Livingston - all the threads merged

Don't most clubs train on fake pitches nowadays? Very odd.
I had the same thought...surely when he was at Celtic, Hibs, Falkirk etc they were training on artificial surfaces. He's probably realised he'd be asked to work hard on the pitch and shat oot

While there is clearly some banter to be had from all this, I think Livi have gotten off quite lightly here.

You've got the Dykes cash, you'll find an eminently better option than him before the window shuts.

I had the same thought...surely when he was at Celtic, Hibs, Falkirk etc they were training on artificial surfaces. He's probably realised he'd be asked to work hard on the pitch and shat oot
As well as playing on the Falkirk Stadium's plastic pitch...

59 minutes ago, Ric said:

While there is clearly some banter to be had from all this, I think Livi have gotten off quite lightly here.

You've got the Dykes cash, you'll find an eminently better option than him before the window shuts.

Not 100% convinced of the final part of your post but agree with everything else. Very much like the Kenny Miller management experiment, let's hope we bounce back in a similar way to then.

Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

Not 100% convinced of the final part of your post but agree with everything else. Very much like the Kenny Miller management experiment, let's hope we bounce back in a similar way to then.

For me, Stokes was a calamity waiting to happen, from breaking covid guidelines to being filmed in an Irish bar singing "songs" to becoming disillusioned with your league position and acting all billy big baws and sowing disharmony in the squad. The other seasoned pros you've brought in (Bartley, Ambrose) are far more the temperament you want, I always felt Stokes was not the right fit.

btw, does anyone actually believe the "plastic pitch" excuse?

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:
Don't most clubs train on fake pitches nowadays? Very odd.

I might be reading too much into it but our statement reads to me like he was 'struggling' to get in shape, i.e. probably not working hard enough.

Anyway, Kenny Miller on a 3 year deal please.

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

No. The sentence 'He didn't want to train on a plastic pitch' could be ended after five words and remain factually correct.

I think all the statement shows is that it is a disgrace for a professional team to use a plastic pitch in a professional league. I would go so far as to suggest that a points deduction, or even a direct expulsion from the league, is in order here; along with Kilmarnock and Hamilton of course. After all it's no big deal if the seaside divisions need to make do with lesser quality surfaces, but our top league is a "blue ribbon event" and lest we become a laughing stock of world football by using such pitches. If top international players like Stokes are hampered from performing because of sub standard surfaces then what is that doing to the league in general.

For me, Stokes was a calamity waiting to happen, from breaking covid guidelines to being filmed in an Irish bar singing "songs" to becoming disillusioned with your league position and acting all billy big baws and sowing disharmony in the squad. The other seasoned pros you've brought in (Bartley, Ambrose) are far more the temperament you want, I always felt Stokes was not the right fit.
btw, does anyone actually believe the "plastic pitch" excuse?
Old Firm das will.