Livingston - all the threads merged

Ah well, the fans don't matter so let them get on with chucking their own money away and alienating the fans.

They don't matter. Stuck between Edinburgh and Glasgow not knowing where the f**k they come from. As pointless as that plastic team!

Are you fecking having a laugh??

1) They know who I am. I have never hidden.

2) I've been there 21 years, they have not.

3) I do put my concerns to the club, although I don't waste paper, I say it face to face. Like to save the environment.

4)I won't put up or shut up & if you are official spokesperson for LFC then they will be aware of that.

5)The fans invest money and don't ask for it back under the guise of director's loans. They do. Hardly charity.

Just to add we invested 50k plus and have not yet received our official shares yet so ask them where they are please? I will be following this one up myself anyway but you might as well forewarn them.

Hope you also play for the supporters team.

Fcuk a visit from the low pay gadgie looms. £200 isn't even minimum wage.

A number of our players are one £250 a week but because of their age the minimum wage wasn't applicable.

Cole was however on a reported £400 per week which is about £399 more than I would have paid if I'm honest.

I often wonder about the mentality of players accepting low wage full time contract rather than part time and having a potential career in some other industry at the end of their playing days. I know a number of our players used to take on part time work like Griffiths who delivered pizzas (when he wasn't getting half of the Lothian's up the duff) or the Jacobs brothers who used to market body-building aids but its hardly a long term strategy.

I wonder if being able to change your description on Facebook or wherever to "full time professional footballer" is the real draw for many of these youngsters?

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/05/16/livingston-hopkindeal/?platform=hootsuite

Looks like we've reneged on the deal to pay McDoog back his money.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/05/16/livingston-hopkindeal/?platform=hootsuite

Looks like we've reneged on the deal to pay McDoog back his money.

Nothing would surprise me of Wilson

Supporters' opinions don't matter, wouldn't be surprised if you actually do have a say of what goes on down there with that attitude :lol:

I wouldn't take a position down there in any capacity.

I just want people to get behind the club, stop all the negative stuff and give the club some support.

The players at the club read these forums.

How do you think they feel reading all these negative stuff and then having to go out and put on a positive performance?.

He's got some connection, or a really good wind up merchant that's at it.

Terrible appointment, Hopkin is going to be under some pressure, the fans are going to be on his back straight away if he doesn't get off to a winning start. Beginning to think the stories are true and Martindale needed a puppet to be the manager so Hopkin was kept on. Has no clue about tactics or players positioning.

Come on.

Get real.

Do you really think that that is the case.

I hope not

I wouldn't take a position down there in any capacity.

I just want people to get behind the club, stop all the negative stuff and give the club some support.

The players at the club read these forums.

How do you think they feel reading all these negative stuff and then having to go out and put on a positive performance?.

Maybe they should stay off the forums and just man the f**k up?

Are you fecking having a laugh??

1) They know who I am. I have never hidden.

2) I've been there 21 years, they have not.

3) I do put my concerns to the club, although I don't waste paper, I say it face to face. Like to save the environment.

4)I won't put up or shut up & if you are official spokesperson for LFC then they will be aware of that.

5)The fans invest money and don't ask for it back under the guise of director's loans. They do. Hardly charity.

Just to add we invested 50k plus and have not yet received our official shares yet so ask them where they are please? I will be following this one up myself anyway but you might as well forewarn them.

As far as I am aware the so called 50k shares was done during a previous dubious director and that this is currently in the hands Of lawyers.

Mind you I am at the stage of not knowing what to believe.

Seems to be a load of cloak and dagger stuff going on.

I am sure that between the both of us we will get to the bottom of all the shenanigans at the club.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Gnaw

He's got some connection, or a really good wind up merchant that's at it.

Terrible appointment, Hopkin is going to be under some pressure, the fans are going to be on his back straight away if he doesn't get off to a winning start. Beginning to think the stories are true and Martindale needed a puppet to be the manager so Hopkin was kept on. Has no clue about tactics or players positioning.

100% true.  Gnaw and his recent backtracking on this thread is fooling no one.  He'll chuck Hopkin under the bus as soon as things go wrong. 

A number of our players are one £250 a week but because of their age the minimum wage wasn't applicable.

Cole was however on a reported £400 per week which is about £399 more than I would have paid if I'm honest.

I often wonder about the mentality of players accepting low wage full time contract rather than part time and having a potential career in some other industry at the end of their playing days. I know a number of our players used to take on part time work like Griffiths who delivered pizzas (when he wasn't getting half of the Lothian's up the duff) or the Jacobs brothers who used to market body-building aids but its hardly a long term strategy.

I wonder if being able to change your description on Facebook or wherever to "full time professional footballer" is the real draw for many of these youngsters?

Minimum wage applies to anyone regardless of age.  It's set higher as you get older though.

If someone was on £200 p/w this wouldn't necessarily be illegal depending on how many contracted hours they work which for a footballer would be less than a typical 40 hour week I'd guess.

For £200 p/w an under 18 with a minimum wage of £3.87p/h would be able to work 51.6 hours

An under 21 with a minimum wage of £5.30 would be able to work 37.7 hours

For an under 25 with a minimum wage of £6.70 it would be 29.8 hours

For an over 25 on £7.85 it would be 25.4 hours

I don't know how many actual hours a footballer is contracted to work but I suspect that even on £200 p/w only an over 25 would be pushing it.  By the time you add in appearance money, win bonuses and any other add-ons its actually not beyond possible they could be on £200 p/w and surely £250 p/w wouldn't be breaking the rules even for an over 25.