Livingston - all the threads merged

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:
Expecting another two as well I think

Perhaps truth in the Cammy Smith story?

Don't think Smith will leave St Mirren tbh, imagine their board will want Stubbs gone before he sends a key player packing. 

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
5 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:
So. Many. Players.

Is it really that many though? We've been used to a slimline squad the last few years...we certainly have plenty of depth and a lot of the players are versatile...it's what's needed in the top Division I suppose

You're right, I'm just not used to so many players missing out on the match day squad.  Reserves should be solid, if nothing else.

You're right, I'm just not used to so many players missing out on the match day squad.  Reserves should be solid, if nothing else.
Potentially a few of the guys are earmarked for the colts squad seeing as we HAVE to have one

All we're really needing now is a goal scoring striker, someone to give Hardie some competition, and be there when Hardie is injured/suspended. Great that Hamilton is getting games but he'll be inconsistent and really should just be getting valuable experience this season to bring him on in his development, not thrown in to carry us while Hardie is out.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Tiffoney is another strange one, checked up on him and he isn't getting games for Morton, was an unused sub.  Crane seems to have dropped out of the team too.

Crane looked quite good on the cup games; maybe not quite premiership standard yet but certainly good enough to appear on the bench. See its being reported that Hearts can play Burns in the reserves games so that presumably rules out that option for us.

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Crane looked quite good on the cup games; maybe not quite premiership standard yet but certainly good enough to appear on the bench. See its being reported that Hearts can play Burns in the reserves games so that presumably rules out that option for us.

Yeah i'd put Crane down as the same as McMillan, opposite wingbacks that have done well when needed but other players are going to be picked ahead of them. Lawless is going to be played on one side and Lamie on the other in those roles.

7 minutes ago, Mpire said:

Cant imagine that we will be paying much (if anything) for the Hearts lad so if its cover we need then no issues with it... We do seem to have a large squad now. At least Brown was sent back.

Haven't seen anything official on Brown being sent back; (nothing on the site or twitter) but was more concerned that the reports on Burns coming to us was to gain some "regular" first team experience.

Much as I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth do we really want to fiddle with a format that works?

As has been said Brown has or will be sent back to Millwall, he was brought in as a favour to an agent by Kenny Miller and isn’t rated as what was made out to be. 

I personally think the more squad depth we have the better, Burns will do a job and with his ability to play numerous positions will come in handy, somewhat like Penrice last season, hopefully he’s as much of a success as Penrice was. 

I think a striker is about all we need now so be interesting who we look to bring in, if we could get Smith it would be an incredible coup for the club, I’m not holding my breath on that one though. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Paul McMullan a shout maybe?

I sincerely hope not. 

53 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

As has been said Brown has or will be sent back to Millwall, he was brought in as a favour to an agent by Kenny Miller and isn’t rated as what was made out to be. 

I personally think the more squad depth we have the better, Burns will do a job and with his ability to play numerous positions will come in handy, somewhat like Penrice last season, hopefully he’s as much of a success as Penrice was. 

I think a striker is about all we need now so be interesting who we look to bring in, if we could get Smith it would be an incredible coup for the club, I’m not holding my breath on that one though. 

Brown looked awfully shaky against Celtic, although he wasn't the only one. Given his links with Miller it's probably for the best he's punted. Think Burns could be a very astute signing to cover a few positions, I hope he's not wedged into the starting XI from the word go, though. One thing is for sure, though - we're stacked in the squad at the moment.

Is there much substance to these Cammy Smith rumours? He obviously isn't in Stubbs best books but doubt we could get him.  On another note, that was a pitch-perfect performance at the weekend. The sour taste in my mouth has gone with Kenny no longer around. If the Brown thing is also true I don't want anyone at the club doing there agent-mate a favour over bringing in quality.  Onward and upwards!

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Cant wait to see this livi team in action  with ryan up top leading the line with hopefully jack hamilton beside him.

Yeah been bursting to see Hardie back playing, also can't wait to see Sibbald back in the team, both are quality.

Quite impressive that we've more points on the board at this stage compared to last season in the Championship, and still have two of our best players to come into the team. Along with having to punt our manager it has been some start to our Premiership league campaign.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

17 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Totally agree ladz,theres a feel good factor back again which seemed to get lost with the appointment of miller.

Couldn't agree more with this. Think the board have actually had some balls and just got rid immediately of someone who wasn't up so much as either a player or manager... 

Edited by Mpire