Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, ATLIS said:

His deal has an option for an extra year which I imagine we'll take up. 

I'm going to say it too, thank f**k Dolly and Pepe are away

Pepe ended up being a disaster of a signing, but there will always be a place in my heart for Dolly. Epitomised the chaosball we played when we first got promoted. Utterly loved him in that first year, and I'm disappointed that he clearly hasn't been into it since.

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

When Menga was on his game he was a nightmare to play against. Having said that, with the current squad, its unlikely that he'd even get a regular place on the bench at the moment.

Without Dykes around, I'd have 2018 Dolly as my first choice striker in our current system. Hamilton has potential but is raw, I still don't think SAL was a good signing at all and Poplatnik hasn't had time to shine yet.

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

When Menga was on his game he was a nightmare to play against. Having said that, with the current squad, its unlikely that he'd even get a regular place on the bench at the moment.

I don't think it helped that fans (and clearly the coaches) saw him as a winger rather than a physical centre forward where he was a lot more dangerous.

Frees up wages for Stokes then.:thumsup2 That's the EEN reporting he's signing for us now, may well just be copying the DR story but it's gaining momentum in the media.

Dolly would've got a chance with Dykes away, ideal to lead the line with his pace and bull in a china shop style, always gave us a decent out ball and just ran and ran with the ball, he was relentless. Didn't look interested in being here after that first season though, so best all round that he's away.

5 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Interesting. Released by a 4th tier German side doesn't exactly suggest a great pedigree. Serrano looks like a decent signing though. Let's see how they do.

Indeed.

We're not going to be signing recognised stars, it's always going to be a case of taking a chance on signings, some hit others miss. Here's hoping big Lars does the biz up front, at the very least he looks a good sized target man.

As far as I can see Lars Lokotsch didn't turn professional until he was  20/21 so maybe a bit of an unknown but one of our recruitment aims seems to be targeted at players we feel we can develop and sell on Obviously he showed some potential in his trial?

Signing another defender seemed a bit strange particularly as McMillan had done so well and we have ATS as well; also Julien Serrano is apparently contracted to Monaco until 2022 so its only an interim loan.

Still I suppose we could argue that we'd released a "forward" and defender and got a forward and defender in return?

Looking at Lars' goalscoring record he seems to score on average once every 3 games...not a bad return. Will be interesting to see how he handles the step up. He certainly looks like a target man. Serrano seems like a bit of a coup for us...highly rated from what I've heard with some first team appearances for Monaco including an appearance against Dortmund!!

Edited by Cptn Hooch

Between Martindale’s dealings and the Dykes money we must be bloody loaded. 

Not sure why we’ve picked up a LB as between ATS and McMillan, and Brown, at a push, we’re more than sorted. Certainly needed a striker and Lars’ record looks okay. Not sure about Stokes at all. 

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

Holt's been chatting about Stokes:

Notice how the BBC etc. have the headline "Livingston in talks with Stoke" or something similar and yet Holt is implying we've not actually made contact with him yet?

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Notice how the BBC etc. have the headline "Livingston in talks with Stoke" or something similar and yet Holt is implying we've not actually made contact with him yet?

Yeah looks like it'll be next week before anything happens there. His agent prob contacted us about Stokes availability then got in touch with the press to get the story out for all to see, looking to see if any other clubs showed an interest.