Livingston - all the threads merged

On 11/4/2018 at 14:57, ATLIS said:

Made his debut v us for Airdrie at age 14. He played in the reserves last week and scored a hat-trick and then scored one on Tuesday night.

Jordan Allan his name is, just been released by Wolves

Looks a decent finisher but also pretty small - not sure how he'd get on being battered about by back CBs in Scottish prem. He's also not gonna win many headers which is key as we often play long balls. Do need other options up top though!

Edited by Mpire

Keaghan would be POTS for me so far, with Byrne and Gallagher close behind. I was surprised to see him dropped this weekend. Not been impressed by Lawson yet either, but I missed this week so I'm glad that he looks to be getting up to speed.

If there was anyone I'd take out of the midfield right now then it would be Pittman. I think he's an excellent player, but both Byrne and Keaghan have been better so far this season IMO.

8 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

If there was anyone I'd take out of the midfield right now then it would be Pittman. I think he's an excellent player, but both Byrne and Keaghan have been better so far this season IMO.

I understand your point. For me, Pittman is about as dangerous a player as we have. He gets beyond our 'striker(s)' consistently and is great on the break. Ideally he'd have scored another couple, e.g. at Hamilton, Hearts. I think the back and middle three pick themselves for the time being.

9 hours ago, Durnford said:

He had a good game in the 1-nil match against Annan; only about eight minutes against Hamilton  and about 20 mins against Airdrie (which he did okay at).  Played unnecessarily at a Gateshead friendly whilst apparently nursing an injury which knackered him.

He's also played a reasonable number of reserve games so hopefully he's already fully up-to-speed.

So far I've yet to see any evidence to put him starting in the team ahead of Keaghan; Lawson or even Lawless. Time will tell however.

His through ball for Miller's goal and some of the passes he slotted  through in the Airdrie game was enough to show he is class, still reckon he needs some games in the first team for everyone to get to know one another though, I think he'd slot in well with Hardie once the 2 of them are playing too. He's a different player from Keaghan imo too, don't see him being a replacement for him, i'd put him in with where Robinson plays.

Raffa's 31 and Millers 35; in my experience player who have a long lay-off once they're past 30 really struggle to achieve their earlier form once back. 
Also regarding the plan to break down teams you don't think the opposition would complain about us fielding a team of 12?
But then again I wouldn't have Sibbald in the starting lineup at the moment.
It was intended more as a pool of players to select from than a designated starting lineup, but I realise that that was quite ambiguous from the way I worded it.

You could be right about Rafa and Miller. Hope not because I reckon they would definitely add something at this level.

11 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

His through ball for Miller's goal and some of the passes he slotted  through in the Airdrie game was enough to show he is class, still reckon he needs some games in the first team for everyone to get to know one another though, I think he'd slot in well with Hardie once the 2 of them are playing too. He's a different player from Keaghan imo too, don't see him being a replacement for him, i'd put him in with where Robinson plays.

There was a hefty slice of luck about the Miller pass but I'll take them however they drop. 

Sibbald is generally better on the left so would have him in front of Lamie although slightly more central. Would see Hardie slotting into Robinson's position.

All this being said its great to be able to argue about a team with such quality where no-one's really wrong; just perspective.

11 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

It was intended more as a pool of players to select from than a designated starting lineup, but I realise that that was quite ambiguous from the way I worded it.

You could be right about Rafa and Miller. Hope not because I reckon they would definitely add something at this level.

Yes; both do and their experience is really valuable. Miller may not have scored a lot of goals for us but the number he's set up by nodding down to an advancing midfielder is impressive. Rafa has lately been better coming on as a sub in the second half.

Mind you I'm not knocking your strategy of playing with twelve men; you could really be on to something.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

There was a hefty slice of luck about the Miller pass but I'll take them however they drop. 

Sibbald is generally better on the left so would have him in front of Lamie although slightly more central. Would see Hardie slotting into Robinson's position.

All this being said its great to be able to argue about a team with such quality where no-one's really wrong; just perspective.

It was an excellent ball up for Miller to run onto, don't see anything lucky about it.

Robinson is playing where Hardie plays, once Hardie is back playing he'll drop into midfield, but i'd say that's also where Sibbald will be best suited to play, Raffa will likely be on the left hand side playing in front of Lamie once he's back playing.

Interesting bit of reading in terms of certain squad stats in the league. Our "team of giants" surprisingly comes in at the 3rd shortest in the league behind St Mirren and Dundee. Also interesting to note that on MOTD2 they did a bit of analysis on why teams are fielding shorter players and that they seem to suit the modern game better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46049275

Edited by Cptn Hooch

Great performance today. Thought whole team did really well. Special shout outs to Kelly, Keags and Lawson today who looked class.

Pitman a bit anonymous today and Sibbald didnt look up to pace when he came on (although didnt have long on the park). Hope Byrne's injury isnt a bad one!

Proud livi fan!

Couldn’t be any more prouder of the team today. Kelly was exceptional , Jacobs best game of the season. Halkett Deccy and Lithgow were solid. Byrne was brilliant until he got injured looked a nasty one. Menga was excellent worked so hard today. Pittman got through a power of work today. Bobby burns first start I thought he was really good today 

2 hours ago, Mpire said:

Great performance today. Thought whole team did really well. Special shout outs to Kelly, Keags and Lawson today who looked class.

Pitman a bit anonymous today and Sibbald didnt look up to pace when he came on (although didnt have long on the park). Hope Byrne's injury isnt a bad one!

Proud livi fan!

Pittman covered every blade of grass for livingston today, blocking space where Celtic wanted to play the ball on both sides. 

His work rate was brilliant, I would think that's what he was asked to do first and foremost. 

Only my opinion, obviously you Boy's will know him better. 

1 minute ago, wullie robb said:

Pittman covered every blade of grass for livingston today, blocking space where Celtic wanted to play the ball on both sides. 

His work rate was brilliant, I would think that's what he was asked to do first and foremost. 

Only my opinion, obviously you Boy's will know him better. 

Every blade of plastic* :D 

there's a reason other pros speak so highly of him, quite a few have said that no matter where you go he's clipping at your heels. Never a minute of peace and just always right behind you

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Every blade of plastic* :D 

there's a reason other pros speak so highly of him, quite a few have said that no matter where you go he's clipping at your heels. Never a minute of peace and just always right behind you

Cheers Atlas, how could I forget the plastic.