

* Samoa Joe - negative 10 points - -10?:blink: Is he in the dog house? Is he leaving for WWE? Is he being punished?

The only 2 I'd let anywhere near the top are AJ or Roode, ganted I've never saw Crimson or Gunner, but they must be fucking amazing?

TNA is a fucking joke. No one wants to see guys whos heyday was 20 years ago. Guys like Sting, Steiner, Hogan and Flair should be concentrating on training the next generation to be as good as they were.

And it's set in arenas that hold about 600 folk. Fuck's the point?

I've not watched TNA in about a year, but I just saw the Bound for Glory standings or whatever it's called. And I have to say it is quite baffling to me.

* Crimson - 50 points -Who?

* Bully Ray - 42 points - To main event BFG? Um no.

* Robert Roode - 35 points - Aren't these 2 a tag team anymore?

* James Storm - 33 points - See above.

* Brother Devon - 30 points - See Bully Ray.

* Gunner - 28 points - Who?

* AJ Styles - 24 points - The gys above him must be fucking amazing at the moment.

* Scott Steiner - 21 points - The f**k is he doing in it?

* The Pope - 17 points - Just no.

* Rob Van Dam - 15 points - Last time I watched he was champ, now he's nd bottom of this.

* Samoa Joe - negative 10 points - -10?:blink: Is he in the dog house? Is he leaving for WWE? Is he being punished?

The only 2 I'd let anywhere near the top are AJ or Roode, ganted I've never saw Crimson or Gunner, but they must be fucking amazing?

I'll run through it for you.

Crimson - came in originally as Amazing Red's little brother(who's bigger than him) after Jarrett was doing his MMA stuff on Amazing Red. Is currently unbeaten in TNA, bout 8 months or something. Is alright, isn't great on the mic but can go in the ring.

Bully Ray - has been really good recently, shed a tonne of weight and as such has improved in the ring. He's still fantastic as a heel on the mic.

Roode and Storm - are still a tag team.

Devon - has gained a lot of points because the Pope has laid down for him, they're running a storyline with Devon's kids love the Pope but Devon doesn't like him so Pope's trying to prove himself.

Gunner - came in with some other joker(Murphy) as security guards working for Immortal. It was pretty obvious which one was gonna make it. Gunner's pretty good in the ring, but isn't great on the mic, bit like Crimson.

AJ - I agree, he should be higher up, had a really good feud with Ray a month or two back.

Samoa Joe - disqualified a few times and is now going about disrupting the other people.

There are tag team matches(as long as every member is in the series is involved). 7 points for a win, 10 for a submission victory.

The only people who'd be involved would be Sting, Angle or Anderson who aren't just now. But those three were involved already, Angle was the #1 contender and the other two were scheduled to contest the title when the series started. Matt Morgan got injured and had to pull out.

I'll run through it for you.

Crimson - came in originally as Amazing Red's little brother(who's bigger than him) after Jarrett was doing his MMA stuff on Amazing Red. Is currently unbeaten in TNA, bout 8 months or something. Is alright, isn't great on the mic but can go in the ring.

The TNA Goldberg?

Bully Ray - has been really good recently, shed a tonne of weight and as such has improved in the ring. He's still fantastic as a heel on the mic.

I always liked him. He can wrestle, well for a big guy. In ECW he could get heat like nobody I've seen since, is he likely to stay so high up?

Roode and Storm - are still a tag team.

So why are they even in this?

Devon - has gained a lot of points because the Pope has laid down for him, they're running a storyline with Devon's kids love the Pope but Devon doesn't like him so Pope's trying to prove himself.

Surely the obvious way to go is have Devon turn heel (I assume he's a face) and bring back Reverend Devon and put him WITH Pope?

Gunner - came in with some other joker(Murphy) as security guards working for Immortal. It was pretty obvious which one was gonna make it. Gunner's pretty good in the ring, but isn't great on the mic, bit like Crimson.

Aw f**k I remember them, I don't know which one he was, but they were pretty shit as a tag team.

AJ - I agree, he should be higher up, had a really good feud with Ray a month or two back.

It's about time they realise that he deserves to be at the top rather than the guy they turn to when they try pushing some other guy unsuccessfully and need him to come in and take over.

Samoa Joe - disqualified a few times and is now going about disrupting the other people.

Sounds like an utter waste of talent to me. I hope he comes to WWE at some point, surely he'd be better being a mid-carder in WWE than in TNA. I'd love to see heel Samoa Joe in SmackDown right now.

The TNA Goldberg?

Aye, someone else made that comparison. Pretty much(as far as I can tell, never watched WCW, but with red hair.

So why are they even in this?

It was "randomly selected" Spoiler about this week's impact:

They lost the title so they'll probably split them up and have them face off at Bound For Glory

Surely the obvious way to go is have Devon turn heel (I assume he's a face) and bring back Reverend Devon and put him WITH Pope?

Dunno, I don't give a flying f**k about the Pope, Devon or his stupid kids.

Aw f**k I remember them, I don't know which one he was, but they were pretty shit as a tag team.

Gunner was the one who had brown-ish hair and loads of tattoos. Murphy was the slightly taller, black haired, white boy.

Sounds like an utter waste of talent to me. I hope he comes to WWE at some point, surely he'd be better being a mid-carder in WWE than in TNA. I'd love to see heel Samoa Joe in SmackDown right now.

Yeah, what's even worse is they changed the X-Division to a limit of like 200 pounds, because Abyss was the champion, so Joe, a fucking king in the division, has been told to f**k off. Him and Chris Daniels would be as well going back to the X Division.

Also a small spoiler about a couple of people you'll see in Impact coming up:

Zema Ion, Kid Kash and someone Sorensen all participate in an X-Division gauntlet match. No point in those qualifying matches and contract match last month. And they didn't even hire Low Ki or Jack Evans who were the two best behind A double awesome Austin Aries, fucking stupid, I guess those two are pretty big so not having a regular spot wouldn't appeal to them

----------

We're 23 minutes into the SD broadcast. Booker T has said "goodness" about 5 times. Fucking disgusting.

edit: Tyson Kidd just came out and got heavily booed, people are saying stuff about TNA using fake boos, there's no way people give a shit about Tyson Kidd.

Edited by forehead7

Aye, someone else made that comparison. Pretty much(as far as I can tell, never watched WCW, but with red hair.

Just what the world needs....a ginger Goldberg.

Dunno, I don't give a flying f**k about the Pope, Devon or his stupid kids.

I actually like Pope, or I did the last time I watched.

Gunner was the one who had brown-ish hair and loads of tattoos. Murphy was the slightly taller, black haired, white boy.

Sean O'Haire?

Yeah, what's even worse is they changed the X-Division to a limit of like 200 pounds, because Abyss was the champion, so Joe, a fucking king in the division, has been told to f**k off. Him and Chris Daniels would be as well going back to the X Division.

So why not just make the limit just above whatever Joe is? Surely Abyss weighs more? I'd even go as far as to say get Joe, Daniels and AJ back in the XD if they're doing nothing with them.

I've been thinking about giving it a watch again after reading in a few places that it improved. What is their current main event scene?

I actually like Pope, or I did the last time I watched.

It's since him and Anderson were in the semi final of the tournament after RVD got stripped of the title. They were the last match of the PPV and Angle and Jeff Hardy had a great match in the other semi, Pope and Anderson were just so slow and it was shite.

So why not just make the limit just above whatever Joe is? Surely Abyss weighs more? I'd even go as far as to say get Joe, Daniels and AJ back in the XD if they're doing nothing with them.

I've been thinking about giving it a watch again after reading in a few places that it improved. What is their current main event scene?

Wikipedia says Joe's 280 and Abyss is 350. Yeah, a 300 limit would suffice.

I would actually rather watch paint dry than watch SmackDown. It's so boring I fast-forwarded through it in about 5 minutes.

The only good thing was Kelly Kelly :wub:, she is definitely one of the hottest women to ever grace this blue marble. What I would do for a night with her. :wub:

I would actually rather watch paint dry than watch SmackDown. It's so boring I fast-forwarded through it in about 5 minutes.

The only good thing was Kelly Kelly :wub:, she is definitely one of the hottest women to ever grace this blue marble. What I would do for a night with her. :wub:

Kelly is awesome but I got pissed off with the amount of times I heard "come on AJ" :angry:

Yes, Kelly, I would happily, but FFS SHUT IT!

I watched a little bit of iMPACT tonight before I had to leave for a party. I have to say, it's no worse than any recent episode of SmackDown.

Bully Ray looked really good, both in the sense that he's kind of in shape for the first time ever, and as a character. Is he like a henchman of Immortal? He looked like he was calling the shots.

The guy Gunner looked pretty skinny, I remember him being quite big and intimidating....or am I thinking of someone else?

The guy Crimson definetly has the look to be a top guy, he looks like a beast. He cut a small promo backstage, and whilst it wasn't amazing, it wasn't exactly terrible. I missed his match, I had to leave before it came on. I would quite looking forward to seeing him to see if this 7 month undefeated run is justified.

The tag team BFG tournament thing kinda confused me...was it only the guy who got the pin who picked up points or was it his team. If it was the individual then why would all their tag partners willingly tag them in?

Also, did I heaer Taz right in saying that Daniels is now a part of Fortune?