Livingston - all the threads merged

Anyone remember what our average attendances were for the last couple season we were in the premier league previously? Pretty sure they were around 3000? Anyone remember what number of home fans we had then? Still around the same as this year - about 1100.

Anyone remember what our average attendances were for the last couple season we were in the premier league previously? Pretty sure they were around 3000? Anyone remember what number of home fans we had then? Still around the same as this year - about 1100.
from wikipedia:

2001-2002 : 7477
2002-2003 : 6663
2003-2004: 5116
2004-2005 : 5157
2005-2006 : 4938

1 hour ago, Mpire said:

Pretty sure we sold around 3000+ season tickets in our season in the SPL.

Selling key players; financial irregularities and mid-season turmoil all took their toll after that.

Also think we had a higher number of visiting fans in the first year as we were a new ground to most of the other teams' supporters.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Played for Airdrie and then signed for Wolves. He played against us in a cup game when Bollan was their manager. He made headlines for being the youngest player to play in  an SFL game, aged 14.

Sounds promising - what is his second name?

3 hours ago, Mpire said:

Allan ?? Where is he from?

Made his debut v us for Airdrie at age 14. He played in the reserves last week and scored a hat-trick and then scored one on Tuesday night.

Jordan Allan his name is, just been released by Wolves

44 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

What would your strongest team be with everyone available?

Kelly
Gallagher Halkett Lithgow
Lamie Pittman Byrne Lawson De Vita
Sibbald
Hardie

Could replace Sibbald for Miller depending on the game

Depends who we're playing, I think Keaghan has to be in games against Celtic and Sevco, alongside Pittman and Byrne, we need his dig and also his deliveries from set pieces. I'd like to see Menga on the wing once Hardie is playing, with Kaja on the other wing, both have very good pace and we've not had that in both wings yet. I'd play them against the likes of Accies and Motherwell to hit the byeline and get in behind their defence.

7 hours ago, LogieLivi said:
13 hours ago, ATLIS said:
Kelly
Lamie Pittman Byrne Lawson De Vita
Sibbald
Hardie

Could replace Sibbald for Miller depending on the game

Really? Lawson in instead of Keags? Really? Like. Are you serious right now?

Not sure if De Vita would qualify for a starting position now particularly on the left which should, by rights, be Lamie; one if the best performers on Saturday despite the weather.

Sibbald has one good game against Albion. Other than that he's been pretty nondescript; Robinson or Menga would be a far better option to stir things up a bit.

Keaghan's set piece accuracy was really missed on Saturday; Lawson did okay but I rarely got the feeling that his set pieces were going to end up with a Livi player. Had rather hope he'd be able to recreate the corner he took in the Dundee game.

What would your strongest team be with everyone available?
Totally depends on the opposition. I think the spine of the team is:

Kelly

Byrne Keags Pittman Lamie

If we're looking to sit in, press and counter attack break you'd be looking at Lawless, Menga and Robinson

If we need to break a team down then Sibbald, Hardie, Da Vita and Miller are better options.

The rest are backup, although it sounds like Lawson played well in our last game.

Raffa's 31 and Millers 35; in my experience player who have a long lay-off once they're past 30 really struggle to achieve their earlier form once back. 

Also regarding the plan to break down teams you don't think the opposition would complain about us fielding a team of 12?

But then again I wouldn't have Sibbald in the starting lineup at the moment.

Sibbald looked good in Betfred games but since his injury he's hardly played a game, that was his first start against Accies,  Against St Johnstone he was the only player that had a pop at goal from outside the box and almost scored. Reckon he still needs a few more games under his belt to get him up to speed.

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Sibbald looked good in Betfred games but since his injury he's hardly played a game, that was his first start against Accies,  Against St Johnstone he was the only player that had a pop at goal from outside the box and almost scored. Reckon he still needs a few more games under his belt to get him up to speed.

He had a good game in the 1-nil match against Annan; only about eight minutes against Hamilton  and about 20 mins against Airdrie (which he did okay at).  Played unnecessarily at a Gateshead friendly whilst apparently nursing an injury which knackered him.

He's also played a reasonable number of reserve games so hopefully he's already fully up-to-speed.

So far I've yet to see any evidence to put him starting in the team ahead of Keaghan; Lawson or even Lawless. Time will tell however.

Based on current form and availability:

Kelly

RWB + Keaghan Lamie

Pittman Byrne

Menga + nippy other

I thought Lawless looked lively when he came on against Accies. Lawson might be getting the nod over Keaghan when there is more ground to cover but at home and against teams where we are likely to be on the receiving end I think his experience wins out.  I think Sibbald looks like a composed player with an eye for an incisive pass; not sure if he is hustling enough just yet. I like the aggression and pace of McMillan and Kaja so it's a tricky call down that right side.

45 minutes ago, crispy said:

Based on current form and availability:

Kelly

RWB + Keaghan Lamie

Pittman Byrne

Menga + nippy other

I thought Lawless looked lively when he came on against Accies. Lawson might be getting the nod over Keaghan when there is more ground to cover but at home and against teams where we are likely to be on the receiving end I think his experience wins out.  I think Sibbald looks like a composed player with an eye for an incisive pass; not sure if he is hustling enough just yet. I like the aggression and pace of McMillan and Kaja so it's a tricky call down that right side.

Interesting point putting in RWB as i think this will depend more than most who we're playing. Lawless is probably the most effective attacking option in that position but cant defend for toffee; McMillan is a strong defender but often far too slow going forward. Robinson has also played well in that position.

Menga can be very effective breaking things down and upsetting defences but his shooting is pretty poor.; as such I'd go for someone like Hardie or Hamilton along side him. Also it depends on the side you're up against; Menga had his best game for  while on Saturday but he wasn't up against a tall defence that were going top lean over him and hold on to him at every opportunity. Against the likes of Motherwell and St. Johnstone he would probably have been better in a wide position.

Agree that an opposition specific  team selection is required.

Lamie to slot in at LB if we play a back four. This will depend on how much of a nightmarish time the opposition wide players are giving us. I recall Holt saying we switched shape against the 'Gers to get a foothold in the game so this could very well be the same scenario - we might not get the time to realise an adjustment is necessary! If fit, Hardie would definitely be in my team. I actually think Sibbald might have the best eye for a pass into the channels, for Menga to run into, or through a defence for Pittman getting beyond. Miller/Hardie getting fit seems a long way off so maybe we have to cut Hamilton loose for a run in the team... hard to know if he's ready for it.