Livingston - all the threads merged

There's the signing of Dolly Menga confirmed, along with a highlights video filled with him hitting shots, mostly hitting the bar or straight at the keeper, and about 3 goals in it :lol:

Can't really judge players based on those videos but he looks quick and skilful, don't care if he doesn't score goals, as long as he contributes to other people scoring them that'll be fine by me.

18 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

There's the signing of Dolly Menga confirmed, along with a highlights video filled with him hitting shots, mostly hitting the bar or straight at the keeper, and about 3 goals in it :lol:

Can't really judge players based on those videos but he looks quick and skilful, don't care if he doesn't score goals, as long as he contributes to other people scoring them that'll be fine by me.

Yep we've Hamilton and Hardie (when he's back fit) that'll score goals, Miller and Menga give us different options on styles to set them up with goals. Maybe start Miller with Hamilton on Saturday and bring Menga on for Miller 2nd half, with his pace later on in the game it'll cause Hibs problems.

7 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Bit of a weird one, sounds like he's a CM/LB. We've already got about 4 players who can slot in the LWB position and about 6 or 7 who can play in the middle. 

You'd expect Hearts to want him playing just about every week as well. 

Agreed its strange unless we've got gaps in the reserves or colts its difficult to see where he can fit. See Hearts are expecting to get Demetri Mitchell back on loan so he's probably currently surplus to requirements but cant see him displacing Lamie after Saturday's performance.

9 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Bit of a weird one, sounds like he's a CM/LB. We've already got about 4 players who can slot in the LWB position and about 6 or 7 who can play in the middle. 

You'd expect Hearts to want him playing just about every week as well. 

Same with James Brown, can't see either of them getting enough games to satisfy their parent club. Unless Pittman or Byrne gets injured he aint shifting them, and Keaghan would be coming in too. And Sibbs will be back soon too, so he'd have him and Robinson to shift further up the pitch.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Same with James Brown, can't see either of them getting enough games to satisfy their parent club. Unless Pittman or Byrne gets injured he aint shifting them, and Keaghan would be coming in too. And Sibbs will be back soon too, so he'd have him and Robinson to shift further up the pitch.

Brown has been sent back

I didn't see the point of bringing James Brown at all...can see him returning to Millwall early

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think the only game he got was against Celtic, and tbh i'd rather Jack McMillan played ahead of him, obv another bright idea by Miller playing him in that game.

Afaik Miller was very good friends with Brown's agent

Afaik Miller was very good friends with Brown's agent
I thought there was some reason like that behind it...he didn't look anywhere near the pace against Celtic and other than Miller's poor selection there was no way he could displace the players we have

So. Many. Players.
Is it really that many though? We've been used to a slimline squad the last few years...we certainly have plenty of depth and a lot of the players are versatile...it's what's needed in the top Division I suppose