The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Depends where you look. Supersmarks will always shit on everything as the generally think they should work for creative. Obviously this thread is a majority of smarks, but there's nothing super about us lottongue.gif, but most can decipher good shows from bad. It's one of the better places to post on now, so much so that I've all but given up on even reading about wrestling anywhere else. This is the only place I read or post on now.

Reading through this thread, I genuinely think that the ideas I've seen on here are usually far better than what WWE and TNA come up with!

On the topics of the WWE divas, I nominate Kaitlyn as being fucking lovely. Oh and I concur with Beth. Isn't Punk giving her the anaconda? In fact isn't he currently ploughing through the female roster?

On the topics of the WWE divas, I nominate Kaitlyn as being fucking lovely. Oh and I concur with Beth. Isn't Punk giving her the anaconda? In fact isn't he currently ploughing through the female roster?

Aye, he used to go out with Maria as well.

The tidiest current female "wrestler" is Miss Tessmacher, obviously. In the WWE it's Layla.

Reading through this thread, I genuinely think that the ideas I've seen on here are usually far better than what WWE and TNA come up with!

Certainly TNA's creative team. But then again, you could create a pretty simple flow chart(like Teddy Long's) of TNA's creative process.

(I might actually do this for shits and giggles). It would involve a lot of heels distracting the ref or the ref being knocked out and the heel wins. Full of turns.

WWE's writing is pretty good, most of the time it's good, solid writing that makes sense. I don't think anyone would've ever came up with the Funkasaurus thing.

WWE's writing is pretty good, most of the time it's good, solid writing that makes sense. I don't think anyone would've ever came up with the Funkasaurus thing.

I actually think the Funkasauras gimmick is Clays own idea. I read a while back that after his first run he was told creative had nothing for him so to go away and come up with some idea to pitch for himself. Coincidentally one of the idea was a monster heel where he pretty much destroyed people and inducted them into his "Hall of Pain"....a few weeks later Henry debuted that very gimmick.

I'm guessing this is another of his ideas that he has been given the go ahead to use for himself.

It makes you wonder why they can't let guys test their own charisma in developmental. He was in FCW then brought up to the main roster and given the mean, big guy gimmick.....when the whole time there was this whole bunch of charisma there like he showed last night. The fact that you have guys like Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel brought to the main roster from FCW and it's taken so long to bring the big man up is a little baffling. Surely they would figure who is entertaining and whos not in FCW.

I actually think the Funkasauras gimmick is Clays own idea. I read a while back that after his first run he was told creative had nothing for him so to go away and come up with some idea to pitch for himself. Coincidentally one of the idea was a monster heel where he pretty much destroyed people and inducted them into his "Hall of Pain"....a few weeks later Henry debuted that very gimmick.

I'm guessing this is another of his ideas that he has been given the go ahead to use for himself.

It makes you wonder why they can't let guys test their own charisma in developmental. He was in FCW then brought up to the main roster and given the mean, big guy gimmick.....when the whole time there was this whole bunch of charisma there like he showed last night. The fact that you have guys like Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel brought to the main roster from FCW and it's taken so long to bring the big man up is a little baffling. Surely they would figure who is entertaining and whos not in FCW.

Fair play to him, he's given the WWE two absolutely amazing gimmicks right there.

Yeah, it does seem strange. I thought that was the whole point of FCW...

Wwe leave too many loose ends sometimes. E.g. Who was the anonymous Raw gm and

did we ever find out who was lifting the cell to allow miz and truth in during

the cena, punk and del rio 3 way?

I think that was a bit of "throwing shit at a wall", to see if it would stick and they just didn't stick with it. It's fair enough to have that at times I think.

Wwe leave too many loose ends sometimes. E.g. Who was the anonymous Raw gm and did we ever find out who was lifting the cell to allow miz and truth in during the cena, punk and del rio 3 way?

The cell was quite obviously Laurinaitis, no?

Yeah, they just left the GM, glad they did. It was an awful storyline.

"You didn't see that coming" - You're damn right I didn't Brodus, but I bloody well enjoyed it you funky b*****d.

Was he not Snoop Dogg's bodyguard before joining the WWE? Could maybe play off that and have "the Snizzle Dizzle" in his corner at 'Mania or something if the gimmick catches on? I especially like the fact he was speaking and jiving the whole way through the match.

ETA: Ricardo is fucking hilarious.

Edited by J_Stewart

I fucking love Brodus Clay.

Just when you expect another big nasty, but ultimately boring midcarder in the Snitsky, Heidenreich, Luther Reigns, Tomko type mould, along comes this. Genuinely entertaining and something I'd never have pictured him doing, but he's a charismatic big bugger and I hope it takes off.

Shades of Slick, Rikishi, Ernest Miller and the Godfather all rolled into one.

Wwe leave too many loose ends sometimes. E.g. Who was the anonymous Raw gm and did we ever find out who was lifting the cell to allow miz and truth in during the cena, punk and del rio 3 way?

Who fucking cares about the anonymous GM, it was a crap storyline that seemed to go on forever without any real interest.

Brodus is awesome! Good to see something refreshing like that in the WWE (even though it is a slightly rehashed old gimmick). Wrestling can and should be hilarious at times.

"You didn't see that coming" - You're damn right I didn't Brodus, but I bloody well enjoyed it you funky b*****d.

Was he not Snoop Dogg's bodyguard before joining the WWE? Could maybe play off that and have "the Snizzle Dizzle" in his corner at 'Mania or something if the gimmick catches on? I especially like the fact he was speaking and jiving the whole way through the match.

ETA: Ricardo is fucking hilarious.

Aye, that's why he's called "Brodus" - Snoop's real name is Calvin Broadus.

See all the folk who were laughing at the guy who was adamant that Y2J was the guy the clips were alluding to and were themselves suggesting Brodus Clay?

What was YOUR reasoning behind that ludicrous guess? Was it any more ridiculous than the reasoning behind the lad's guess at it being Y2J? Indeed as we know it was Y2J, and not a relatively new wrestler, for whom it would make no sense to be built up in such a way, and who has now reappeared with a mid to low card gimmick that is amusing but doomed to fail in the end.