Livingston - all the threads merged

37 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Self awareness isn't your strong point is it, made a total arse of yourself over that episode, and aren't doing much better here.

Ooft.

35 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That's a QotS going down to League One type of post, never ends well when folk make these type of predictions.

The silver lining, of course, will be that we dont have to endure you lot next season :) 

34 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Ooft. 

*sigh*

As fun as this revisionism is, its a very obvious deflection tactic away from how rank rotten Livy are this season.

Cause Im a nice guy, I'll give you some good news this week and leave you to your relegation "battle"

35 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

The Scottish FL. "Oh look, here's a big town without a Football League club, let's move a failing one here." The same as Clyde and MK Dons, down south. 

But we're not owned by the "Scottish FL". Livingston are no more a franchise of the "Scottish FL" than St Mirren are. A franchise club would be Red Bull Salzburg, a franchise of Red Bull. Or the MLS clubs, all owned by MLS. 

9 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

But we're not owned by the "Scottish FL". Livingston are no more a franchise of the "Scottish FL" than St Mirren are. A franchise club would be Red Bull Salzburg, a franchise of Red Bull. Or the MLS clubs, all owned by MLS. 

Well the footballing authorities surely had to sanction the move? But my point was that the club wasn't a product of the area, established and grown by the local people. Saint Mirren are ~7 miles from Ibrox, and ~10 from Parkhead. We still have sold 3,200 SEts this season. 

20 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

But my point was that the club wasn't a product of the area, established and grown by the local people

St Mirren was a private "Gentleman's Club" started by the local cricket and rugby playing upper class. Their wealth then led to their club superseding local competitors.  There wasn't some salt of the earth, communitarian origin.  

12 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

St Mirren was a private "Gentleman's Club" started by the local cricket and rugby playing upper class. Their wealth then led to their club superseding local competitors.  There wasn't some salt of the earth, communitarian origin.  

Were they local gentlemen? I don't see how one's social class is relevant. It's been backed by the people, and will soon be owned by the fans. I, along with hundreds, possibly thousands, of others are now contributing monthly to raise the funds to buy the club. Fan ownership. Now that's class. 

Edited by Sinner-to-Saint

23 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Were they local gentlemen? I don't see how one's social class is relevant. It's been backed by the people, and will soon be owned by the fans. I, along with hundreds, possibly thousands, of others are now contributing monthly to raise the funds to buy the club. Fan ownership. Now that's class. 

So the same thing we're doing with our fan ownership scheme? Livi fans are raising are putting a fair bit in each month too

Sick at losing that game as it felt a bit smash and grab from Aberdeen right after halftime but otherwise I think a pretty decent performance. We were finding spaces between the lines and ended the first half in control, IMO. We made a few chances in both halves and perhaps with a striker on we’d have scored first and got something but just unfortunate with the lack of Int’l clearance for the new boys. Sloppy at the back cost us again. Overall, a decent performance and not concerned about the league position.

44 minutes ago, crispy said:

Sloppy at the back cost us again. Overall, a decent performance and not concerned about the league position.

Agree with this. I feel like if Stokes had been where Robinson was in the first half or Tiffoney was in the second, we would have got a point. 

Nonetheless, the defending for both goals was awful. How does no one get to the cross (terrible closing down from Devlin) before it gets to the back post? Don't think Bartley and Guthrie covered themselves in glory here.

Also think both of them were crap for the second. You can blame Fitzwater for running out but Guthrie loses his man and Bartley isn't closing down quick enough. Both players apparently had knocks going into today, it may have been better to leave them out. Edit: Devlin is leaving a huuuuuge gap between himself and Fitzwater as well.

Also think Fitzwater deserves great credit for pulling some skill out his arse when we looked very beaten at 2-0. He at least gave us a chance in the last 25 minutes. McCrorie also one of our better performers after some unfair criticism. Deserves to keep his shirt for now. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

12 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Agree with this. I feel like if Stokes had been where Robinson was in the first half or Tiffoney was in the second, we would have got a point. 

Nonetheless, the defending for both goals was awful. How does no one get to the cross (terrible closing down from Devlin) before it gets to the back post? Don't think Bartley and Guthrie covered themselves in glory here.

Also think both of them were crap for the second. You can blame Fitzwater for running out but Guthrie loses his man and Bartley isn't closing down quick enough. Both players apparently had knocks going into today, it may have been better to leave them out. Edit: Devlin is leaving a huuuuuge gap between himself and Fitzwater as well.

Also think Fitzwater deserves great credit for pulling some skill out his arse when we looked very beaten at 2-0. He at least gave us a chance in the last 25 minutes. McCrorie also one of our better performers after some unfair criticism. Deserves to keep his shirt for now. 

McCrorie did okay but his poor communication with the defence seemed to cause us problems again. We saw it in the first half against Motherwell but he seemed to step our and start yelling at the defence during the second half to ensure they were where he wanted them to be. For some reason yesterday he seemed to revert to his previous form. We all know confidence is a huge element on how a striker performs but I wonder if that's the same for a youthful goalkeeper (after all he is younger than most other goalkeepers we have - with the exception of DJ I suppose).

With regard to Devlin he did seem to be significantly impacted by his yellow card; probably aware that one more misdemeanour would lead to him leaving early. For the kind of player Devlin is I don't think we can afford to have anything less than a 100% committed performance.

With regard to their second goal; I actually think it was actually quite a good movement by Aberdeen, it wasn't like the ridiculous ones we gave away to Hibs. That being said I also think that it relied heavily on the growing confidence of the Aberdeen forwards; if they hadn't scored their first goal I'm not even sure they would have tried that manoeuvre.