The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Heard that Kane will be returning with his mask! Is this true? Read this on Wiki as well:

On the November 21 edition of Raw, WWE hyped the return of Kane by showing a vignette with Kane lighting a match, punching through glass — wearing the studded leather glove worn during the company's Attitude Era, as opposed to the finger gloves worn in recent years — and dropping the matchstick onto a new red mask, similar to his debut, but without the mouth piece, which then caught fire. Another Promo was aired on the November 28 edition of Raw, which ended with the title "Kane Resurrected".

I guess I'm in the minority that enjoyed Smackdown.

The Christmas stuff was harmless fun really, and Foley pulls off his part in it well. Hornswoggle remains my favourite comedy guy in WWE. Never fails to raise at least a smile no matter what he does. His walk away in disgust from Dusty was amazing. Main event was very good, and Orton proves he's some sort of robot these days by dragging Otunga to a good match too. Jinder Mahal is reminding me of Dolph just now. 1) the fans don't give a f**k 2) the guy has crazy intensity in the ring and 3) his execution has a snap to it. He's getting a lot of bad stick right now. Mostly warranted, because he's still green as f**k, but I think we'll be talking about him in a couple of years.

Cody Rhodes is better now that he doesn't talk like he's having a stroke, and I think you HAVE to give credit for having the ending to the battle royal being believable in a way.

Jinder Mahal is reminding me of Dolph just now. 1) the fans don't give a f**k 2) the guy has crazy intensity in the ring and 3) his execution has a snap to it. He's getting a lot of bad stick right now. Mostly warranted, because he's still green as f**k, but I think we'll be talking about him in a couple of years.

From the matches of his that I've seen I don't actually mind Mahal. He's ok. He seemed pretty decent on the mic to, they just never really gave him anything to do.

I only just watched RAW today, I have to say I really enjoyed the opening segment with Piper and Cena....Hot Rod has still got it! Also really enjoyed the main event.

Masked Kane is one of my all time favourite characters in the history of wrestling. Everything about him, the costume, the music, the lighting for his entrance was outstanding and I've never seen such a dark aura around a character since.

Discussed this with my flatmate the other night and it was said it would be an idea if they had some sort of "accident" happen to him to be wearing the mask again and it was the Undertakers fault, leading to a f'kn amazing match at Wrestlemania!

Masked Kane is one of my all time favourite characters in the history of wrestling. Everything about him, the costume, the music, the lighting for his entrance was outstanding and I've never seen such a dark aura around a character since.

Discussed this with my flatmate the other night and it was said it would be an idea if they had some sort of "accident" happen to him to be wearing the mask again and it was the Undertakers fault, leading to a f'kn amazing match at Wrestlemania!

I've seen Kane and the Undertaker enough times to last me a lifetime.

For those of you that missed it, The ScottTrade Center, which will host the 2012 Royal Rumble, has stated that the Rumble match will include 30 men this year. That is welcome news as the 40 men that they had last year was just too much and hurt the bout.

I've seen Kane and the Undertaker enough times to last me a lifetime.

I'm the same. Taker's 19-0 at the moment(right?) so he beats Kane to make it 20. He could then retire or lose for 20-1. I'd guess that it's entirely up to the Taker at this point. Unless anyone else breaks through in the next year then I'd say he should lose to Punk(if he's gonna lose to anyone). Obviously, whoever he loses to will get a massive boost, I think Orton and Cena have enough behind them. They're already the top two guys. Punk beating the Taker at Mania would make another massive star for the 'E, something which they need to start doing.

Anyone else hear about Resistance Pro, Billy Corgan's new promotion, having their debut show last weekend?

Who knows if it'll get off the ground(Raven is working on it alongside Billy, which gives me optimism, he has a good mind for the business), but they have a good roster and the arena setup looks cool as f**k; ECW-esque.

http://resistancepro.com/Events.html

Not sure about the 1990s style website, like.

Edited by RB-Scotland

I think it'd be cool if Kane came back masked, won the Royal Rumble and instead of the title shot he's owed he requests a last match with Taker at Wrestlemania, epic battle ending both wrestler's careers on a high.

Anyone else hear about Resistance Pro, Billy Corgan's new promotion, having their debut show last weekend?

Who knows if it'll get off the ground(Raven is working on it alongside Billy, which gives me optimism, he has a good mind for the business), but they have a good roster and the arena setup looks cool as f**k; ECW-esque.

http://resistancepro.com/Events.html

Not sure about the 1990s style website, like.

Gertner? I'm sold.

Forgot to mention, last week on Impact it was Team Storm vs Team Angle. Team Angle had Roode and Jarrett on it and Angle was outside like a manager. What the f**k. I know people go heel but surely they can't just forget that both of them feuded with Angle within the past couple of months-ish.