Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

Saw the Tee-shirt; just worried it wont follow the same as the "In Hoppy we Trust" and ":wub: bobby barr"

Oh and don't forget the Pearse Flynn "ROARING BACK" embarrassment

Yeah there is a lot of interest in the media about Halkett going back to Sevco, also a few English clubs after him, the magnificent 3 may not be together all season.

Still, all the more reason to enjoy them while they're still together playing in the IMMENSE DEFENCE.

Seems to be a bit of traction in the rumours Halkett will be away come January. Couldn’t really stand in his way, he’s been magnificent for us since day one. Just hope he goes down south and not along the M8...

At least if he goes Lamie can slot seamlessly into the back three AND the addictive chant about them.

34 minutes ago, Afro said:

Seems to be a bit of traction in the rumours Halkett will be away come January. Couldn’t really stand in his way, he’s been magnificent for us since day one. Just hope he goes down south and not along the M8...

At least if he goes Lamie can slot seamlessly into the back three AND the addictive chant about them.

He's going down the M8 but eastward to Tynecastle to join the league leaders.

Got to give a lot of credit to boys in starting 11 at the moment. They all deserve to keep their place in team.  I think that’s been maybe 6 or 7 games they’ve went playing with the same starting 11
How's your squad outwith the first 11,do you have good back up players and good numbers if you get a few injuries.

8 minutes ago, kevthedee said:
17 hours ago, Livilion28 said:
Got to give a lot of credit to boys in starting 11 at the moment. They all deserve to keep their place in team.  I think that’s been maybe 6 or 7 games they’ve went playing with the same starting 11

How's your squad outwith the first 11,do you have good back up players and good numbers if you get a few injuries.

This is Hard Brexitball. We inflict the injuries.

We're already missing Ryan Hardie, Craig Sibbald, Lee Miller and Rafa DeVita...all of whom would probably be in or around the starting 11. Beyond that we have one of the strongest squads we've had for a while in terms of depth...a lot of players can cover multiple positions too which helps a great deal

23 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
32 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

We're already missing Ryan Hardie, Craig Sibbald, Lee Miller and Rafa DeVita...all of whom would probably be in or around the starting 11. Beyond that we have one of the strongest squads we've had for a while in terms of depth...a lot of players can cover multiple positions too which helps a great deal

I'd go further to suggest that its the strongest side in terms of depth ever. Even the great side of 2001/02 didn't have a huge amount of cover outside the original 11.

Our weakest area is probably the three man central defence but if one was injured/suspended we could change to a flat four with Lamie and McMillan particularly covering LB and RB positions. After seeing Saunders performance in the Betfred I'd be loathed to have him come in against any half-decent side.

The likes of Calum Crane and Cammy Clark are both out on loan at the moment I believe.

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I think Saunders might end up at Falkirk in January. Happy to have McMillan as backup for that position and right-back if we can get someone else in.

Thought I read somewhere that Lawson could also cover RB; not sure how accurate that is though. Brown was sent back to Millwall I believe.

Saunders is a difficult one really; showed some snippets of skill but far to indecisive and a little timid for a Scottish Premier defender. Not sure he'll do any better for someone like Falkirk though; at the moment the last thing they need is someone who ducks out of a 50/50 challenge.

45 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I think Saunders might end up at Falkirk in January. Happy to have McMillan as backup for that position and right-back if we can get someone else in.

That sounds about right really. Can see it being a similar situation to last year where we send players out/lose them (Mullen, Carrick, Mackin, Brown, Peters, Penrice) and replace them with similar/better players (Hardie, Miller, Thompson, Buchanan). 

39 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Thought I read somewhere that Lawson could also cover RB; not sure how accurate that is though. Brown was sent back to Millwall I believe.

Think it was Martindale saying Lawson could play RB when we signed him. Brown was sent back to Milwall when Kenny Miller was sent packing.

5 hours ago, kevthedee said:
22 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

As has been said, we've got decent quality players waiting to get their chance in the first team, some have played games, like Kaja who was replaced by Lawless but did well when he was playing, Hardie not far away from being fit, Sibbald who is back getting games with the reserves after an injury, Raffa looks like he's recovering from an ACL injury quicker than expected. All of them are easily first team players but not sure they can get straight back in the team with the guys we have doing so well, they'll give good competition for places though.

The likes of McMillan, Lawson, Burns (on loan from Hearts), Hamilton, are pretty decent as well and being used as 2nd half subs, all of them would do a good job if needed to start games, some already have. 

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Saunders is a difficult one really; showed some snippets of skill but far to indecisive and a little timid for a Scottish Premier defender. Not sure he'll do any better for someone like Falkirk though; at the moment the last thing they need is someone who ducks out of a 50/50 challenge.

Saunders is the only player we've got I've been disappointed with, any of the rest i'd happily see playing in the first team. He set up Robinsons goal against Celtic but was pretty poor defending for Rogic's goal, Lithgow coming back in has stood out a mile better than Saunders.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Saunders is the only player we've got I've been disappointed with, any of the rest i'd happily see playing in the first team. He set up Robinsons goal against Celtic but was pretty poor defending for Rogic's goal, Lithgow coming back in has stood out a mile better than Saunders.

Might also add Knox as well. Just hasn't seemed to move forward in the last three years.

1 hour ago, Skondras said:

From experience, savor every single game and every single star player while they are still at the livi. 

I still think of  our Tony Andreu daily. 

Same :( and big Jesus

Edited by ATLIS