Livingston - all the threads merged

9 hours ago, Afro said:

I’m assuming (hoping?) that between SAL, Hamilton and Crawford leaving that this is opening the door for a striker or two to join. Griffiths on loan, anyone?

I imagine Celtic will keep Griffiths in reserve until closer to the end of the window in case Edouard leaves. 

Pignatiello, De Vita and possibly one of Taylor-Sinclair/McMillan to follow? Both of them I rate higher than Serrano incidentally.

852227950_Screenshot2020-09-19at09_17_48.thumb.png.7a382376b570cf67595dd1c0d0f73463.png

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Announce Griffiths.

Seriously though, SKA and Hamilton will benefit from loan and dont think we will suffer from them being out. Crawford I think has proven as a first team player but needs game time so I support a loan.. but to Motherwell ?

I still think Stokes was worth a punt so no issue with that.

Edited by crispy

Anyone else fed up of Devlin costing us goals?
Admittedly I'm only going by the replays as I've just got in the house but I can't see where he's directly cost us a goal today. The second goal is a shambles from the entire defence especially Brown who's barely jogged to track his man, giving him a tap in. Defence needs better organisation and that starts with the keeper...I can't say I've ever noticed McCrorie shouting at his defence to get them set

7 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I imagine Celtic will keep Griffiths in reserve until closer to the end of the window in case Edouard leaves. 

Pignatiello, De Vita and possibly one of Taylor-Sinclair/McMillan to follow? Both of them I rate higher than Serrano incidentally.

852227950_Screenshot2020-09-19at09_17_48.thumb.png.7a382376b570cf67595dd1c0d0f73463.png

But will they bang 30 yarders in at Celtic Park? :D

56 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Admittedly I'm only going by the replays as I've just got in the house but I can't see where he's directly cost us a goal today. The second goal is a shambles from the entire defence especially Brown who's barely jogged to track his man, giving him a tap in. Defence needs better organisation and that starts with the keeper...I can't say I've ever noticed McCrorie shouting at his defence to get them set

Stands off McGregor for the first goal and loses his man Taylor for the second. 

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Felt he stood off McGregor for their opener, allowing him the shot, then shirked out the block, turning away for it to deflect off his back/arse, did the same for Accies opener last week, and also remember the Motherwell away game, sure he's had several deflected goals come off him with his body shape always turns away to avoid being hit in the face. Ok it's a natural reaction, but about time he just took the shot in the puss to stop us conceding goals, Holt is always talking about us having to stick heads in where it hurts etc.

Also felt McCrorie got it wrong coming out for either Christie's or Ajeti's, can't remember which now, making it easy to get the shot past him from the edge of the box.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He's prob waiting to see Stryjek in the Betfred games before making any decisions on replacing McCrorie.

Yeah I called this recently. Stryjek will get both October games as McCrorie is away with Scotland.

McCrorie is giving me Ross Stewart vibes from the start of last season in the sense he is not doing much wrong but he is not making a lot of saves and a lot is going in. Don't think it's quite that bad yet but he needs to start helping the defence out more often.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

5 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

McCrorie is giving me Ross Stewart vibes

That sums it up perfectly tbh. He's a young Ross Stewart who's been hyped up for about 6 years because he plays for Rangers. If Ross Stewart was at Rangers in the same way McCrorie has been, he'd be the next best thing.

QoS will disagree obviously but McCrorie is and has been poor this season and doesn't have what it takes to play at the top level (atm). Comparing the stats Jak Alnwick is saving on average an extra goal a game with %save chances on expected goal. 

Stat wise McCrorie is a cast off at the bottom, the sooner we replace him/drop him the quicker our season turns around

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

That sums it up perfectly tbh. He's a young Ross Stewart who's been hyped up for about 6 years because he plays for Rangers. If Ross Stewart was at Rangers in the same way McCrorie has been, he'd be the next best thing.

QoS will disagree obviously but McCrorie is and has been poor this season and doesn't have what it takes to play at the top level (atm). Comparing the stats Jak Alnwick is saving on average an extra goal a game with %save chances on expected goal. 

Stat wise McCrorie is a cast off at the bottom, the sooner we replace him/drop him the quicker our season turns around

The same stats showed Ross Stewart performing above average last season so I hesitate putting too much faith in them. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi