Livingston - all the threads merged

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

To be fair, Livi wouldn't be Livi if they didn't have some reprehensible human beings on the payroll. 

We helped turn a guy who had 2 prison stints for attempted murder into a full Scotland international. We've managed to bring in guys that were written off by other clubs and push them on. Call it rehabilitation

Everybody taken the grumpy pill today?

I'm not a fan of Stokes but the simple truth is we sign who we can afford. 

Of all the player we've signed over the past couple of years I still have trouble believing Bartley was dumped by Hibs and we picked him up on  free.

9 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

There's speculation on our forum about your season ticket sales? Apparently you've only shifted 200, and are skint. Is that true? I know you have shite support, but 200? 

Can’t comment on the season tickets but is it my imagine or did Livvy not just sell Dykes for £2m ? Even if it’s a structured deal over a period of time I don’t think they’ll be skint !!

57 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Everybody taken the grumpy pill today?

I'm not a fan of Stokes but the simple truth is we sign who we can afford. 

Of all the player we've signed over the past couple of years I still have trouble believing Bartley was dumped by Hibs and we picked him up on  free.

Usually, when Bartley gets dumped, it ends up in a court case.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

St Mirren fans have this weird need to have a rivalry with Livingston, eh? They must miss Morton. 

Shame no one gives enough of a f**k about their tinpot little club. 

I don't really think about Morton, to be honest. I've always wanted a rivalry with Thistle, as I have often worked with their supporters and they're more our level. 

I was just wondering whether you'd really only sold 200 STs. Genuinely. See Cambiebud's reply:

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50928-kristian-dennis/page/3/#comments

Do you not see any irony in calling a club founded in 1877 'tinpot', given your own club's history? You're basically a franchise. 

2 hours ago, crispy said:

The Old Firm and Edinburgh clubs thing is without doubt the biggest challenge. Do you think affluence has any role? I read an article that said women in Livingston were joint lowest paid in the Lothians. I can’t imagine the men are making that much more. There are low income areas dotted across the country so it may not be a significant differentiator.

I think it's probably also attributable to the fact Livingston is a new town, and folk have roots elsewhere. Clyde and Livingston are similar in that respect. 

1 minute ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I don't really think about Morton, to be honest. I've always wanted a rivalry with Thistle, as I have often worked with their supporters and they're more our level. 

I was just wondering whether you'd really only sold 200 STs. Genuinely. See Cambiebud's reply:

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50928-kristian-dennis/page/3/#comments

Do you not see any irony in calling a club founded in 1877 'tinpot', given your own club's history? You're basically a money laundering operation. 

I think it's probably also attributable to the fact Livingston is a new town, and folk have roots elsewhere. Clyde and Livingston are similar in that respect. 

FTFY.

59 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Can’t comment on the season tickets but is it my imagine or did Livvy not just sell Dykes for £2m ? Even if it’s a structured deal over a period of time I don’t think they’ll be skint !!

I genuinely hope not. This may surprise a few folk, but I don't like to see clubs go to the wall, and given the current climate that's distinctly possible, unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

How many average cups per year? 

Not sure. We're the only Scottish club to win the Anglo-Scottish Cup.

Also, St Mirren won the Barcelona Cup back in 1922 when they saw off Notts County in the final - the cup was played to mark Barca’s move to their Les Courts ground.

15 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Not sure. We're the only Scottish club to win the Anglo-Scottish Cup.

Also, St Mirren won the Barcelona Cup back in 1922 when they saw off Notts County in the final - the cup was played to mark Barca’s move to their Les Courts ground.

Exciting stuff 😫

Given the chance I'm sure Stokes will score goals, how many I suppose remains to be seen, but on paper you wouldn't consider him a bad signing.

I do wonder about the baggage he comes with. Obvs if the choice was sign him or be relegated, all our respective clubs would make that call, but that's not really the issue here. Even without Stokes I'd expect Livi to continue making a decent fist of things, even if they have made a slow start.

However could this be the first billy big baws signing that the club have made recently. All the other players they've added have either been unknown (to the majority) foreigners, younger players with potential, or seasoned players who won't rock the boat. Stokes seems to break that mould.

I'll not lie, I wouldn't want him at my club, but that's not suggesting he will automatically fail at Livi.

1 hour ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Do you not see any irony in calling a club founded in 1877 'tinpot', given your own club's history? You're basically a franchise. 

tenor (1).gif

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

We helped turn a guy who had 2 prison stints for attempted murder into a full Scotland international. We've managed to bring in guys that were written off by other clubs and push them on. Call it rehabilitation

Hendo doesn't believe in second chances, he's a fire and brimstone kinda guy, string em up and hang them high. Rehabilitation has  redact editing in his dictionary, to say, person that is forever guilty of a crime and will burn in hell for all eternity.

Wonder though if he stalks the Motherwell board looking for any  opportunity to post about Gallagher's past dealings with a baseball bat, and any other club with a player that has a checkered past (i'd imagine there'd be quite a few), or if he's just got some obsession with Livingston.

20 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Fair play to Mr. X for eventually returning after being laughed at for not realising the Gary Maley twitter poll was a joke. Hadn't heard from him in a while.

Id forgotten all about that. Surprised you'd want to bring that embarrassment back up.