Livingston - all the threads merged

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'd still have more faith in Lamie tbh...move Lithgow into the middle of the 3 with Lamie on the left then we've got Rafa/Lawless to slot in at left wingback

Callum Crane is back in January and he looked pretty good on the left in the betfred games albeit against lower opposition.

The thought of losing one or more of our central defenders needs to be balanced by how much we will lose in league positioning. As far as i recall pretty much every league position is worth at least £100k. Also finishing in the top six presumably means far higher gates for the last five matches?

I know Halkett's only under contract until the end of the season but I'd still be loathed to see him go for less than seven figures. Pretty sure he's worth that to us.

9 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Callum Crane is back in January and he looked pretty good on the left in the betfred games albeit against lower opposition.

The thought of losing one or more of our central defenders needs to be balanced by how much we will lose in league positioning. As far as i recall pretty much every league position is worth at least £100k. Also finishing in the top six presumably means far higher gates for the last five matches?

I know Halkett's only under contract until the end of the season but I'd still be loathed to see him go for less than seven figures. Pretty sure he's worth that to us.

I'd forgotten about Crane...he looked like a good fit for us too...maybe a bit unlucky that Lamie has performed the way he has...same could be said for a few of our players tbh. Hopefully the club are doing what they can to get Halkett to sign even another year extension so that he commands a good fee if any teams are interested and to stop him going for free in the summer. I'd be amazed if this wasn't his last season with us and I'd be gutted to see him go but I'd be distraught if we lost him for nothing. I have faith in the board these days though and it'd be totally out of character if they let him go without at least a fight

Saunders set up Robinson's goal but imo he was at fault for Rogic's goal, bending down and leaving Robinson to challenge Rogic, no danger that would've been a free header had Lithgow been playing.

Our defence is night and day since that first league game though, organisation wise as well as having the dream team back together, only conceding 2 goals in 8 games since then. Still wouldn't be confident with Saunders playing but it may not be as bad as it was under Miller. I think Lamie would be the better option though and Crane slotting in as LWB. 

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'd forgotten about Crane...he looked like a good fit for us too...maybe a bit unlucky that Lamie has performed the way he has...same could be said for a few of our players tbh. Hopefully the club are doing what they can to get Halkett to sign even another year extension so that he commands a good fee if any teams are interested and to stop him going for free in the summer. I'd be amazed if this wasn't his last season with us and I'd be gutted to see him go but I'd be distraught if we lost him for nothing. I have faith in the board these days though and it'd be totally out of character if they let him go without at least a fight

There's another possible argument - our three central defenders are at their best when they play together - Halkett wasn't as good in my opinion when Saunders was there instead of Lithgow but maybe that was because he wasn't at easy playing next to someone who ducked as soon as the ball came their way.

I feel like we're being a little harsh to Saunders. He might not have been perfect, but he slotted into that defence well, and was a key part of the clean sheet against Killie, which looks like an even better result with every passing week. If it wasn't for the fact that he was keeping Lithgow out of the team then I don't think he'd get anywhere near as much stick.

I was disappointed with the Killie result and the Motherwell cup home result too, think we would've won both with Holt in charge.  Came away from the Well defeat totally deflated thinking Miller was going to have us scrapping it out down the bottom of the table playing like that.

45 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I was disappointed with the Killie result and the Motherwell cup home result too, think we would've won both with Holt in charge.  Came away from the Well defeat totally deflated thinking Miller was going to have us scrapping it out down the bottom of the table playing like that.

We were pish at the start of the season though,  we've since signed Stewart/Thishbola and look a much better side.

At no point did I think we were going to lose that game though.

12 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

Hoppy to try sign byrne. In the sun paper today with a few other clubs interested 

Think he'd need to stump up a fair bit of cash with Shaun signed until 2020. Plus would he go to a team that look like they'll be in real danger of:

A) Relegation

B) Sacking the manager (the Bradford owner seems to be pretty trigger happy)

C) Both

It's just something we'll have to put up with now, clubs are going to try and come and take our best players.

He's POTS for me so far (honourable mention to Keags and Gallagher), but at least we have strength in depth there. It's mad that Sibbald can't even get a game.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We were pish at the start of the season though,  we've since signed Stewart/Thishbola and look a much better side.

At no point did I think we were going to lose that game though.

I'd expect Killie fans will be looking for all 3 points when we play you away, so a point in that game would be decent for us, but at home it's the other way around.

I suppose with Miller in charge getting a point in that game was ok, but it's still disappointing when we prob would've got all 3 had Holt been in charge, and playing us in the proper formation, with our usual back 3 and no Kenny fecking Miller up front/in midfield. 

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Think he'd need to stump up a fair bit of cash with Shaun signed until 2020. Plus would he go to a team that look like they'll be in real danger of:

A) Relegation

B) Sacking the manager (the Bradford owner seems to be pretty trigger happy)

C) Both

Yeah I wouldn't be too worried if it was anyone else but Hoppy at Bradford making an offer on Byrne, but you never know how persuasive he may be when pitching it to him. Doubt very much Pittman would leave but not so sure about Byrne.

Just noticed Hoppy has had the dreaded vote of confidence from the Bradford board, he may not even be there in January then.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah I wouldn't be too worried if it was anyone else but Hoppy at Bradford making an offer on Byrne, but you never know how persuasive he may be when pitching it to him. Doubt very much Pittman would leave but not so sure about Byrne.

Just noticed Hoppy has had the dreaded vote of confidence from the Bradford board, he may not even be there in January then.

Shaun Byrne might actually welcome the chance to get away from Scotland for a wee while; success on the pitch but tragedy off it unfortunately.

He's been an absolutely amazing player over the past couple of years and particularly his work in the first leg against Dundee United will live long in the memory but with the likes of Sibbald; Kaja; Lawson ans De Vita coming back its a position we can probably comfortably fill.

That being said I could think of better places to end up than Bradford.

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Just had a wee look at Bradford's form - if ever there was the time for an OMG this is it.

Bloody hell Hoppy; what have you done?

Mind you if he came in and offered £25 million for Gallagher Halkett and Lithgow maybe he'd have a chance?

Yep looks like they need a complete rebuild, something that may take Hoppy another season to do, but you wouldn't see Bradford giving him the time to do that. And tbf our fans wouldn't have given him the time either had it been up to us after being relegated to League One.

On Byrne, don't really see him wanting away from Scotland for the reasons you said, Gallagher yeah, but not Byrne. Decs troubles were more a need to get away situation, because down South he wouldn't be known and it would've been a new start giving him the chance to avoid media attention, but it looks like he's happy at Livi and hasn't had much hassle over it.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Shaun Byrne might actually welcome the chance to get away from Scotland for a wee while; success on the pitch but tragedy off it unfortunately.

He's been an absolutely amazing player over the past couple of years and particularly his work in the first leg against Dundee United will live long in the memory but with the likes of Sibbald; Kaja; Lawson ans De Vita coming back its a position we can probably comfortably fill.

That being said I could think of better places to end up than Bradford.

Honestly it's a bit disrespectful to comment on anything about what happened to him - he's been through a lot and it's a horrible thing for anyone to speculate on how he may feel about it. From what I've seen he's settled here as are most of our players.

7 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

Hoppy to try sign byrne. In the sun paper today with a few other clubs interested 

All you do is telling us our players are leaving, clearly not a Livi fan. Even we're not that pessimistic at our worst. When it comes down to it we should be asking for a record fee at least for Byrne, Halkett, Kelly or Pittman. We could easily ask for 2m+ for any of those in todays climate for transfer fees all depending on contracts etc

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep looks like they need a complete rebuild, something that may take Hoppy another season to do, but you wouldn't see Bradford giving him the time to do that. And tbf our fans wouldn't have given him the time either had it been up to us after being relegated to League One.

On Byrne, don't really see him wanting away from Scotland for the reasons you said, Gallagher yeah, but not Byrne. Decs troubles were more a need to get away situation, because down South he wouldn't be known and it would've been a new start giving him the chance to avoid media attention, but it looks like he's happy at Livi and hasn't had much hassle over it.

Declan's problems happened when he was at Dundee weren't they? As far as I can recall they offered him a new contract but he chose to come to us to get away. Then again my memory isn't what it was.

Actually at the moment its probably easier to mention those of the starting eleven  that's been with the club for more than four months that haven't been involved in paper talk.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Honestly it's a bit disrespectful to comment on anything about what happened to him - he's been through a lot and it's a horrible thing for anyone to speculate on how he may feel about it. From what I've seen he's settled here as are most of our players.

All you do is telling us our players are leaving, clearly not a Livi fan. Even we're not that pessimistic at our worst. When it comes down to it we should be asking for a record fee at least for Byrne, Halkett, Kelly or Pittman. We could easily ask for 2m+ for any of those in todays climate for transfer fees all depending on contracts etc

Poor comment saying he would want away from Scotland because of his life out of football. He’s had a really tough few years losing his mother and I think I read he lost his dad at young age to. He’s done unbelievably well to continue on from that